Idiots are over

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Calling people "Idiots" for having legit misgiving about policy is childish and counter productive.

Nobody's been called an idiot for a "legit misgiving". The original poster was specific about this:

ledroit said:
Will his magic, his power, be strong enough to cleanse LPSG of the lunatic nutcases who lurk around the corners, seeking someone to devour, seeking some unsuspecting face they can throw up on, to relieve themselves of all that hateful, hidden spleen that keeps them going?

I'd say an example of the behavior ledroit was talking about is:

starinvestor said:
Umm, I was providing a suggestion for the OP's plea that all conservatives disappear so the liberals are free to worship their hero without incident or distraction.

Patients of insane asylums (with internet access) from around the globe can assimilate in the "liberals only" forum, while productive members of society can continue to exchange healthy ideas under the Politics forum.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
it seems to me after reading these post that most of these people have not even listened to anything the President elect has said. Listen to what he has to say not what you want too hear. he has very clearly stated that the devisiveness must stop and we must be able to talk about our ideas in a civilized manner. Calling people "Idiots" for having legit misgiving about policy is childish and counter productive. Does anyone in this forum really think it was a good idea to give people mortgages when they most likely could not afford them? Was there any real discussion about this before hand ? or was anyone who oppossed it called a "Racist". And by the way, the Conservatives are well aware of what they are going to hear coming out of the capital for the next two years ,Its the The Liberals that need to brace themselves for the shock of things they are about hear from the new administration. Me gets the feeling that they may be blindsided by their "messiah"

Here's the problem.
You underestimate a person's ability to be rational. Most people who voted for Obama are not looking at him as a "Messiah", but as a person who brings something different to the table. We already know that he's not going to be able to come through with every single campaign promise. There hasn't been a single president that has been able to live up to every expectation of the people who voted them in, regardless of party affiliation. All they can do is try to do the best that they can. And hopefully more things will go for the better instead of the worse.

The question I'd like to ask you is why do you think only conservatives can only see this? Because the Democrats had a candidate that actually managed to excite its base? Because people from other countries didn't view our politics in the same way as the conservatives? Are Democrats not to like who they want to vote for? Being rational does not mean being pessimistic.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[To the OP] If you really like the idea of one party rule/discussion and unquestioned devotion, then you're just as bad as the worst Bush fanboys.

Oh wait...except that because you and other leftists say so you're right. Forgot about that one. Opponents simply have their ignorance blinders on and for some inexplicable reason can't see how hopelessly wrong they are.

oh, and LMFAO at Obama being the most intelligent pres. since Lincoln. Even if it were true, intelligence doesn't necessarily a good president make. Two words: Jimmy Carter.

Last edited:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ya, I've noticed a rather sudden, bigg absence on the site...

Some of us gotta work so we can pay for social programs the ObamaBot’s are gonna need soon like the depression medications and mental heath professionals when they find out they were taken in with cheap sound-bites that will never see the light of day. :wink:

B_24065

1st Like
Media
Im not going anywhere you fuckin liberal scumbags! In fact it will be awesome rubbing it in the face of all the brain dead zombie fucks once Obama fails do to everything he promised. The guys is charismatic, but smart? what makes you think that? GWB went to Yale and Harvard and WE got to see HIS transcripts. where he went to school means nada. In fact every unscripted word Obama has said in the past 2 years has revealed that the guy is nothing more than a talking head with speech writers that appeal to those taken by soaring rhetoric, and yet with little interest in any real substance. The election of this phony pony reveals one thing, that the American electorate has become an increasingly uneducated, celebrity obsessed, group of zombies with no critical thinking skills whatsoever. As a black person myself, this election may prove to set back the struggle for equality in America even further, because by the end of these next four years, this silver-tounged idiot is gonna fuck everything up so bad that it will be decades before this country takes a chance on another "black Prez".If Obama's approval rating is above 40% by the end of 09', I'll never write another word on this site.

Last edited:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Some of us gotta work so we can pay for social programs the ObamaBot’s are gonna need soon like the depression medications and mental heath professionals when they find out they were taken in with cheap sound-bites that will never see the light of day. :wink:
You are on to one of the greatest truths in poltics that is the aibility of candidates and aprties to do exactly the opposite of what they say they are for. Obama will not the first nor will he be the last.

In the 19th centur in Britain,, the Whigs Party was for progressive change. The Tories were for keeping things as they were. In retrsspect, it was when the Tories were in power that the most progressive change took place. The answer given by on of the great Tory leaders was that because he was "against" it, he could more easily make the "conversion" and the rest of course is history.

