If I Had My Druthers...

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Get it vulgar, if you wish ... but get it right.
Here's my best guess:

Brad Pitt - under 50 posts *
Dean Phoenix - 50-99 posts *
Jeff Stryker - 100-499 posts **
Ron Jeremy - 500-999 posts
John Holmes - 1000-1999 posts
Mandingo - 2000+ posts

* Order could be reversed. Data unavailable.
** Impressive exactitude of spelling.

I fully empathize that Mister Mandingo is more colossal than Mister John Holmes. I disputify the vulgaritudness of this this penile forum annunciation, of the people for the people and by the people. Do not send for who the bell tolls 'cause the bell tolls for thee.

That was my best Don Kingese.

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fixed it for ya! LOL!

Here's my best guess:

Brad Pitt - under 50 posts *
Dean Phoenix - 50-99 posts *
Ron Jeremy - 100-499 posts **
Jeff Stryker- 500-999 posts
John Holmes - 1000-1999 posts
QUERCUSONE - 2000+ posts
So I wouldn't be Quercusone until I had 2000 posts?? I Jack therefore I am Q.......not Jack.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
- When people are banned, they always seem to come back with a new alias. Banning members encourages multiple accounts.
Actually if the mods would tell people why they were banned perhaps they wouldn't bother coming back and behaving just as badly as they had before. The ones who stick out in my mind are 'Onion" and more recently 'Goddess38DD'
- It doesn't seem all that horrible if somebody has more than one virtual identity on this site, but within reason. I have about 6 email accounts, all for different purposes, for example.
I have 4 e-mail accounts which serve different purposes, however I am the same person in all of them. My issue with multiple accounts is that the people who do this are intentionally deceiving the members.

Perhaps as a man you have not had the embarassment and humiliation of chatting with someone who said they were interested and available only to find out later they were married. IMO - Multiple accounts encourages this despicable behavior.
- Sometimes members change accounts rather than just changing their usernames. In this case, they need two accounts during this transition.

You don't remember it from last fall? You could give rep points to members who you thought contributed positively to the site. I think that it worked because members like DC, SP, NIC, yourself, and, ahem, myself, had high rep points.... members like Lafever and Arliss did not. It worked.
It did not work, it was never explained properly which is a big bone of contention I have with Rob_E. He almost never explains a major site change until a thread has been started and 100 people ask WTF is going on? In addition I hated it because I felt I should have had higher rep points and did not. :mad: :tongue: Seriously I had been here a year and Osiris like 2 months and he had more rep points than I did :wtf2:

If you were going to review a movie, book, etc, and you want to hide the spoiler section, you can do it easily by placing it a
block.
Is this a real problem?

Re-allow images in sigs. :3 Had them for about a week in my membership.
No, absolutely not. They take up way to much space. If you want to share pics do it in your gallery or start a blog.

These are some changes that I'd make to this site:
  • Cliquey veterans (yes you!) welcome more new members, especially if their 'welcome' post is informative and hopeful.
  • The moderators simply moderate less, only closing threads or banning members if it involves something illegal or clearly disrupts discussions (as per the TOS).[/QUOTE]
Ahh, the TOS, which has been misinterpreted so many times it's not funny. I'd like to see NoTolerance for homophobia, misogyny, racism, or incest added to the TOS. I know it's 'just the internet' but that does not mean the lowest common denominator of society should be given free reign here.
Dude, I have been wearing that sucker out! Especially with the recent influx of homophobes and trolls.
  • Nude avatars are allowed. This is the Internet, you run into nudity all the time. Non-members can't see avatars anyway.
I'd like this to stay as is. There are many people who have no gallery and still others that I would prefer not to see nude. I'm sure most gay men don't want to see an avatar of my pussy no matter how nice I may think it is. :cool:
  • Multiple accounts, say up to three, are allowed, so long as you keep a "primary" account.
Why? To what end? Deceipt? Deception? To play mind games with the members on different threads? NO!
ABSOLUTELY! This should have been made mandatory years ago.
No, it didn't :confused:lafever joined around that time and Arliss didn't stop posting.
I'd like to see this site a bit less reliant on moderators, but still not completely without some government.
I disagree. I think the site was better managed when it had more moderators.:cool:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
*gives simcha a double wedgy*

I have no doubt that many people with high rep points were part of the 'inner sanctum', but that doesn't mean the points weren't earned. The people that I mentioned, and others with many points, had a good community reputation. Didn't you have a fair number of rep points, Simcha? Were they not earned?

