If all guys masturbate, why are we so worried about being caught?

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Let's admit it, we all do it from puberty. I guess my dad must have done, and my mum must have known, so why do we all try to concel the fact?

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are things we do in public and things we do in private. Think about it. Just because we you pick your nose, take a crap, pose in the mirror, sniff the armpit of your shirt, do you really want to be seen doing it?

I tell my sons that that it's normal to masturbate but to keep it under cover - and don't hog the bathroom.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Why do we conceal it? Um... maybe it's because it's a very private and very intimate thing we guys do with ourselves that is no one's business but ours. Some things are just left better unsaid and unseen. Get it?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why do we conceal it? Um... maybe it's because it's a very private and very intimate thing we guys do with ourselves that is no one's business but ours. Some things are just left better unsaid and unseen. Get it?

I can agree with this response as one point of view.

But the second thing that comes to mind is that we were taught it's wrong. Or we were at least taught that if you're gonna do it, you don't need to let people know about it.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I can agree with this response as one point of view.

But the second thing that comes to mind is that we were taught it's wrong. Or we were at least taught that if you're gonna do it, you don't need to let people know about it.

Yup... I agree with that as well. :smile:

B_Marcus50

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let's admit it, we all do it from puberty. I guess my dad must have done, and my mum must have known, so why do we all try to concel the fact?

All women do it as well, and they try to hide the fact that they do it. I guess people hide it because it's considered a private thing.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
majority of men and women are ashamed of masturbation
because of this "idea" that there is a "normal"

normal people do not succumb to that,
they do the dishes...have a bbq...make some money...read a book,
sex is there to procreate and is fun but in no way is it meant to
be used as a drug.

once you do that you have a neurosis,you are sick in the eyes of the community.
(this is slowly changing,and it's residual effect still lurks)

this "normal" way of life,is very very anti-sexual,anti-spiritual,anti-truth.
it's roots lie in basic fundamental psychology,which has infiltrated all modern schools of thought...including art.

this is where censors dabble in our affairs.
keeping us more and more sheltered from cosmic cause.

it is very pro,christian,consumption,patriarchy,materialism,etc.

there is no time to love yourself in this world,
if you take that time you are a selfish disgusting soul,
this stems from more materialistic values...

we are being pressured to buy houses,to marry people we don't love
all to equate to this materialistic way of life that we do not want anyway.
we want to be loved and to love...nothing to do with a paycheck.

they got us belieiving we can only do "love" with an escalade and a house
and annual dimaond rings for the wifey.

jacking off is just pathetic when you look at life through the materialistic
viewpoint.

you do that and some other guy might bring your girl a diamond and
you have lost her forever.
you should work not jack off.

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
I don't conceal the fact that I do masturbate and don't see a good reason to either. But I don't have a good explanation as to why I try to conceal the actual (physical) activity. Let's hear it from more of you guys who perhaps are better at putting their feelings into words.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I seem to get caught so many times, and its because I am deaf without my hearing aid on, and I don't wear them if I am going to sweat, working out or running, and masturbation.

I always hear this dude, "I knock on your door several times", and "I always say dude, did you get a fucking response?"

I wish I could live alone, but I like the security of having room mates, in case of fire.

I really should just get a dog.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think that it is basically our puritanical ancestral backgrounds. I was never caught or told it was right or wrong, but learned from my peers at about 11 years old that you were bad or a looser if you jerked off. Everyone, including me, denied it but, of course, everyone was doing it. It was my obsessive dirty little secret.
Looking even further back, ejaculation through sexual intercourse as a necessary part of procreation vs. "wasting" semen through masturbation was probably discouraged from a survivalist point if view for eons.

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We don't ALL do it.

And some of us just aren't sexual beings and don't want to be perceived as such or don't want to be judged if we already have a certain perception of ourselves that we have put out there or that is naturally out there.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because it's sexual and sexual; things are supposed to be done in private. :rolleyes: :duh: Just because all men do it doesn't mean we want to watch you pleasure yourself all the time. All men poop, too. I don't want to see that either. :cool:

Contrary to popular belief on this site, sex as a spectator sport is not the norm in most of the world.

Just to be clear: I think masturbation is normal, but the need to have an audience for it may be a fetish.

Last edited:

D_Purlie W Papules

Account Disabled
Media
I live alone, so the only audience I ever get is my cat, who likes to lay on the bed and stare at me while I'm jacking off, which sometimes creeps me out.

I'm not worried about being caught, and if one of my close friends asks me what I did last night, I have no problem telling them I had some fun times with myself.

I wouldn't call up my mother and tell her those sorts of things, but I'm not ashamed to admit it to some friends.