If man (mankind) is created in the image of God then God must be

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gay,straight,and bisexual along with male and female.
A lot of animals exhibit gay,bisexual,and straight behavior this way too. Some animals can even change sex to have babies. These behaviors are instincts and natural similar to humans.
I have had friends who were born the wrong sex. Somehow they had a spirit that was obviously the gender they had to gotten changed to. They experienced some kind of mix up. That is the only time I would think there is some "cause" like environmental or something. I can't imagine how difficult and painful it must be for them and I am so glad they can get "treatment" for this "problem".
In ancient times before patriarchy the mother's brother was considered the closest male relative to her child. This is still how a significant number of people are raised considering the divorces and single parents. Lots of people are raised by moms and are closer to uncles than the fathers.
Another point is that were are not lobsters ,penguins,or other animals that NATURALLY have only one mate for life. It looks like only some humans naturally have one lifelong mate as well as some gay humans.
Non-straight humans are not a phenomenon like Autisms which has become prevalent.
Same sex love has been widely accepted and practiced and documented by known rulers and societies in the ancient world . Even the God Bacchus is gay along with many others.
The same religious views that supposedly are against all non-straight behavior are derived from societies that regularly stoned children for being"rebellious". They claimed that many kinds of atrocities were justified because God was on their side including slavery. Slavery is still common in the most sexually repressive cultures.
I would like to also say that I disapprove of the religious bigotry that I have seen on this site (it isn't more than in society at large but still rude) and I don't mean just towards me and my beliefs.
You don't find Pagans telling people who and how they can love outside the law of three which just represents karmic law. Whatever you do will come back to you.
If you are wondering what Pagan is. It means "of the country". People who were outside the control of the the forced religion and still practiced the "Old Religion' sometimes known as Witchcraft. I do not appreciate when someone who is gay acts rude to me about my religion. It seems like if they want tolerance they should also give it along with equality. That also goes for my friends and people I meet from formerly repressed and segregated racial groups. Some want everything phrased just perfect for their sensitivities then turn around and behave like bigots when it comes to religion. Let's all show some respect for each other.
I seen some rudeness about peoples beliefs but not a lot so far. People can say whatever they want but it still makes them assholes and/or ignorant.
I have heard some odd religious beliefs like someone finds an old rotted piece of paper in a cave and they say it is from God. I don't call them crazy on a public forum because that would be rude to the people who think old writings from caves are God papers.
another thing is that if God had a baby but didn't have sex with the mother that is OBVIOUSLY GAY!! LMAO.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Literalism is dogma, and it's uncool whether using text to prove one's point this way or that.

I believe that we are each of us endowed with a soul which is not physical. It is the energy of the cosmos that inhabits and enlightens us as sentient beings. From that perspective, the texts make somewhat more sense.

But keep in mind that the Bible as we know it is a collection of unrelated documents esteemed as holy by people who lived 2000-2500 years ago under very different circumstances and influences. At various stages, the ancient Jews were held as captive slaves in both Babylon and Egypt, two cultures with rich spiritual histories. It was translated several times by humans with very specific agendas and axes to grind before reaching our times.

We, each of us, can only attach certainty to our beliefs with the most disingenuous of conviction, because no one really knows what we're made of, why we're here and what follows death.

Speculation's fun, but only just that.

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
For the record God could just be Asexual.

Of course "we" aren't created in God's image, Adam was, and we are in his image, the "Image of Sin".

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
... I should really read the OP's and not skim them. =/

:/ My pity to you. Visit your local educational facility as soon as possible.

jack65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

sugarandspice, The bible talks about the law which has over 700 things in it ( if i remember rightly) in these laws you could take a child ( they became a man or woman at age 30) upto the age of 29 and have them stoned for what ever, and we also have the eye for an eye laws and so on, but god said to them "if you would learn for me I would make you a holy nation" but the men of those times wanted vengance which is not holy.

