If i have sex with a person with AIDS is 100% sure i will get the disease?

Ren69

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is there posibilities that i not going to get it? Or I am condenated to get it??

I dont know too much about diseases and these kind of things, but im afraid of sex diseases, like everyone of us be.

Thank you.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Protection is always a good idea. One story I have recited here is that i once requested a guy use a condom, and he got angry. As if I was accusing him of something. The event was called off, and I felt good about it, even if my lust was misdirected.

I'd rather use my hand than get any kind of disease.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
AIDSHealth

this is a great site to get your learn on. the link takes you directly to the AIDS/HIV information section of the site.

short answer to your question.. which is not an easy question to answer, btw.

if you practice safer sex, condoms used correctly, you could have heaps of sex with a positive partner and never catch a dang thing.

did you ask this question to cause flamage about serodiscordant couples or a big old safe/safer sex debate? or are ya for real and for true looking to educate yaself on the topic?

AIDS Action

Med Library - HIV/AIDS Pathology this site will make you laminate your naught bits. :eek:

HIV InSite - great collection of information on all things HIV related.

Last edited:

Ren69

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry... I didnt said before this, "yes, without any protection"

And yes, im trying to educate myself about the disease and know about safe sex.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
not being trying to be judgey or anything,but i have to ask...are you considering unprotected sex with someone who is HIV positive?

or are you playing percentage/risk hypothetical. :smile:

Ren69

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
not being trying to be judgey or anything,but i have to ask...are you considering unprotected sex with someone who is HIV positive?

or are you playing percentage/risk hypothetical. :smile:

No. Im not trying to do that. I dont know how to explain it, but sometimes the people do sex without know the health status of the other, no one has a card that says your health status and shows in the bed, im just trying to know about about it.

onewatcher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Today, you have to assume that everyone is infected with an STD. It is foolish to believe otherwise. Safe sexual practices are a must. In the hospital, we practice Universal Precautions. That is to say, we treat everyone as if they are potentially carrying a disease. Once you have a long term relationship, you both can get tested, together, and then, only then, let your guard down. That is, if you are sure you both are monogamous! STD's are nothing to fool around with.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
You need to educate yourself very thoroughly about all sexually transmitted diseases. If you use decent safe sex practices then your odds of contracting the HIV Virus is about zero. Also, point of order here and understanding:

One contracts the HIV retrovirus. One does not get exposed to or contract AIDS. AIDS is Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and is marked by the presence of a non-or limited functioning immune system and the presence of numerous marker disease conditions. It takes the presence of these diseases to receive a diagnosis of AIDS. If one tests positive for the HIV virus they are HIV sero-positive meaning that their blood serum shows the presence of the virus.

- - - - -

My friend there are many conditions out there which are far more transmissible than HIV and a few of them are equally fatal. There are several varieties of Hepatitis which are difficult to treat and resistant to all drugs. Syphillis is back strong and there are now varieties which are very resistant to treatment taking as much as a year to clean up.

The rule is that you NEVER have unprotected sex period. The ONLY time that this IS an option is if you are in a committed relationship, both partners not straying outside the relationship for sex AND after you have known the person long enough to build trust for that individual which is a period of time that is not a couple of weeks.

This is one where getting an education pays. For casual sex never trust what the other guy or gal says. A condom is a life saving inconvenience. Make certain that you always have fresh ones and that you do not keep them too long!

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
You need to educate yourself very thoroughly about all sexually transmitted diseases. If you use decent safe sex practices then your odds of contracting the HIV Virus is about zero. Also, point of order here and understanding:

One contracts the HIV retrovirus. One does not get exposed to or contract AIDS. AIDS is Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome and is marked by the presence of a non-or limited functioning immune system and the presence of numerous marker disease conditions. It takes the presence of these diseases to receive a diagnosis of AIDS. If one tests positive for the HIV virus they are HIV sero-positive meaning that their blood serum shows the presence of the virus.

- - - - -

My friend there are many conditions out there which are far more transmissible than HIV and a few of them are equally fatal. There are several varieties of Hepatitis which are difficult to treat and resistant to all drugs. Syphillis is back strong and there are now varieties which are very resistant to treatment taking as much as a year to clean up.

The rule is that you NEVER have unprotected sex period. The ONLY time that this IS an option is if you are in a committed relationship, both partners not straying outside the relationship for sex AND after you have known the person long enough to build trust for that individual which is a period of time that is not a couple of weeks.

