If I Ran The Lpsg.......

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
if like i ran lpsg i would like put my finger on my nose and then like stare at it to make me look all like crossed-eyed and then like i would scare people and then they would never make run on sentences like never ever never and then like i would start a fire

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I ran the LPSG (illusionary, I don't have the time to), I'd set up some clear command and responsibility structures. One or two supervisors, two or three moderators per section, reduce the number of sections. Clear check lists and rules what has to happen, what's allowed, what are criteriums for being banned. Account deletion after too long down-times, or if the account is not being made use of within a certain time span. Clearly no harrassing, no censorship, Avatar nudity allowed within the usual rules.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
ClaireTalon said:
If I ran the LPSG (illusionary, I don't have the time to), I'd set up some clear command and responsibility structures. One or two supervisors, two or three moderators per section, reduce the number of sections. Clear check lists and rules what has to happen, what's allowed, what are criteriums for being banned. Account deletion after too long down-times, or if the account is not being made use of within a certain time span. Clearly no harrassing, no censorship, Avatar nudity allowed within the usual rules.
She said we could have hard-ons! Goody goody!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I feel like the fewer rules the better. Keep It Simple Stupid

I don't think we need committees of moderators or we'll have essentially another board within the board that will have trouble coming to agreement on the most mundane subjects. We'll end up designing horses that look like camels.

Every newbie should be welcomed warmly. As one member mentioned recently, he fondly remembers the first person who acknowedged him when he first came to the board. For years now LPSG has been a nice place to be when on the internet and we should make sure it stays that way.

Lurkers are out there (insert weird music here). We should periodically acknowledge them, too, and invite them to participate. Do you hear that, lurkers?

Trolls, snerts or just plain bad people should be handled with patience. Only after our efforts to encourage them have obviously failed should they be suspended or banned.

Profiles should be filled out but only as much as each individual feels comfortable. Some may be okay with entering their birthdate while others may only want to enter their age - but one or the other should be a requirement of membership.

Finally, I'm selling candy bars for my grandson's soccer team. Every member should be required to buy one.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pecker,

I really do wish you would be one of the moderators. You have such good common sense and are so gracious. I agree 100% with what you just said. I hope we can see a new era of a bit more kindness to one another.

Naughty

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lilybean said:
How can we tell how many lurkers there are?

Love,
Lurker until Last Night
Go to "Quick Links" and then "Who's Online", and all the pages of Guests at the end (often double the number of logged-in members at peak times) are lurky lurkers.
The total number of logged-in members and guests is also shown on the gray bar at the top of that section.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see section moderators as a good way to bring some competence into the discussions. If someone can warm himself for one particular topic, and thinks he's fit enough to deal with the question of the board members, he qualifies as a moderator in my eyes. It'd be a good thing to have someone who sees through the threads and monitors them for everyone playing by the rules.

I agree with the concept of as little rules as possible, but the rules that we set up must be played by. And as far as it concerns lurkers, I don't have much feelings for them. The board can be viewed completely with a guest status, except for the galleries, joining isn't needed. I came here as a guest for weeks before I joined. So, if someone joins, he should do so with the intention of posting.

royston

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if i ran lpsg.....................it would be a pile of shit..................so all you mofo's that say rob is doing a bad job are being fuk harsh coz i doubt many of you could do a better job...................unfortunately, all those who keep having ago at all the newbies will have to take a back deat for a while because they have as much right to be here as anyone else............this site would be easily improved immeasurably by the addition of a running film of top gun in the top right of the screen which we could sit back and enjoy with sum vintage aviators and leather bomber jack..quets!!

love royston x