We have two examples right here in the Clinton and Bush presidencies. do you really beleive tha the great "Clinton Welfare Reform" would have passed without the Republicans. Doubtful. As I recall, Clinton did not have a majority of his own party with him on that one.

George Bush. Nearly every economist I have heard quoted said that we had to have the "bail out" as awful as I hate having to do it. So George Bush rounded up the Republican troops and passed it. Quite contrary, it was the Democrats that passed this legislation. There were so many Republicans agaisnt it that it took two votes and even then it was close.

What you haven't considered is that Obama may be able to mkae real change on the left side that needs changing that no Republican could hope to achieve. Obama came from humble beginings at a time when a half black and half white child wasn't accepted as they are today. Yet, Obama not only has a law degree from Harvard but a four point law degree. The man may not be right, but no one can argue that he is brilliant.

Obama can look at the faces of our African-American boys in elementary and high school and tell them, "You can do it. You can make it!" There is a chance many of them will believe it and do it. Do you really believe that McCain saying the same thing is going to have the same effect?

Have you seen the statistics? The percent of African-American young males incarcerated in American prisons? The statistics are alarming. I don't remember the percent. I just remember it is staggering to even think about. Just the election of Obama may make a major change in the image thus the achievement of our African-American young males.

Think about the election. I watched as African-Americans were moved to tears at the election of Obama. I have a special love for older people. Watching those older African-Americans who remember when they couldn't vote, use a public restroom, eat at most restaurants for a large portion of their lives, crying in disbelief and yet so proud. They are at the age when they thought it would be another generation down the line before this would finally happen.

If we had the misfortune of going through 2000 again with Obama leading in the popular vote, but major questions about vote theft in Florida and perhaps Ohio, can you imagine the outpouring of frustration from our minorities who would in thier minds at least have proof that the election was stolen by rich white people?

I know you were not for Obama, but consider that some good can come out of this. Let's hope it does. I would have a real problem with any American who would hope for bad things to happen to America because their candidate didn't win.

I'm a Democrat through and through. But I would rather live in prosperity with a Republican president then in poverty with a Democratic president. I may not be the smartest person on board, but my elevator goes at least close to the top. Close enough not to cut off my nose to spite my face.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well... the conservatives on this forum are not idiots. They are beholden to a particular mindset and subscribe to a particular philosophy. I blame Ayn Rand for everything. And what is my mindset?

I fear that they are gonna have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century though. Do I need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century?

I'm a Republician through and through. But I would rather live in prosperity with a Democratic president then in poverty with a Republicican president. I may not be the smartest person on board, but my elevator goes at least close to the top. Close enough to the top to see above the ignorance of the many. Winks at Freddie23 :awink:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You are on to one of the greatest truths in poltics that is the aibility of candidates and aprties to do exactly the opposite of what they say they are for. Obama will not the first nor will he be the last.

In the 19th centur in Britain,, the Whigs Party was for progressive change. The Tories were for keeping things as they were. In retrsspect, it was when the Tories were in power that the most progressive change took place. The answer given by on of the great Tory leaders was that because he was "against" it, he could more easily make the "conversion" and the rest of course is history.

We have two examples right here in the Clinton and Bush presidencies. do you really beleive tha the great "Clinton Welfare Reform" would have passed without the Republicans. Doubtful. As I recall, Clinton did not have a majority of his own party with him on that one.

George Bush. Nearly every economist I have heard quoted said that we had to have the "bail out" as awful as I hate having to do it. So George Bush rounded up the Republican troops and passed it. Quite contrary, it was the Democrats that passed this legislation. There were so many Republicans agaisnt it that it took two votes and even then it was close.

Here I agree but with a condition. There are those like you & I that know this clearly and react accordingly but there are legions of ObamaBots out there that do not. Right here on this board the denial is rampant, so much so that the Bots cannot even discuss reality if it’s shoved in front of their faces and this board is only a very small window of that reality. The religious type fever is sickening. The consistent denial & idiocy behind it is scary.

What you haven't considered is that Obama may be able to mkae real change on the left side that needs changing that no Republican could hope to achieve. Obama came from humble beginings at a time when a half black and half white child wasn't accepted as they are today. Yet, Obama not only has a law degree from Harvard but a four point law degree. The man may not be right, but no one can argue that he is brilliant.

Obama making real change on the left is possible but not probable. This will most likely be Washington as usual and even the left will turn on him like George Bush told him after he first arrived…

First Bush-Obama Meeting: Hard Feelings and Hand Sanitizer - FOXNews.com Elections

Empathy for growing up in an intolerant world and book smarts I will give him, but that doesn’t qualify him for President nor does his virtually nonexistent resume. The religious fever that put this in the White House over a qualified candidate is my concern and a qualified candidate would include Hillary.

Obama can look at the faces of our African-American boys in elementary and high school and tell them, "You can do it. You can make it!" There is a chance many of them will believe it and do it. Do you really believe that McCain saying the same thing is going to have the same effect?
Have you seen the statistics? The percent of African-American young males incarcerated in American prisons? The statistics are alarming. I don't remember the percent. I just remember it is staggering to even think about. Just the election of Obama may make a major change in the image thus the achievement of our African-American young males.

Think about the election. I watched as African-Americans were moved to tears at the election of Obama. I have a special love for older people. Watching those older African-Americans who remember when they couldn't vote, use a public restroom, eat at most restaurants for a large portion of their lives, crying in disbelief and yet so proud. They are at the age when they thought it would be another generation down the line before this would finally happen.

This is a nonissue (except we share a great passion for older people and I have since I was very young where I spent most of my time with them over peers for obvious reasons like their candor, confidence and great wisdom).

I don’t see where African Americans or any other minority lack examples of achievers nor do they need one as President to vindicate themselves. The problem with non-achievers is they are non-achievers.

I agree with you hate has done great harm but do not think a President with a 20 year history of loving the hate-monger known as Reverend Wright is the answer for change here and instead see him for what he is as being a great supporter of hate that only disavowed after his pastor, “advisor, good friend, mentor” and polarizing figure extraordinaire after he was exposed to the public. The 20 year history prior, besides being his pastor, advisor, good friend and mentor, he also appointed that sick “whitey invented AIDS to kill people of color” trash to a leadership committee.

Book smart he may be, common sense or even remotely rational thinking it’s not, especially those who completely overlook this modern day complete-lack-of-good-judgment and vote for him with little else on his resume.

If we had the misfortune of going through 2000 again with Obama leading in the popular vote, but major questions about vote theft in Florida and perhaps Ohio, can you imagine the outpouring of frustration from our minorities who would in thier minds at least have proof that the election was stolen by rich white people?

I do believe blood would run in the streets had he lost but I take a world view here in that collateral damage is the least of my concerns. A leader that has a resume of leadership, doesn’t make rash-kneejerk decisions and garners the respect of evil powers around the world impresses me, both traits which I have not seen in him.

I know you were not for Obama, but consider that some good can come out of this. Let's hope it does. I would have a real problem with any American who would hope for bad things to happen to America because their candidate didn't win.
I'm a Democrat through and through. But I would rather live in prosperity with a Republican president then in poverty with a Democratic president. I may not be the smartest person on board, but my elevator goes at least close to the top. Close enough not to cut off my nose to spite my face.

I of course wish him the best at everything good for the country and the world except taking more of my money. I’m just not one that holds religious faith hoping he will do the right thing as I need proof and so far his lack of resume and those who voted for it are frightening.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If Obama's approval rating is above 40% by the end of 09', I'll never write another word on this site.

Regardless, I think 47% is a pretty telling referendum on the American public's tiredness. It's been a year Obama. Nothing's happened of your individual doing, other than an attempt at health care reform. And you're following in Bush's footsteps with the Afghani troop surge. DO something already. The time for hollow pretty rhetoric ended the day you won the presidency in the midst of crisis. And yet that's really all we've gotten. That and unparalleled government spending.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Now we all wait with baited breath for the return of the numerical nutjob and another one of its rabid posts about how liberals are destroying America, completely contradicting its own rhetoric and exposing itself as a liar and a hypocrite.

Then again, we all know that the entity only known by a zip code is already these things... but we could always use a casual reminder.:biggrin:

Last edited:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But the question is: Will his magic, his power, be strong enough to cleanse LPSG of the lunatic nutcases who lurk around the corners, seeking someone to devour, seeking some unsuspecting face they can throw up on, to relieve themselves of all that hateful, hidden spleen that keeps them going?

NOPE

The defining thing about idiots is their lack of sense. They will hate the right today and then the left when they think it suits them...and they often wear odd socks...:biggrin1:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
gee! what colour is the lib sky?

For starters, some supporters, such as Democratic liberal activists, are losing faith and believe Obama and Congress have fallen far short on delivering on a progressive agenda. They are unlikely to be the same political force in 2010 as they were in 2008.
In addition, and though it may have been helped by the federal stimulus package, unemployment still hovers around 10%. Banks are still being stingy with credit, and too many people see the nation in a continued economic spiral. Obama's policies have done little to restore confidence in public institutions, notably government and big business. Instead, voters across the political spectrum perceive a deck stacked against the average person.

Obama's Unappreciated First Year - Forbes.com

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1948679,00.html

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/12/18/bad-news-poll-week-for-obama-but-hey-things-could-be-worse/