I would shove it down your fucking throat!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HazelGod, Sep 13, 2009.

1. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Defending US Open champion Serena Williams has lost her chance to repeat the title.

During a match point in the semifinal round, Williams unleashed a tirade of epithets at an official...at one point screaming "If I could, I would take this fucking ball and shove it down your fucking throat!"

She was penalized a point for the unsportsmanlike conduct, which resulted in the match going to her unseeded, unranked opponent.

Keep it classy, Serena.

2. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I read the title with hope but soon realised how short lived that hope was when I read your thread. :redface:

3. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    She is so fucking hot I got all types excited when she went on that tirade. And that foot fault call was complete bullshit.

4. D_Kissimmee Coldsore

So she can talk dirty, niiiice.

5. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Keep working on those titles, HG.

6. houtx48

Gold Member

is a foot fault not support to be called and a double one at that...........if she had kept her mouth shut she might be in the finals.

7. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    That foot fault should have never been called.

8. camper joe

Gold Member

Oh the things that happen in the heat of the moment.

9. D_Tintagel_Demondong

I sensed an uneasiness in Serena when watching her play doubs on Wednesday. She seemed bored, frustrated, and had no focus. The sisters won, but it was very sloppy.

Skull_Mason and I sat near Joe Williams in the stands just a few nights ago. I wonder what Joe thought about his daughter's behavior tonight. I thought that this might have been some gamesmanship, but soon realized that it was just an old-fashioned tennis tantrum. A bit of Compton came out of her?

This is an old school tantrum... how it should be done. McEnroe made (only) $12 million in his career. I wonder how much was paid back due to tennis in fines for bad behaviour, swearing and misconduct.

#9 D_Tintagel_Demondong, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  10. Flashy

Gold Member

her behavior was despicable...if you are going to curse or throw a tantrum, fine...that is a players choice...it is stupid and childish, but ultimately many players do it...but shaking your racket at an official, and threatening them with violence is unacceptable...i am glad they fined her...

after all, it is not the first time she has threatened someone on court! remember when she threatened the spanish player Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez!

11. D_Tintagel_Demondong

You also have to keep in mind the abuse that they've taken from other players. I don't blame them for being somewhat reactionary, but I do think that verbally abusing officials should be a default at the very least. In this case, it equated to a default.

Don't forget events like this that the Williams sisters had to contend with, which likely shaped their attitude.

12. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

VERY BAD LOSER SHE IS :biggrin: She just can't deal with great Belgian power :rolleyes:

13. superbot

Gold Member

She is and always has been an utterly charmless individual and I hear VERY unpopular with other players.Not good for the great game of tennis...

14. Flashy

Gold Member

from what i can see, the Williams sisters did not suffer that one...Venus did :wink:

i think Venus has alot more class and restraint than Serena. she is mor of a thinker.

i don't doubt there is racial animus out there. but i think they made such a bad impression early on, mostly thanks to their father, that there is aalways such thin ice around them, in all regards...how they behave, how Richard behaves, how the fans, press and others behave towards them...it is always a fine line...

like the nonsense about Indian Wells...thye boycott the event because of the "racial" reasons...i.e. a couple of obnoxious people said supposedly bad stuff, so you should avoid the entire Indian Wells tournament, that about 80,000 people attend to see the best play, and who do not shout racist remarks at players...but then they have absolutely *ZERO* compulsion about each picking up an "appearance fee" of close to 1 million bucks to appear at the Dubai tournament each year...one would think that the stink over the emirate banning an ISraeli Jew last year, we might expect Venus and Serena to boycott that tournament for what was a state sanctioned act of prejudice, not just a couple of obnoxious fans...

but obviously, getting a check from Indian Wells, for between $7,000 (1st round) to $605,000(winner) not guaranteed and no appearance fee (cannot be given for Masters or Slam level events )vs going to Dubai and getting between $11,000-$383,000 in prize money, travelling half the world to get to, but being given a million dollar appearance fee is a choice they don't wish to make...

for me, there "racial problem" with Indian Wells vs their huge guaranteed check is about the edge of the sea where their principles on race and discrimination end.

