If all guys masturbate, why are we so worried about being caught?

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have met a couple of men who did not,,, and I believe them,,, they were dedicated bookworms. And some women grow up very protected.... and do not do it. These are rare.
We all have levels of actions,,,, secret, private and public. I am married and have children, meaning I have sex with my wife,, its no secret.... but it is private and I do not talk about it.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
jacking off is just pathetic when you look at life through the materialistic viewpoint.
Interesting. Things I had not thought of before. People in the developed world are fortunate to have privacy for such things. I wonder what the situation is in parts of Africa and India. May not be as private there. Even China. I suppose people manage to find moments of privacy.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I like to use the toilet without an audience too. And I do NOt want to pick my nose for an audience. Masturbation is not a show to me. It is something I do for myself and I don't want to share it with just anyone.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my first psychology class....the teacher...who was also an ordained minister was hilarious about the human sexuality issue. He starts off the class ...first DAY... and says...ok I'm going to ask a question, of course this was after he introduced himself and told his background, and he said... OK, I want to know how many of you masterbate. Me and two others raised our hands. He laughed and said, thanks for being honest, the rest of you are LIARS! HAHAHAHAHA!!! He said...Hell, I do it all the time myself! The class was in shock! It's natural, but how you choose to do it is VERY random and personal. :)

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
This is a surprisingly interesting thread! I agree that masturbation is just better when it's private ... but it would be cool if we could be more open in talking about it.

If you were hanging around with friends, they would be have to be VERY good friends for you to say, "I'm gonna go back to my room and jerk off. See you in a few."

You can't really tell people at work, "instead of going out to eat at lunchtime, I'm gonna stay in my office and jerk off, so please don't disturb me for a while."

And what if you could go to a drive-in masturbatorium? Pull the car in to the parking slip, watch the adult movie of your choice, jerk off, clean up using the moist towelettes offered by the automated attendant, and get on with your day.

I love jerking off, and part of what I like is it's usually by myself, indulging in a little quality "me" time. It would be cool if we could be more open about something that feels so good!

Last edited:

ryan25yo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Let's admit it, we all do it from puberty. I guess my dad must have done, and my mum must have known, so why do we all try to concel the fact?
You know..........i've thought about that myself. I agree that most, if not all guys jerk off, myself included. i think it's the fact that from our earliest days, we were "taught" (in one way or another) that sex was something very private and, at least slightly, suspect! it wasn't until college and particularly being in a fraternity, that i learned not to be so self-concious about jerking off. after the first time with the other pledges hammered and boned.....i very quickly lost the inhibitions. when ur with other guys who are open about it, it really does change you. in no time at all, the roomie and i decided that hiding the stroking was just too muc trouble and we did it openly. btw....he's now a minister. go figure! lol

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People are just afraid of embarrassment. When two girls asked me, I told them. Predictably, they covered their mouths and chuckled. My male friend told me I wasn't supposed to tell them. I just say "Pfft, like they didn't know already." At least I kept those two girls entertained. I'm still friends with one of them.

Societal attitudes play a big factor. I think the only people I cannot talk with is my parents. And I honestly have to say its because it would definitely be weird experience. It would be weird with friends too but It will keep the conversation with them because after all we're just guys. Think about this, if I admit to masturbating amongst my friends I will only be embarrassed that one time. But if all my friends or strangers keep talking about masturbating multiple times with me lying about it, I will be embarrassed every time.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i've had 2 friends tell me that they never masturbate...I really don't believe them...

i don't generally broadcast that i do it, but there are a couple of buddies who i have actually told...

however none have witnessed it...although one did try to encourage me to rub one out while i was at his house...but i didn't do it...

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you like people catching you taking a crap in the woods? I think like defecating, masterbation leaves you in a particularly vulnerable position, helpless to defend yourself. I believe instinctually we like to do it out of the public realm hidden from surprise attacks.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmmm. Masturbation being compared with defecating and nose picking?

I wonder what Fried, I mean, Freud would say about that?!

(No office, Earl and others) I just think it's a funny comparison.

Cardinal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I feel vulnerable when I'm jacking off - and maybe there's some residual catholic guilt mixed in there. no matter the reason, it just feels private. if my girl (or anyone) walks in on me it doesn't feel good. but if I'm jerking off FOR a partner as a part of having sex, that's a different story. I find that exciting.