ICUii / ICU2?

Discussion in 'Webcams / Cyber Connections' started by HungFunNYC, Feb 22, 2006.

1. HungFunNYC

HungFunNYC Active Member

Albums:
    Curious if any other ICUII users are on here.... I like that program because you can trade still pictures w/ someone easily before you connect and because the directory's not overcrowded, even if it seems like a less popular videochat option...

2. Robert8.5

Robert8.5 New Member

Yeah I like icuii too.

As you say it's not too crowded. The chat rooms are cool too.

3. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    yeah, i love ICUii, and on the Mac side i use iSpQ too

4. scorpio1444

scorpio1444 New Member

Albums:
    I use ICUII a lot, although lately it seems to have been overrun by a lot of really boring slugs.... I've had a lot of fun there, though, and it is nice to be able to trade pic messages to get to know someone first

5. beercan9x7

beercan9x7 Member

I love ICUII.

Name there:
    HungthickVA

I love trading pics....and I honestly have this little crush on HungFunNYC. Man what I wouldnt give just one time on one of my NY trips......damn.

6. D_bco08gxc

D_bco08gxc New Member

ICUII is awesome (although they just expired a bunch of registration codes so you may have to buy the program again - check their website for $10 off and you get a free code for a roommate or friend or whatever)

7. novice_btm

Albums:
    Yeah, I just had mine expired, which I swear is a new "policy". It's always been "buy our program", keep track of your Reg. code, because we only keep records for a year. Now, suddenly, they claim that ALWAYS meant that they had an annual renewal policy, but they've just never enacted the expirations before now. I have to say, I've used the program since version 1! even when they used to have a Mac client (don't get me started on that), and I've always loved the program, and ALWAYS found the owners/staff/service to be total obnoxious, when I've chatted with them (professionally, not THAT way :tongue: ).

8. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never tried it because i'm on mac. But like novice, I use iSpQ. Been on it for years.

9. col1974

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey guys. How do I go the trial registration code for ICUii?
    I've downloaded and installed the program and now need a reg code. Any ideas how to get it? The hope page is not forthcoming!!!

Maybe I found a backdoor by mistake, a crap one that doesn't give you anything.............!

10. ThickAZGuy

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I use ICU a lot too - too much in fact - it's a really cool place... most of the time.
    I have a pic in my profile and have chatted with women or guys in the adult rooms on more than one occasion and the ICU lead guy has contacted me using my whole name, made some idle threats, then deletes my profile. If you can get over the fact that you are being watched by some ICU weirdo from time to time, then it's worth chatting on there. Some really cool people hang out there

11. novice_btm

Albums:
    Yeah, it's a generally great crowd there. I've gotten to know some people quite well. I finally let the anger go, and bought my "annual subscription" again. :mad: LOL!

12. Rob

Rob New Member

Albums:
    Hi, I also used the trial version once.. its a great program. But now I am not able to reactivate the installed software again, because I need an registration code. Do anyone know where I can find one in the web?

Smile...

13. novice_btm

Albums:
    Good luck!!! The program validates the license and a hardware address (it COULD be the NIC's MAC address, but I'm not sure) from your PC to the server EVERY time it launches. So, if someone "shared" theirs with you, every time the PC validating to their server changed, you'd have to re-enter all of your registration information. I'm not sure how many times they would see the information flip-flop before they assume the key had been "shared" and they deactivated it (the practice violates their TOS, and allows them to instantly terminate your account). That being said, there were, for earlier versions, hacks floating around that would reset the trial period. I do NOT know where to find them, if they are still around, or if they work on the current version. About a year ago, I chatted with a guy that was using one, but he disappeared after one of the upgrades.

14. Danish25DK

Danish25DK New Member

Just downloaded it, but cant figure out how it works at all... How do u chat with people and how do u get ur picture up on ur profile? Looks like a cool place, just wish I could figure it out, he he...

All help will be appreciated :smile:

15. spunkyspunk

spunkyspunk New Member

Albums:
    any guys on here use icuii? - i've come across (!) some great guys on there

16. Southman

Southman New Member

Ive just downloaded ICUALL and have a webcam of myself, but dont know what to do next. Would love to see other guys as well as me..... How do I connect it all up? Any suggestions?

17. scorpio1444

scorpio1444 New Member

Albums:
    I used to be a regular user there for years. Then one day without notice I logged in and found that they were expiring accounts and users now have to pay a yearly fee. No way...that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

ICUII used to be a lot of fun, but the crowd had grown less and less attractive. Lately it just seemed to be mostly just trolls lurking around hoping to get off with anyone who would cooperate.

When I would look in the directories to see who was on, I saw the same names all the time. It was amazing how at any time there were so many "hot couples," "hung frat bois," and "VGL guys" online, yet none of them were ever on cam! I'm guessing most had fake profiles and left themselves logged in 24/7 to try and collect messages. Of course nothing like that EVER happens here on LPSG. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I've had a lot of really hot fun, and made some great friends there in its day, but that day has come and gone, I'm afraid. It's always exciting to be the new kid on the block though, so you probably have some fun times ahead. Hope you have better luck! :wink:

P.S. If you search the forums you'll find a few other threads on ICUII if you're interested.

18. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Thanks for the ICUII update, scorpio. For a few years after 1998 I enjoyed icuii, but lost my membership a couple of times because of hard drive (no pun intended) problems. With LPSG membership, I was content and never bothered to renew icuii (which would have been the third time). I do recall some enjoyable times with the site, though.

19. novice_btm

Albums:
  20. spunkyspunk

spunkyspunk New Member

Albums:
    you're right about the community there becoming a little stale - so what is everyone else using these days? - what do you guys use?

Draft saved Draft deleted