Identical Twins and Sexuality

Pioneer Productions are filming a documentary for National Geographic on the subject of the development of twins in the womb. As part of this we are looking to film with a pair of monozygotic ("identical") twins where one is gay and one is straight.

No interview would be required as the piece would be narrative driven. We may also be including the possibility of filming an fMRI scan with the twins.

Expenses will be covered.

Please contact me at ryan.lazenby@pioneertv.com or on +44 20 8846 8090 ext 231

Many thanks,

Ryan Lazenby

distillers<3222

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mm tegan and sara are identical and are both gay. they are fucking hot too. mm indie girls get me everytime
tands40.jpg

B_dumbcow

Experimental Member
Media
I know three sets of identical twins. They are all straight.
Identical twins are clones of each other (they have the same DNA), so by having one gay and one straight twin, it shows that homosexuality is not necessarily coded for in an individuals genes, but possibly gained from experience. (I'm not a scientist so that might be wrong)

sam_solo26

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Great thread. Finally something substantial besides the "Is being gay a choice or not" thread. However, there have been a few assumptions I've noticed here (and please correct my ass if I'm just not getting it):

1. Bisexuality is not considered so far as I've read. Either a twin is gay or straight. Where did 98% of the sexuality spectrum go?

2. Identical twins do not exactly have the same genetic state. While their genes may be identical in a dominant/recessive sense, the interactions with the physical environment on the quantum and post-quantum level vary. For example, if one identical twin develops cancer (which has mainly been diagnosed as a genetic disease), then the other must develop cancer simultaneously. Yet I've not seen or heard of such an occurrence. Statistics looking at twins dying within years of each other actually support this line of reasoning, although we'd have to examine each instance of this to eliminate any other non-genetic factors.

I'm sure there are others I haven't noticed, and I don't claim to be a physicist or a biologist. I'll see if I can find others.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Did you ever fool around with your twin?

I can tell you right now that that question is asked often and hated even more so by gay twins. Many consider it rude and offensive. Do you ask all siblings if they have fooled around with each other?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I know three sets of identical twins. They are all straight.
Identical twins are clones of each other (they have the same DNA), so by having one gay and one straight twin, it shows that homosexuality is not necessarily coded for in an individuals genes, but possibly gained from experience. (I'm not a scientist so that might be wrong)

Well, if the statement that identical twins share the same sexuality 50% of the time is a true one, that means that sexuality is likely to be coded for at least in part by genes.

Because if it had nothing to do with genes, you'd expect them to have no greater percent chance of having the same sexuality as regular siblings, but 50% is larger than what it is for regular siblings.

2. Identical twins do not exactly have the same genetic state. While their genes may be identical in a dominant/recessive sense, the interactions with the physical environment on the quantum and post-quantum level vary. For example, if one identical twin develops cancer (which has mainly been diagnosed as a genetic disease), then the other must develop cancer simultaneously. Yet I've not seen or heard of such an occurrence. Statistics looking at twins dying within years of each other actually support this line of reasoning, although we'd have to examine each instance of this to eliminate any other non-genetic factors.

I'm sure there are others I haven't noticed, and I don't claim to be a physicist or a biologist. I'll see if I can find others.

Actually, identical twins do have exactly the same genetic code as one another. That's what makes them identical twins.

It's completely true that environmental effects may influence gene expression and that may lead to a different sexuality state. It's also true, and probably likely, that there may be factors completely unrelated to genetics that influence sexuality.

That said, I don't agree with the statement you made about cancer. Say you have a pair of women who are identical twins and one of them ends up having hereditary breast cancer. There is basically a 100% chance the other twin will get breast cancer. Perhaps not at the same time, but she certainly will. (Just keep in mind, I'm talking about hereditary, BCR-ABL breast cancer, not spontaneous breast cancer here.)

Anyway, just throwing that out there. Interesting topic, though. I'd predict that there's a strong possibility that actual concordance is higher than 50% in identical twins when it comes to sexuality, but that societal influence may pressure at least one of them into not coming out of the closet or denying his or her own sexuality.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I can tell you right now that that question is asked often and hated even more so by gay twins. Many consider it rude and offensive. Do you ask all siblings if they have fooled around with each other?

An identical twin is a different situation, They are in fact natural clones of each other. If I had a clone of myself I would have sex with my other me, but not if we grew up as brothers.

The interesting thing is that although they are facially identical. their penises are different. I have seen a few twin layouts and one is usually bigger than the other.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Molecular Genetic Study of Sexual Orientation (gaybros.com) another research product into the sexuality of identical twins

The 60 Minutes Report which can be view in full (in parts) on yahoo video was fascinating to say the least. A boy who was an identical twin at the age of 7(?) saying that he felt like he was a girl, bedroom decorated all princessy type. The presumed str8 boy was all military bedroom and sports.

In that story they say about the older brother research. The more older brothers a boy has the more likely the younger brothers are to be gay. I'm curious about the birth order of gay/str8 itwins. The more older siblings they have then more likely to be a gay/str8 split in the itwins?

What about the first out of the womb? If as some research shows in utero hormones plays a role I think it might stand to reason that one twin got more than the other.

What about the possibility of 1 placenta and itwins. Would it make any difference if in gay/str8 itwins if both twins had a seperate placenta ?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have twin sons, one is straight (married with a great grandson I have to add), the other is 'bi'. I don't ask what 'bi' means as long as he is happy.

Having realized we are both bi, has actually strengthened our relationship- I think we are more open/honest with each other.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
An identical twin is a different situation, They are in fact natural clones of each other. If I had a clone of myself I would have sex with my other me, but not if we grew up as brothers.

The interesting thing is that although they are facially identical. their penises are different. I have seen a few twin layouts and one is usually bigger than the other.

Genitalia size is affected by hormones, which are environmentally influenced.

Having sex with your clone is the ultimate Narcissistic fantasy. That explains quite a bit, actually.

sam_solo26

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was merely saying earlier with my genetic fallacy that it is impossible to state that the genetic sequence of a set of identical siblings is actually the same. Among the trillions of duplications that take place in the body, there is a good chance that mutations will occur (through Heisenberg uncertainty, intake of different chemicals, etc.) I don't think I commented on these actually affecting sexuality, although they might as far as we know.

I also noticed that I didn't contribute my own experience with twins. I know two sets of identical twins and one set of identical triplets. One set, both males, are both straight to my knowledge. One might have some bisexual tendencies. The other set of twins, both female, are also both straight to my knowledge.

The set of triplets is interesting though. Two are female and one is male. One female has stated that she is a lesbian. The other female claims to be bisexual, and the male just likes to fuck every girl he sees. There might be repression there, but for the time being let's consider him pretty straight. Is there any info. on more numbered sets of identical siblings (triplets, quadruplets, etc.), if that isn't a complete hijack of the thread on twins?

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

The are still brothers or sisters to each other. They don't share the same thoughts, they may be physical clones as you suggest, they are not mental clones. And I was just letting you know that many are offended by your question.

If you want to fuck yourself, great, you don't need to project that onto people who don't share that.

D

deleted257218

The are still brothers or sisters to each other. They don't share the same thoughts, they may be physical clones as you suggest, they are not mental clones. And I was just letting you know that many are offended by your question.

If you want to fuck yourself, great, you don't need to project that onto people who don't share that.

There's no reason why twins would think the same. Although they're genetically identical they are 2 seperate beings and their brains will have adapted to different things