I think what god is saying is look kids if you will forgive others and let me judge them your on your way to growing up, its written that god did not want judges, man did, god wanted poeple to relize thier "sin" was know worse then that of others to "him", then he sends the big JC and he says look you guys are still babies, stop beeing mean to each other, no one is better then the other because every one has done something wrong in gods eyes but he is prepared to over look it if you are prepared to try, we see this in the way JC deals with "sinners", JC also said that when you pass over you will be like angels "being neither male or female".
Lastly would you realy expect that a creating god could not fertilze one human egg, we do it out of the body and in test tubes all the time yet 200 yrs ago we could not even imagened such a thing.

Bbucko, i agree that there are "humans with very specific agendas and axes to grind before reaching our times", i think the way or tone of reading the bible has a lot to do with why poeple don't like to here whats in it.

How any one can use it to hurt others is beyound me becuase if they believe in it then the above should be some of the 1st things to learn out of it.

just what i think,

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting thread and post.

Beliefs are just that -- beliefs. Until we have scientific evidence that is as clear as the Law Of Gravity, we shouldn't put down other's beliefs.

That doesn't mean we have to AGREE, but nothing is accomplished by being rude or murderous (as is so common throughout the history of many religions).

B_blackkid

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What bothers me the most is that those who have beliefs in dieties never take Theological Studies outside of Priests en mass. Sure, things are open to reasonable interpretation but people are just so strange that it makes you wonder whether they ever read their Holy Book at all.

From a Non-Abrahamic Stance "God" does actually make some sense if you read Holy Documents and texts Objectively, but the moment you apply an entire 1/3 of the planets population to the equation, making for well over 1 billion randomized opinions, what you end with is garbled mush.

Like the above...

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I respect people opinions about God but from my perspective man created god to his imagine not the other way around. The Spinoza god make more sense to me.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
The biblical reference of "made in the image of God" is interpreted as to how humans differ from animals in that we were each given....a spirit. We are spiritual beings and thus we have the ability to have a conscience and make decisions for ourselves. We have that "spiritual connectivenes" (then) to our Creator. Animals behave more instinctively without this "spirit" existing. Animals are not necessarily aware of WHY they are responding...nor why they are here or for what expressed purposes they exist. Animals have a place in the world, make no mistake. But humans?....are expressly different, by design.

Our physical form (i.e. our bodies) allows each of us to be of service to each other in various aspects throughout this earthly journey. We help one another and provide for one another. The sexual aspect of our existance was designed for both pro-creation purposes (to perpetuate human life) and obviously was presented to us humans as a wonderful gift to bring pleasure both to ourselves and to one another.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought this was going to be:

If man is created in God's image why are God's 'men' being circumcised? And if circumcision is part of God's image, why are we not born circumcised?

Guess not...

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the record God could just be Asexual.

Of course "we" aren't created in God's image, Adam was, and we are in his image, the "Image of Sin".
The word sin derives from a God of the Moon. The only God associated with the moon.The God rides in the sky in a boat that is shaped like the moon in a sliver with horns,like Diana's bow or horns. He is probably associated with the Horned God.
The snake told EVE to eat from the Tree of Knowledge and released them from ignorance and oppression of the the supposed God they were captive to.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
SugarandSpice, I love a good rant, and that is what it sounded like when you started going off about religion, but just to get one thing clear, are you saying that people from minority groups have no right to criticize your religion?
Like it takes some especially enormous balls and unheard of gall for someone on the fringes to feel like they have a right to an opinion to criticize someone's religion.

You seem to be suggesting that straight white people have more of a right than not straight/not white people.

On that note there is a punk band that wrote a song similar to what you wrote at the end of that rant. It had lyrics that may offend a few people, but hey, I didn't write it and it is pretty funny.
"Mary was a virgin so God must be a fag" followed by
"God's a fag" over and over.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The word sin derives from a God of the Moon. ....

:confused: Whose report must I believe?

Another piece of trivia you will not learn in church is that the word SIN was an old archery term in medieval times and it meant nothing more than to miss the mark. If an archer missed the intended target they were said to have sinned. Shocking how it later became so misconstrued isn't it ?