I'd like your opinion.

naughty_girl

Experimental Member
Media
OH MY GOSH i am shocked at what you had to face as a result of drink driving. I got caught and i was 3 times over the limit last december and all i had to do was

1. stay in a cell until i had sobered up then they let me drive home
2. attend court a month later in which i got banned for 12 months and got a fine of £800
3. attend a drink driving awareness course. its optional but it reduces my insurance when i get to apply for my licence back.

i really am shocked at the different laws/punishments over the world!

:mad:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Let's see, hmmm you stated you enjoyed working with children who have challenges. Well, I have been hit from behind three times by other drivers. I now have damaged disks in my neck and back. I have trouble walking and using my arms. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to work. I just had to cancel a vacation I had waited a year to take because of another driver. Would you be able to live with yourself if you had injured someone for life? Every single day I live in pain and with limitations. Life sucks because of other drivers who were irresponsible. The first one was blabbing on her cell phone. I am sorry you are hurting but no sympathy from me on the punishment.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Cry me a river. I have kyphosis and have to deal with it everyday and attend physical therapy, probably for the rest of my life. That's nothing to do with my drinking though. :rolleyes:

And yes, I could live with myself if I hurt another person, because I'd have to.

What a stupid statement "live with yourself." Are you implying that I'd kill myself if i hurt another person while driving drunk? I'm stupid, but not that stupid.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heather LouAnna said:
... so I guess you'll all be happy to know that I've quit everything as of this past weekend. :rolleyes: That includes cigarettes, alcohol, and pot (yeah, I'm a huge pothead too) and all other drugs, which wasn't much.

The cigs are the hardest. I had a fucking dream last night that I was bumming a smoke....and I'm only on day fucking four.

I am truly happy.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have a real answer for you. You're very young, if you leave you may never be able to relax again. Fifteen years from now; you have the career of a lifetime. Maybe even a family. You may even begin to relax- then your pulled over for *something*.

This all comes out, you get a judge with a bug up his butt and he decides he needs to make an example of you.
Or, maybe you get a judge who takes into consideration that you've done a lot with your life.
Or, maybe you'll be very lucky and that day will never come.

But you'll never know, you'll always wonder. Every time you see a patrol car behind you. Every time a sheriff comes into the same restaurant, you'll wonder.
If you were my daughter ( and I have 2 close to your age) I would tell them to stick out, get this over with. Learn from it. It will be a pain, but it could be much, much worse.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
I wasn't smart enough to stop at one, and I doubt you will be either.

Another decade of denial won't benefit you much in the long run, take it from someone who knows.

Wow, you really did drink the kool aid, didn't you!!!

There are addicts out there, of that there's no question, but to claim that anyone who has been drunk and driven is automatically an alky, is insane.

The problem with the US is that we don't allow ourselves to be human. People make mistakes, that doesn't automatically mean they are addicts.

Your need for AA just shows that you don't have a life, not that you are an alky. If it works for you great, but don't push it off on everyone else.

Heather, don't run. The risks are too great. in 2008 the national ID card requirements go into effect and the chances of you getting caught will be huge. If you had a desire to live abroad for the rest of your life, then I would say, yes, take a chance. Staying in the US would be too risky. Jail time is one thing but prison time something else entirely

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
lol I've already decided to stay.........The job I'm getting is gonna cover all the costs..and a friend and I are considering dancing on the weekends to make things easier.

and I have had a cigarette or a drink in five days! :biggrin1: Um..not that I drink everyday *frown* I'd never get anything done..lol

I think I'm dying. lol

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Heather LouAnna said:
lol I've already decided to stay.........The job I'm getting is gonna cover all the costs..and a friend and I are considering dancing on the weekends to make things easier.

and I have had a cigarette or a drink in five days! :biggrin1: Um..not that I drink everyday *frown* I'd never get anything done..lol

I think I'm dying. lol

Well done Heather - that reminded me of a couple of years ago when I gave up smoking.

In the UK cigarettes are very expensive so I decided to save the money each week that I would normally spend on my vice. After about 5 months I spent the money I had saved on a cruise for my partner and I.

On the first night of the cruise we bought a carton of duty frees cigarettes and are to this day we are still trying to get around to giving up again - lol.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Thanks sweetheart. Words of encouragement, rather than words of guilt, certainly help me cope with things better.

*ahem* Glares at somebody else in the thread. It's my firm belief that guilt does not create morals. Fear makes people fall in line, sure, but it doesn't sway their minds.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Heather LouAnna said:
Cry me a river. I have kyphosis and have to deal with it everyday and attend physical therapy, probably for the rest of my life. That's nothing to do with my drinking though. :rolleyes:

And yes, I could live with myself if I hurt another person, because I'd have to.

What a stupid statement "live with yourself." Are you implying that I'd kill myself if i hurt another person while driving drunk? I'm stupid, but not that stupid.

I never implied would you kill yourself. People who post they took a pain pill to deal with a hangover wouldn't kill themselves. You answered my question. I wouldn't bother you. Your original post was selfish griping over being caught with blood alcohol almost 3 times the limit. Enjoy yourself. If they catch you again, you could be doing jail time.