Ouch! :eek:

Yes I had a fair number of points. I don't care about that. I thought that some others who were great contributors got stiffed and not in a good way. I hate popularity contests. I detest them. Even if I win. I was Junior Homecoming Representative and I hated it...:redface:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Ahh, the TOS, which has been misinterpreted so many times it's not funny. I'd like to see NoTolerance for homophobia, misogyny, racism, or incest added to the TOS. I know it's 'just the internet' but that does not mean the lowest common denominator of society should be given free reign here.

And who gets to decide where the line gets drawn for what is homophobia, misogyny, racism, etc.? You? Me? Gillette? Freddie? Rob_E? Symphonic?

We are all going to have different opinons of what is too far. Someone got upset in a thread the other day because a member used the word 'nigger' to illustrate a point (she wasn't addressing anyone - she just said something like 'like calling someone a nigger') but then in another thread yesterday myself and another couple of members had a long discussion about the word 'nigger' with multiple repeats and similar examples - no one seemed upset by it. We all have different threasholds, some people are much more sensitive in what they see as a homophobic, misogynistic or racist comment. And what about misandry? Why should misogyny be on the zero tollerence list and misandry not? What about ageism? Discrimination against disabled people?

There is already a provison in the ToS for harassment and hateful posting. Each case has to be taken in context and that and the variety of possible offences makes zero tollerance to anything virtually impossible.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I understand your point MB but speaking as one who has been the target of incredibly vitriolic racism and misogyny on this site more than any other upon which I post I stand by my initial statement.

And who gets to decide where the line gets drawn for what is homophobia, misogyny, racism, etc.? You? Me? Gillette? Freddie? Rob_E? Symphonic?
It seems that if Rob_E does not want that responsibility then there should be a consistent consensusamong the mods.

We are all going to have different opinons of what is too far.

My dad was the Deputy, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer for a local Navy base for over 20 years. Traditionally, and legally the line is drawn by the person offended.
Someone got upset in a thread the other day because a member used the word 'nigger' to illustrate a point (she wasn't addressing anyone - she just said something like 'like calling someone a nigger') but then in another thread yesterday myself and another couple of members had a long discussion about the word 'nigger' with multiple repeats and similar examples - no one seemed upset by it.
I saw that thread and was bothered; but not angered by the way nigger and bitch were bandied about as if they were apples and oranges. I opted not to post in that thread because most of the people involved in that particular discussion weren't even black. :rolleyes:

We all have different thresholds, some people are much more sensitive in what they see as a homophobic, misogynistic or racist comment. And what about misandry? Why should misogyny be on the zero tollerence list and misandry not?
This site is 95% male I don't read every thread; but in the 1.5 years I have been a member here, I have yet to see an instance of true misandry.

What about ageism? Discrimination against disabled people?
If you want to go there sure, why not. I have gay and bi-guys PM me at least twice a week because some rude twink refused to chat after he revealed his age was over 30. :frown1:

There is already a provison in the ToS for harassment and hateful posting.
Given the amount of harassment and hateful posting that has gone on here in recent months, I can honestly say I had forgotten that was part of the TOS. :frown1:

Each case has to be taken in context and that and the variety of possible offences makes zero tolerance to anything virtually impossible.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
My dad was the Deputy, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer for a local Navy base for over 20 years. Traditionally, and legally the line is drawn by the person offended.

That's really going to work on an internet forum, isn't it? There would be the mods and about 4 members left unbanned by the end of a fortnight if you say that the offended person gets to dictate that the line was crossed and an automatic ban is issued by the mods. Holy fuck!

I saw that thread and was bothered; but not angered by the way nigger and bitch were bandied about as if they were apples and oranges. I opted not to post in that thread because most of the people involved in that particular discussion weren't even black. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realise my opinions counted for less because I'm white.

Silly me.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Please, please, please, please bring back the Reputation Points system.

With all of the awful sanctimonious trolls and vigilante wackos on this site, I think that rep points will help everyone weed out the nut jobs and douchebags.

Please!

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

Please, please, please, please bring back the Reputation Points system.

With all of the awful sanctimonious trolls and vigilante wackos on this site, I think that rep points will help everyone weed out the nut jobs and douchebags.

Please!

How would this work? If I voted on someone's reputation affirmatively the first time, could I change my vote if I later discovered they were insane? Would this be like the rating system on people's photos..?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How would this work? If I voted on someone's reputation affirmatively the first time, could I change my vote if I later discovered they were insane? Would this be like the rating system on people's photos..?
Agreed. Rep points were a terrible idea. Especially since they were never properly explained, they just appeared out of nowhere.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I was on a hiatus when rep points came in and went out again - but I've been on other sites where they were used and I think, with a coherent explanation as a sticky in a few forums, we should give it another try.