If God

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

A REAL miracle cure would be growing a new arm or leg... Your Almighty God can't seem to pull that one off...

Not true!

Let me relate to you a true story.

A few years ago our local homeless character, Eddie, was fit to be tied. Eddie has been supposedly at the grim reaper's door for a decade. Constantly being chewed up by one ailment after another.

All is not bad though-a few years ago, his Uncle died and left him a lovely home down on the Jersey shore. All Eddie needed was about a hundred dollars in train fare to get there. He disappeared for 24 hours and then returned, said the house was too big. He never sold the house as far as we know.

Well, back to your miracle. A few years ago Eddie appeared one day in his usual manner, angry, run down etc. etc. He was in 'bad bad pain' as he put it. In fact, 'really bad'. Probably wouldn't live to see Springtime. He needed another fifty dollars to get his medicine. And maybe another fifty to stay in a flophouse hotel for the night.

A few days later he appeared and claimed his arm had been cut off just above the elbow. He seemed that way for over a year. Every time you saw him, he had only one arm. He rode a bicycle, picked up trash tossed items which he could sell for cash, and did all the other things, all with one arm-and a bit of a terrible sized growth under his shirt.

Then one day late last winter (early March of '07) he came down the block and had two arms! His arm had indeed grown back! It was like a miracle! So, you see Phil, God does indeed perform these types of miracles.

(and don't give me some obvious answer like the arm was that huge growth under his shirt all that time and that the doctors never cut off his arm so it didn't need to grow back-I know what I saw!)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Has the idea that the Allmighty might have more important issues to deal with ever crossed your mind?

I think that the Almighty being that He's omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent...he can multitask. If Man has willpower...so does God.
That is fair.

There are things you have control over and things that you do not. There are things that God has control over and some things He doesn't.

Everyone has their crosses to bear.

martinez5

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
not everyone puts the penis on this list of the one thing that must be perfect.

everyone else has different qualities and if you're aiming at fairness i'm sure the well endowed people are lacking elsewhere in their being.

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
No... give me just ONE demonstrable example of almighty God actually DOING something more important...

You are alive, you have hands to type and a head to think. You have the time to be on line.

Ain't it enough? From a believer's prespective it is. If you do not believe, nothing wrong with it, you are totally free. But please, please don't mess with stereotyped sentences and pre fabricated thoughts, I don't find it annoying, but rather boring.

D_Cavernus Manhole

Just Browsing
Media
The fact that you actually capitalized his name showing that you believe in him even though you show little or no faith by your comments is "one example of God getting involved in something more important....you!"

God is not here to be our holy tit and answer every little prayer you ask for like a spoiled little child. The word never says life is going to be fair or easy. How do you think you character, morals and ethics get built, it's by going through trials and believing God will get you through those times. I used to doubt like you did but the closer I pressed in to God and the more I followed in Jesus Christs footsteps the more I began to see and hear from the Lord. He's not going to come kick down your door, he has nothing to prove to you. Its YOUR job to seek him and then your eyes will become open and you'll see the splendure of everything he is doing.

If really want to see everything your asking for don't go to man for answers, go to God! Ask him to show you everything and he will, just get ready for him to change your life though. Come on in the water is cool and refreshing!!

Um like, say, answering the prayers of hundreds of folks on those planes on 9/11?
Oh... sorry, he answered the terrorist's prayers, instead...

So you are suggesting that God has a "time crunch"... is a little overworked by all the miracles he is not performing and prayers he is not answering?
The trouble with omnipotence and omnipresence is that, when it comes to juggling his schedule, God ought to be able to keep an infinite number of balls in the air without the slightest effort.

So...if you imagine God is busy with more important stuff... please, give just one example of God getting involved in something more important.

One example where God clearly got his hands dirty....

And don't tell me about miracle cures and other nonsense... because the only miracles cures any religious idiot points to are afflictions people have been known to recover from, without any intervention at all.

A REAL miracle cure would be growing a new arm or leg... Your Almighty God can't seem to pull that one off...

And don't try and use some person who survived a tragedy because of their prayers... you have no evidence that those who did not survive did not pray just as hard... were not just a good... and no evidence that the person would not have survived if not for the prayers...

No... give me just ONE demonstrable example of almighty God actually DOING something more important...