(note, plenty of men accept the Dubai tourney and fees as well, but none of them have pretended to actually care about racism)

agree totally on your point about a default...

15. Flashy

Gold Member

i agree...what annoys me most though about her, is how little she cares about being the best.

all she cares about is slams...everything else, she is lazy and does not care...

she just goes, plays a couple rounds, she can easily beat most of the players in her sleep up until the quarterfinals, where she then gets booted, so she picks up a check for $75,000 for three days worth of mediocre, lazy uninspired tennis.

the sad things, she is truly not an alltime great...but she could have been the greates ever...she simpkly does not have the love, the passion or the desire...

could you imagine Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods being totally okay getting beaten all year, and only show up for the four big events? true greats don't due that...they want to win every single game, every single time, any place anywhere.

she does not train hard, and she does not care. she should weigh 20 pounds less at least, she could still hit like a cannon, and she could move twice as well. in terms of natural talent, there is nobody on the WTA tour even close to her except for Venus.

and she has won only 11 times in 11 years.

it is one thing when she was injured in 2006...but she really just does not seem to care.

people say that she always "shows up" and "plays hard" at the Slams, but just ignores the rest, but sometimes, she looks equally as lazy at the slams.

i mean look at her record once she won her ""serena slam" , she has not cared at all, ever since she won the "Serena Slam" back in 02-03...she cared into the summer of 2003, she won Wimby that summer and had 6 grand slams by then...she has had 5 in 6 years since.

and look at where they have come since Wimbledon 2003:

Australian Open - competed in 5 since then *WON 3* knocked out in the 3rd and in the QFs in the other 2 (very respectable, but come on...no way she should have been knocked out that early twice. )

French Open - competed in only 4 since then *WON 0* knocked out in the QF's three times, in the 3rd round 1 time (totally disgraceful here)

Wimbledon - Compete in 5 *WON 1* runner up twice, knocked out in the QFs 1 time and the 3rd round 1 time. (total waste...granted her sister has stood in her way in 2008, but she should be dominating on grass)

US Open - competed in 6 times *WON 1* knocked out in Semis 1 time (09) QFs twice and 4th round twice. (totally disgraceful) there is *NO* reason, why on the fastest hard court in tennis (USO) on her best surface, that she should have only made it past the quarters twice in 6 trips.

is it any wonder why she has won the Australian the most times (3) since the Serena Slam, and it is the only Slam she has won multiple times since the Serena Slam? I shall tell you.

the Australian is the very first Major and Slam of the year. she has been training, not going to matches, she has something to concentrate on (sometimes) and her interest only seems to be high in january, before she gets lazy sometime in March

blech...can't stand Serena.

don't like Venus much either, but at least she seems to actually care....too bad she has less talent then Serena, and has won far less...i mean seriously, she went *4* years of her peak, prime years without winning a slam...grantd Serena blocked her in a couple, but there were 8 times between the USO 2001 and Wimby 05 when Venus won zip, and neither did Serena, so Venus had her chances...

since 01, she has never won any other tournament other than 3 Wimbys...3 slams in 8 years, in her peak years?

L-A-Z-Y

the simple fact that Justine Henin, won 7 slams, in 5 years, with probably half the athletic talent, speaks volumes.

she left the game at age 26, as the #1 player. Serena seems content to just slide along...more happy with the idea of celebrity, then the idea of being the best female tennis player ever....because she could have done it, no doubt, with the kind of dedication that true greats exhibits.

serena...blah :rolleyes:

16. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Fed Cup.

17. justmeincal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Venus has matured into a gracious human being, often giving credit to her opponent when she loses. It is too bad that some of that hasn't rubbed off onto her little sister.

18. justmeincal

Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted