ID pics

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

da_blissmachine: Whats with the ID pics? Bart was removed.... copywright reasons? and the others all don't work anymore either

2. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: You know, they've been like that for a while now...ever since we were down for about 2 hours a while back...

There's a thread in the etc forum about adding an avatar, if you've got one...

7x6&C

3. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: You know, no one ever mentioned to me that the avatars weren't working. I don't use one myself, so I hadn't really even noticed.

Thanks for bringing it up -- I've fixed it now.

4. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Yea, avatars haven't been working for awhile. That's what forced me to ditch the little red monster and actually figure out how to post my own. And I must say, "Little robot man, I love you!". Either way, it isn't too difficult. Check out www.villagephotos.com for an easy place to post pictures online for the avatar. Works great for me.

5. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Yup, villagephotos is the bomb...and easy as hell

6. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Great pic, Sammy! :D :D

7. Imported

Gold Member

WAHOOWAH: WAHOOWAH

8. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: lolol

Maximillian is a UVa alumni....as soon as I saw that I knew what it was.  All the way from Canada I knew it when I saw it.....

I tease Him and call them the Who's from Whoville.  Cindy Lou-Who.  He pokes me for that.

WAHOOWAH!!
    Be Proud!

(I thought you'd like that pic Peter ;) )

9. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: LPSGing...on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again...

Sorry - but if Sammy and Peter are going to sing, I have to chime in.

Yes, Sammy's WONDERFUL suggestion of villagephotos has been a godsend since the pre-determined avatars went AWOL.

7x6&C

10. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    they sang "puff the magic dragon" didn't they?

11. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Yes they did...along with "If I had a hammer" and lots of other 60's folksy stuff.

Although as you heard last night, neither Sammy or I can stop laughing enough to sing it. :D

7x6&C

12. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I am kinda glad the predetermined avatars went awol. Forced people how to figure out how to get their own working! Now we have a much more diverse collection of av's to look at :)

13. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

[quote author=7by6etC link=board=meetgreet;num=1063137918;start=0#10 date=09/13/03 at 06:06:25]Yes they did...along with "If I had a hammer" and lots of other 60's folksy stuff.
    [/quote]

They had quite a few hits, but their two biggest were covers: Leaving On A Jet Plane (which far outsold the original John Denver version) and Blowin' in the Wind (which slightly outsold the original Bob Dylan version). Personally, I like Day Is Done and I Dig Rock and Roll Music, and of course Puff. No, I'm not that old, but I've seen their concerts on PBS and I kind of like folk music.

14. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

I'm afraid I cannot see anymore the avatars of some members: Paul's, Gig's, sometimes Nony's and Sammy's. I hope mine is fine. I can see it, but I don't know if everyone is able to.

15. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

La photo de toi devant la Rosace de Notre Dame? Oui, Radu ... je la vois.

("The photo of you in front of the Rose Window of Notre Dame? Yes, Radu ... I see it.")

16. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Unfortunately, unless Raal is a concrete angel - that is not him in front of the window.... :D

17. Ralexx

Ralexx Member

:D :D You're right, Sammy ! It's just the front "rosace" (in English, is it "rosette" ?) of the Notre-Dame de Paris, façade's mid-section.
    No, Jacinto, I'm not in the picture :D (save it and magnify it) - I chose for my avatars Parisian monuments.

Signed : Raal, the concrete angel. Former Hunchback of Notre-Dame. With a Large Penis. Kissed by a fairy and turned into a human. Presently attached to the LPSG Cathedral.

18. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Well, the concrete angel is as hard as a rock, and in certain situations Radu can ... uh ... never mind! :eek:

19. Imported

Gold Member

WAHOOWAH: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1063137918;start=0#7 date=09/11/03 at 20:14:33]lolol

Maximillian is a UVa alumni....as soon as I saw that I knew what it was.  All the way from Canada I knew it when I saw it.....

I tease Him and call them the Who's from Whoville.  Cindy Lou-Who.  He pokes me for that.

WAHOOWAH!!
    Be Proud!

(I thought you'd like that pic Peter ;) )
    [/quote]

HAHA - AWESOME - 59-16 - HELL YEAH!!!!!! WAHOOWAH!

20. Imported

Gold Member

sudas: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1063137918;start=0#12 date=09/14/03 at 00:02:59]They had quite a few hits, but their two biggest were covers: Leaving On A Jet Plane (which far outsold the original John Denver version) and Blowin' in the Wind (which slightly outsold the original Bob Dylan version). [/quote]
    I prefer John Denver, myself. I was ticked that "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" wasn't on my greatest hits CD. I loaned my CD to my cousins. They thought J.D. was singing P,P&M's song! I don't care for B.D., but I found out he wrote "The Mighty Quinn," which I do like. When I first saw that P,P&M avatar I thought it was a member-lady with her menage' a trois boyfriends! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted