If Iraqis could vote it would be for McCain

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Gee, even the Iraqis are on the NObama wagon … too bad the liberals here cannot see the forest for the trees!

US election: If Iraqis could vote it would be for McCain

For five years Ali and Mohammed have lived alongside US soldiers in their Baghdad neighbourhood near Rasheed Street, a prominent commercial artery running through the heart of the Iraqi capital.

During that time American culture and politics have become familiar to them, and they say that if they could, they would vote for Republican candidate John McCain in next week's US presidential election.

"McCain would be best for Iraq because he would ensure stability," said Ali, 66, an expert on the Sumerian era.

The personal qualities and political platforms of McCain and his Democrat rival Barack Obama are of little import to Ali, however. His focus is on Iraq and its neighbours such as Iran.

"The Iranians believe that if Obama is elected he will not take action against them despite their nuclear ambitions. That worries me," said Ali, sitting on an old bench in Al-Zahawi coffee shop.

"If the Iranians get the bomb they will become the Tarzan of the region," said the former teacher and lecturer at the University of Baghdad, referring to the vine-swinging strongman of the jungle in old Hollywood movies.

Mohammed, also a professor at the university, said he too preferred McCain "because Obama supports a rapid withdrawal of US troops."

"Our army is still too weak and Turkey and Iran are threats. Iran's President (Mahmoud) Ahmadinejad has warned Iran would fill the void left when US troops depart," he said.

Rasheed Street with its 1920s-style buildings is still closed to vehicles, and groups of anti-Al-Qaeda fighters guard the stretch that runs north to south.

The street was the scene of major attacks by insurgents after the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime in 2003 to US-led invading forces. But even before that many business establishments had begun to move away from the thoroughfare.

Today, a few hundred metres (yards) from Al-Zahawi coffee shop, is the famous Al-Mutnabi books market, the only place where Baghdadis can find English books and magazines.

Booksellers display a range of computer publications, periodicals, works of fiction and school textbooks on wooden shelves.

Barack Obama's image peers out between two editions of "Vanity Fair" magazine kept next to the memoirs of former US president Bill Clinton.

But "The Audacity of Hope," one of Obama's books, has yet to find a buyer.

"I have no customer for this book. Iraqis are interested in the campaign, but they prefer to read texts translated into Arabic," said bookseller Shallan Zaidan.

Such Arabic versions, translated and published by Lebanese companies, include "My Year in Iraq" by Paul Bremer, the former US administrator of Iraq, and "Bush at War" by renowned investigative journalist Bob Woodward.

But there are no translations of books on the two candidates bidding to enter the White House.

Iraqis prefer instead to rely on the latest issues of weekly news publications such as Time and Newsweek, said government official Whamith Shadhan, who was browsing through second-hand books and magazines.

"I trust the Republicans more. They're more capable of establishing democracy in the world, especially in Arab countries," said the 33-year-old. "Obama is far too left."

Since the invasion more than five years ago, the Mutanabi market has been twice hit by bombs. The area is predominantly Sunni, and judging by some graffiti on the walls Al-Qaeda is never far away.

"The insurgents aren't bothered by political books sold on the street. They focus on religious ones," said Yasser Ali, an Obama supporter and seller of books for 22 years.

Obama "interrupted his campaign to visit his sick grandmother. That speaks volumes about the man," he said.

Back on Rasheed Street itself, Abu Ahmed waited at a men's hairdresser as his friend got a shave.

"We accept black people more readily in the Middle East. We feel closer to them. We have common sufferings," said the long-time sports coach. "It would be nice if the Americans elected a black person. And Obama seems less inclined to engage in another war."

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
And this is pertinent because?

It's pertinent because it's one of the only websites he can find that would support his ridiculous comments. The fact that Iraq is now demanding the US to be out of their country in 2 years is more proof that they would never vote for a candidate that would insist on being in their country for 100 years if necessary.

Sometimes I wish we elitists in the Blue States never introduced the internet to conservatives.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's pertinent because it's one of the only websites he can find that would support his ridiculous comments. The fact that Iraq is now demanding the US to be out of their country in 2 years is more proof that they would never vote for a candidate that would insist on being in their country for 100 years if necessary.

Sometimes I wish we elitists in the Blue States never introduced the internet to conservatives.

im with you on this one but i do wonder how he is so informed on his issues as his candidate has admitted that he cant use the INTERNET to send emails. so we can only hope that the red war button is hooked to the INTERNET that way when his so called pres, material wont be able to push it when he gets mad when Sarah wont give him any on the side. im so sick of hearing from some of this republican shit that is getting told and retold. it is obvious they have run out of something to say so now they are repeating it for the umpteenth time. its a good thing the democrats are very tolerant other wise there would be a lot of undertaker's being called if you know what i mean here.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

QFT! FWIW: Iraqi's endorsing McCain is not what I consider a good thing. It's just proof McCain is evil and not to be trusted.:cool:

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
lol this is hillarious! Of course they would vote for a man that was a cheerleader for the invasion that killed over 100.000 Iraquis! Duh!

Keep it up Trinity part 2....4 more days to go.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Because it shows just how clueless NObama is on world affairs just like many other links I have provided show his seriously lacking on other things.

It will be a lot cheaper to stay and finish the job then it will be to return after Iran and/or like ilk works their way in. :wink:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Look, nobody is more clueless than Palin- and THAT"S who's gonna be in office after McCain croaks from melanoma or stroke.

Obama has something McCain lacks- the intelligence to learn that which he does not already know... and the probity to change his mind if evidence demands a different conclusion.

McCain want's desperately to WIN a hopeless war- he is still carrying the albatross of vietnam.

He will reduce spending in everything that MIGHT help this nation, and increase spending in the ONE area we have PROVEN does not help at all.

Fighting a phantom enemy that doesn't even exist.

And Palin is simply a national embarrassment... as one of your own staunch republican columnists observed... her selection marked a new vulgarization of American politics.

I honestly can't think of a single republican of GOOD reputation for their character who has not flipped to Obama.

And seriously, any Gay man supporting the republican party needs to get some shrink to help them with the self loathing they obviously suffer from.

B_24065

1st Like
Media
lol this is hillarious! Of course they would vote for a man that was a cheerleader for the invasion that killed over 100.000 Iraquis! Duh!

Keep it up Trinity part 2....4 more days to go.

If you are suggesting that the iraqi people share the same sentiment that you do, that is, that the War was a mistake and shouldnt have happened, then you are an out of touch moron. The Iraqi people are overwhelmingly thankful for the invansion, and that Saddam is dead. They just want us to leave soon.

The relevant fact is, Iran CANNOT be allowed to possess the bomb. Iraq, Israel, and many others in the world are very unsure as to how far an Obama administration would go to prevent this. If Obama is elected I pray he does not allow this to happen.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The "job" will never be finished.

Anyone thinks Iraq can be anything but a mafiosi run gangland simply does not understand the country and the sectarian and tribal issues dominating their culture.

No matter when it happen, a US pull out will result in a power struggle that will see the most ruthless take power...

And, Bigg- seriously- Obama can Keep Iran from taking over in TWO ways that do not involve US troops on foreign soil.

Militarily, he can launch crusie missiles and air attacks to keep them out. This tactic WORKED in Iran- its WHY Saddam had NO WMDs- and it worked in Bosnia.

But even better... get this thru your thick skull- the Iranians actually LIKE us. They were one of the few muslim nations that showed genuine sympathy over 9/11.

What they really want is a dialog and trade with us. and they will do whatever we want to get it.

Its not THEIR fault that Bush, thru how he treated North Korea, has shown to the world that HAVING nuclear weapons gets you trade deals with the US... that HAVING nuclear weapons is the only guarantee that the US will NOT attack you.

