If I Had My Druthers...

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
How would this work? If I voted on someone's reputation affirmatively the first time, could I change my vote if I later discovered they were insane? Would this be like the rating system on people's photos..?
I barely remember now. This is what I recall:

If you thought that somebody was a worthwhile contributer to the forums then you could give them a rep point.

I guess it was that simple. I noticed that good contributers, like Spoiled Princess, NJQT, NIC, No_Strings had very high rep points, while trolls like lafever and Italian1 had low rep points.

I think this makes it easier to weed out the trolls. At the very least, it makes them easier to ignore.

I think that rep points help the mods get a consensus of the member's thoughts. I think that they also--if explained--help the newbies learn who to avoid.

The downside was that some members didn't really understand what the rep points were for and it ended up being somewhat of a popularity contest.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I barely remember now. This is what I recall:

If you thought that somebody was a worthwhile contributer to the forums then you could give them a rep point.

I guess it was that simple. I noticed that good contributers, like Spoiled Princess, NJQT, NIC, No_Strings had very high rep points, while trolls like lafever and Italian1 had low rep points.

I think this makes it easier to weed out the trolls. At the very least, it makes them easier to ignore.

I think that rep points help the mods get a consensus of the member's thoughts. I think that they also--if explained--help the newbies learn who to avoid.

The downside was that some members didn't really understand what the rep points were for and it ended up being somewhat of a popularity contest.
Bingo...that and not everyone here share the same adult sensibilities at times!