Ice Cream Recipe?

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ok, I'm googling as we speak but getting overwhelmed with too many varying results and there used to be a tradition of LPSG recipe-swapping.

I've got about a pint of home-made cranberry sauce (300g/12oz cranberries, 200g/8oz sugar, a bit of water and a glass of good rioja red wine) and a pint of double cream left over from New Year's Eve.

What proportion of sauce/cream should I use? Should I add milk/egg yolks?

I don't have an icecream machine but I'm prepared to fork/whisk every now and again as it freezes.

Or should I make a cheesecake?

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Make a cheese cake. I have recipes for ice cream, but you really need an ice cream maker or you wind up with cream soup that you freeze. If you want the recipes I'll be happy to give it to you. If you have a KitchenAid stand mixer the ice cream maker attachment is great.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks Nude, a cheesecake recipe would be welcome. I know about the crushed buiscuit base, but that's about all. I think the sauce would work really well as a topping.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK, I think I found something you will like. You said you are familiar with the traditional graham cracker crust that is common to most cheesecake recipes. My favorite it this...
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1/8 cup plus 1 tablespoon of sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts(finely chopped)
In a bowl combine the sugar and flour cut in the butter until it's crumbly and the nuts and work the mixture well. Press it into a springform pan and put it in the refrigerator.
Meanwhile preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
It's very important to have all of your ingredients at room temperature for best results.
In a large bowl beat 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese until creamy, about 30 seconds.
Scrape the sides of the bowl and beat in 1/3/4 cups sugar and 3 table spoons flour
beat in 1 table spoon grated lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Now one at a time beat in 5 large egss and then 2 large egg yolks
on low speed beat in 1/2 cup heavy cream.
Turn the batter onto the crust and smooth the top with a spatula so it is smooth.
Bake for 15 minutes at 500 degrees F and then reduce the temperature to 200 degrees F and bake for another hour. Then turn the oven off and prop the oven door open slightly and let it cool undisturbed for another 30 minutes. Let it cools completely before unmolding your springform pan.. Refrigerate at least six hours before serving and topping. Preferably overnight. The cheese flavor is even more intense after 48 hours.
Your topping sounds like it would be great.
Enjoy!

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mmmm, thanks for the recipe, sounds great. We use crushed digestive biscuits (wholewheat cookies to you, I think) but I like the sound of your home-made base.

Now I've just got to convert the cups to ounces/grams, the sticks to knobs, the degrees F to degrees C/gas mark and find out what a springform pan is! Actually I think I can guess the last one. Divided by a common language indeed (O. Wilde).

Autofellatio

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Mmmm, thanks for the recipe, sounds great. We use crushed digestive biscuits (wholewheat cookies to you, I think) but I like the sound of your home-made base.

Now I've just got to convert the cups to ounces/grams, the sticks to knobs, the degrees F to degrees C/gas mark and find out what a springform pan is! Actually I think I can guess the last one. Divided by a common language indeed (O. Wilde).

Hang on a bit... Cream crackers is wrong...

She used Julie's Biscuits - wholemeal digestives - and not cream crackers. Memory is messed up here :tongue:

About ounce to grams...

One pound = 16 ounces, and one kilogram = 1000 grams = 2.2 pounds...

You could derive it from there :smile:

Last edited:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
damn, thought i was gonna get an ice cream recipe here,

i like food projects where i have to buy specialized equipment.

come on Nude, give us a recipe! maybe a gelato too.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I bought an ice cream maker once. Big mistake. The ice cream came out soft and the ingredients cost more than buying store bought ice cream.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I bought an ice cream maker once. Big mistake. The ice cream came out soft and the ingredients cost more than buying store bought ice cream.

you must have done it wrong, i've had fantastic home made ice cream b4. i didn't make it but it was way better than anything you could buy in a store.

and when you make it yourself, at least you know what's in it. not polysorbate 80 and guar gum, and FD&C yellow.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK here is my favorite ice cream and gelato recipes. One word of advice I can give for full proof success is to make your batter and then freeze it and then let it defrost in the refrigerator over night before you put it in your ice cream maker. I use the attachment for the KitchenAid stand mixer.
It's worth the expense because it's so much better than anything you can buy in the store.
Vanilla
2 1/2 cups half and half
8 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon of salt
In a saucepan heat the half and half until hot but not boiling, remove from heat
Put egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and whip unitl well blended and slightly thickened. Gradually add the half and half mixture until well blended. Return it to the saucepan and cook until small bubbles form around the edge. (do not boil) Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the cream vanilla and salt. Cover and chill throughly at least 8 hours.
Put it in your ice cream maker and follow the instructions
If you add fruit or any other ingredients do it in the last two minutes of freezing.
Gelato
I have dozens of recipes for gelato but this is my favorite
Ginger Honey Gelato
3 oz fresh ginger peeled
1 1/2 whole milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup flavorful honey (I like lemon or orange blossom honey best)
Finely grate the ginger and put it in a pan with the milk and cream and stir in the sugar over med heat bring the mixture to a low boil remove from heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes to allow the ginger flavor to infuse into the milk/cream mixture
Place the mixture over med heat again and bring the mixture to a low boil. While it reheats whisk the egg yolks and honey in a bowl. Add a splash of the milk mixture to the egg/honey mixture and whisk in the rest of the milk mixture, if you have a kitchen aid use the whisk attachment and set it on level 2 for about a minute.
Strain the mixture through a chinois or fine mesh sieve to remove the ginger and the little bit of cooked egg yolk.
Cool over night in the refrigerator. Follow the directions on your ice cream maker.
Enjoy!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK here is my favorite ice cream and gelato recipes. It's worth the expense because it's so much better than anything you can buy in the store.
Enjoy!

mmmmmmmmmm. TY!

the KA attachment you mentioned is just the special bowl you stick in the freezer?

that's not that expensive, around $70 online.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight