B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
jjkrkwood said:
The operative word here is FEW

I hear much of what you're saying.

...ah but for those precious few it makes all the others fade away to the relegation of a dim unpleasant memory. It becomes jj simply at matter of where one wants to dwell I suspect.

I do not suggest for one moment that I don't know what you're talking about or share your frustration in that "larger conversation" for one moment. It's just that after a time it simply feels SO GOOD to stop banging one's head against that wall. ... especially so when, in the end, it's only you to whom you're accountable.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To Both Stronzo and Nudeyorker, what EVERYONE needs to realize is that life is about "judgement". You are basically judged every minute of every day of your life by people who have there own opinions about things. In an IDEAL world, there would be no judgements, but come on, lets face it, LIFE IS JUDGEMENT, as wrong and unjust as it may seem. And Yes, judgements can be made without knowing the whole story or all the facts, or without knowing the person at all. BUT it is done and will always be that way. And in public forums such as this, where people are invited to give their opinions, I find it surprising and Funny that when they do, people take them to task for it. Everyone needs to lighten up and realize all people have a right and voice to express themselves. When they do, you can either agree or disagree. "If you cant stand the heat, get out of the fire"... But bottom line, we need to respect everyones right to a voice.

What you are saying is absolutely true life is about judgement, but I have taken myself out of the fray and the only person I judge and hold to higher standards is myself. As you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What you are saying is absolutely true life is about judgement, but I have taken myself out of the fray and the only person I judge and hold to higher standards is myself. As you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine.

Nude, there is certainly NO fray, and my comments were not pointed at anyone, merely a reply to a post. As I dont know any on you really, who am I to make personal commentary. My comments were maid soley in very BROAD terms.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nude, there is certainly NO fray, and my comments were not pointed at anyone, merely a reply to a post. As I dont know any on you really, who am I to make personal commentary. My comments were maid soley in very BROAD terms.

I understood that completely...and my comments were not personal but stated in general terms. I'm sorry for the miscommunication. It was not directed to you or anyone in particular.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I understood that completely...and my comments were not personal but stated in general terms. I'm sorry for the miscommunication. It was not directed to you or anyone in particular.

Golly, the next meet-n-greet should be REALLY interesting. I am wearing my bullet-proof vest :chairshot:

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The best example I can think of, of a rocker who still seems to look at home doing what they always did is Tina Turner. She gradually toned down her look and moves to suit her age and has some how managed to pull it off.

This is in reply to the Rod Stewart stuff.