This is one where getting an education pays. For casual sex never trust what the other guy or gal says. A condom is a life saving inconvenience. Make certain that you always have fresh ones and that you do not keep them too long!
Thanks for this!

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
No. Im not trying to do that. I dont know how to explain it, but sometimes the people do sex without know the health status of the other, no one has a card that says your health status and shows in the bed, im just trying to know about about it.

In which case always use protection.Sexual health is taught in schools and if you pop into a health centre/family planning clinic they will provide you with condoms (at least they do in England) and pamphlets galore.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Take all the advice and information posted above about protecting yourself.

The straightforward answer is: No. There is not 100% transmission of HIV from person to person by unprotected penetrative sexual intercourse. Just as there is no guarantee that a single act of sexual intercourse will or will not result in pregnancy. Neither risk is worth taking, though.
I wouldn't want to state fixed a %age rate of HIV transmission as it depends on too many factors and is rather unpredictable. Let me say that the risk is no more than 10%. From an isolated act of unprotected intercourse, there is a 90% chance or better that there is no transmission. So, that may prevent someone from panicking if they have had unprotected sex but it still remains too high a risk to take.

Ren69

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Take all the advice and information posted above about protecting yourself.

The straightforward answer is: No. There is not 100% transmission of HIV from person to person by unprotected penetrative sexual intercourse.

Thank you a lot for all your advice.

And thanks Sykray for your answer.
Like many young men i have to many doubts and question about sex and sexual activities, i just hope my questions dont be offensive, but im glad i know this place where i can ask and get answer about many of them :)

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Don't let anyone tell you they're "safe". Personal story. I had sex with a man , hand to hand mutual masturbation, and when I woke up I found he was trying to poke me up the butt. I told him no.

A week later he discovers he's HIV +. He didn't understand my anger, even if we "didn't do that".....

That was years ago. I am still safe sex oriented...

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media

Pretty much every STI, including HIV, Hep C, & herpes can be transmitted by oral sex.

This condom mentality is a bit odd, because I've never met a woman who produced a dental dam for oral sex. If she insists on you wearing a condom, return the favour & insist on a dental dam! LMFAO

It's a lottery if you'll catch anything - there are way too many variables. All you can do is reduce the risk. Fewer partners, no drug users, or drunks either (they all engage isn high risk, due to intoxication), & finally, only have sex with someone you actually like & care for.

Boring, isn't it?

cute5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the more you participate in high risk behavior, the more likely you will get AIDS. Is a few minutes of heavy breathing and meat rubbing worth dying for?

lilkeezy88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont know personally but i wouldnt even try to have sex with a person that has aids just for safety as everybody agrees but if you yourself is going to have sex with somebody who has it then my advise is wear protection proporly

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wow..people REALLY need to read up on the subject before asking questions like this. Educate yourselves before having sex...period. LOL For the record....I know many people in LONG term relationships where one person is pos and the other isn't. They've been together for years and are smart about sex. I'd say you'd have more chances to catch something on a random hook up with someone that has no clue of their status than you would playing safe with a person that is HIV+. OH and for the record...HIV is NOT AIDS. Read a book!

Also, there have been lots of good advice given on this post...and some from people that have no clue. Micky and Ken pretty much said it all.

Last edited:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Guys,

I am married and in a committed monogamous relationship. I have been there for more than a decade now. Prior to that relationship in spite of the fact that I was HIV sero negative I did not hesitate to date any man who was HIV sero-positve. HIV cannot easily be passed on by any means other than stupidity. I come from a medical family and I do completely understand the way that this one works.

The things you really need to worry about the most do not relate to HIV. Right now a female friend in the Palm Springs area is facing a death sentence. She was exposed to and contracted Hepatitis "C" some years ago. Her liver is now shot and in addition the condition weakened her to the point that she has now contracted liver cancer. She has been given about 18-months before her end is somewhat predicted based on the variety of the cancer and it's rate of spread. This young lady is vivacious, beautiful and is about 37 years old.

I hear people rail on and on about HIV when it is some far more common things that will get you now. There are a ton of things which you can get from contact which is far more simple or well meaning than the exchange of body fluids required to transmit the HIV retrovirus.

If you are out there prowling around to save your own life you need to get real, get educated, and even more understand the correct terminology. Until you understand the entire game with HIV you are still not educated. Know what is right and you cannot be mislead!

D

deleted15807

the more you participate in high risk behavior, the more likely you will get AIDS.

You get HIV which can lead to AIDS. You don't 'get' AIDS from someone. In fact there is rare subset of people out there that get HIV but somehow it never progresses to full blown AIDS.