The tensions in the middle east were MANUFACTURED by the Bush doctrine.

Their agenda is American MILITARY EMPIRE.
Their method is to invent enemies and kill innocents.

A vote for McCain is a vote for murder.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gee, even the Iraqis are on the NObama wagon …

Iraqi's don't have our interest at heart. They just want our money - crew 'em. Since WHEN did a conservative (1BIGG1) care what a foreign country thinks of our government or candidates? You might get back to your ideology, lest you sound like a crybaby...

davec94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why are you arguing with him when he's trying to say that McCain has more experience because an writer found 3 iraqis willing to support him? it's like the worst logic i've ever seen.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why are you arguing with him when he's trying to say that McCain has more experience because an writer found 3 iraqis willing to support him? it's like the worst logic i've ever seen.

But they "always" just find one rogue person to say anything for $0.50. =)

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Chapter 1 said:
No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.
Sura An-Nisa 4:34 said:
the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them

Unsurprising that they endorse a man who called his wife a "trollop" and a "cunt".

Assuming, of course, that the OP has even a vague semblance of legitimacy. :rolleyes:

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Because it shows just how clueless NObama is on world affairs just like many other links I have provided show his seriously lacking on other things.

No it doesn't. Three people gave their opinions, it doesn't prove a thing.

It will be a lot cheaper to stay and finish the job then it will be to return after Iran and/or like ilk works their way in. :wink:
Finish what job? Do you even think before you post talking points?

As I've said before, you have a child's understanding of global politics. Iran is already there, they're not "working their way in".

D

deleted15807

The relevant fact is, Iran CANNOT be allowed to possess the bomb. Iraq, Israel, and many others in the world are very unsure as to how far an Obama administration would go to prevent this. If Obama is elected I pray he does not allow this to happen.

And Uncle Sam will do what to prevent it from happening? Two wars already going on. One war barely under control and another one slipping away, the economy in recession, deficit spending out of control, unemployment rising, troop shortages. And we go launch another 'preemptive war'. The last one was so successful clearly another one should be in the offing. Yep time to start another one.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gee, even the Iraqis are on the NObama wagon … too bad the liberals............................................ blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...
(after a while everything 1LITTLE1 writes sounds the same)

Because he says it is. If 1Little1 says it is true and important then it is. Never mind that he is not of Iraqi heritage (or if he is, he has yet to say it). Never mind that he has never set foot on Iraqi soil or conversed with or dined with an Iraqi. Trust me on this-when I, as a native Iraqi, with an extensive family, many of whom still reside in Iraq (mostly in and around Najaf), gave him facts before, he derided it and me; which is, what he will do with any who contradict him.

Don't bother 1LITTLE1 with truth or facts. He won't believe you.

If you are suggesting that the iraqi people share the same sentiment that you do, that is, that the War was a mistake and shouldnt have happened, then you are an out of touch moron. The Iraqi people are overwhelmingly thankful for the invansion, and that Saddam is dead. They just want us to leave soon.
Thankful for the invasion:confused:? Having homes blown to smithereens? Having children get their limbs blown off? Children losing their parents and siblings to errant bombs and bullets? Oh yes, the Iraqis are immensely grateful to the diminishment of its total population:rolleyes:.

As to Saddam Hussein, while many (and it is by no means all) are glad to have him gone, the way it was done, is not a welcome one, even among those who wanted him dead. It showed what arrogance the United States-once so mighty, now slipping in its strength-operates with.

As to the U.S.A. getting out of Iraq, it is wanted and has been for several years-you mean people are just starting to figure this out?

Won't let what happen? Iran not possess a bomb? Not let Iraq and Israel be unsure?

And if British, German, French, Canadian, New Zealander, and Chinese nationals could vote, it would be Obama. Why do the Iraqis merit their own thread?
It is a well known fact that Iraqis be special (and besides, Obama has promised to make Iraq the 62nd State).