If man (mankind) is created in the image of God then God must be

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

sugarandspice, this statement "There is no one true story of Jesus to fucking misinterpret." what are you saying?, that there are many stories or that Jesus was not a real person? i don't quite get it.

Thank You.
There are many stories. Who is to say which one is correct?
The stories and texts were written hundreds of years after the alleged facts. There are no secular records although other characters do have a secular record.
Also many,many other deities have a similar mythology as the Christ story.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was the winter of '65, we were hungry, just barely alive, took a train to Richmondtown- here's their website- Historic Richmond Town | Welcome actually it was the winter of 70 and it was a schoolbus but Joan Baez had a better visual approach- the bus made the turn up on Arthur Kill Road and that was just about the end of us all what with the spin that the black ice created for the driver and the bus. I met God that day- God is a terrifying creature which alternates between being a bright light, a dark void and all with a splitting headache. Years later as I motored my bike along the road towards Kerhonskon having left George back in Ellenville I hit a bump in the road and met up with God again-for close to a month! God was now sporting a new look, shorter hair, a new robe and sapphire rings on all 9037 fingers (God has extra fingers since God needs to keep a finger on all situations and an eye as well which is why God has 864 eyes:eek:). God reminded me of the sin of fornicating and offered me some advice- which I no longer recall. There were Wednesday night hoedowns and orgies with the medical staff- the medications were very good! Finally God said it was time for me to return to the living.

My earliest recollections had God and Jesus looking amazingly alike. These days I see God as a spiritual essence and as a big overseer with many underlings who do God's bidding and keep us humans out of trouble-most of the time.
Happy New Year!

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Literalism is dogma, and it's uncool whether using text to prove one's point this way or that.

I believe that we are each of us endowed with a soul which is not physical. It is the energy of the cosmos that inhabits and enlightens us as sentient beings. From that perspective, the texts make somewhat more sense.

But keep in mind that the Bible as we know it is a collection of unrelated documents esteemed as holy by people who lived 2000-2500 years ago under very different circumstances and influences. At various stages, the ancient Jews were held as captive slaves in both Babylon and Egypt, two cultures with rich spiritual histories. It was translated several times by humans with very specific agendas and axes to grind before reaching our times.

We, each of us, can only attach certainty to our beliefs with the most disingenuous of conviction, because no one really knows what we're made of, why we're here and what follows death.

Speculation's fun, but only just that.
Yes, indeed

jack65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are many stories. Who is to say which one is correct?
The stories and texts were written hundreds of years after the alleged facts. There are no secular records although other characters do have a secular record.
Also many,many other deities have a similar mythology as the Christ story.

sugarandspice, I agree that there are many stories about what happened after the cross/execution but most people agree the life story of Jesus to be correct,
also, One of antiquity’s greatest historians, Cornelius Tacitus, affirmed that Jesus had suffered under Pilate. Tacitus was born around 25 years after Jesus died, and he had seen the spread of Christianity begin to impact Rome. The Roman historian wrote negatively of Christ and Christians, identifying them in a.d. 115 as “a race of men detested for their evil practices, and commonly called Chrestiani. The name was derived from Chrestus, who, in the reign of Tiberius, suffered under Pontius Pilate, Procurator of Judea.”
There quite a few others too but to go into it all is just to long for now but you need to know
they were not Christians / people of the way, also you should know that most of the scriptures that are now used concerning Jesus, and his mates are date from 60 ad to 90 ad, with the later copies from the 1st 2nd 3rd centuries being copies of the early ones.The Q gospel was recoded in 50 CE ?,
Paul who was Saul lived in that time to and a lot of his writings are used, so to say they are hundreds of yrs after is just not true,the later copies are and what people have forgotten is that they are just that, copies of early documents.
i would be giving the person who told you that crap a ear full if i were you. they have not done any home work on this and have now made you look a little silly too, because it now looks like you have heard someone just say those things but never really checked,
which is fine, but does your argument no good because now know one will think you have looked into that which you speak off.

In addition, the writings of opponents of Christianity such as Jews and Gnostic's, confirm that Jesus was a real person. If they could, the best alternative for Christianity's enemies would have been to say Jesus never lived. But the evidence was too real and fresh--there were people still alive who knew Jesus or the Apostles. Their only alternative was to accept Jesus, but change his message.

which "mythology deities" are these, that say they are from the one true god, that created all things, and there are no other gods but "him", I thought ( and i may be wrong though ignorance ) that most other "mythology deities" conceded that there are many gods, half gods and so on, i don't know of any other that did what Jesus was said to do.

I realize these are my views and not yours, i would only ask of you that if your going to make statements about them that you understand what your talking about 1st.
My point is if i was to talk about some of your gods and got what they were about completely wrong would you not say "hey mate get your facts right 1st." i think most would.

Thank You.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
sugarandspice, I agree that there are many stories about what happened after the cross/execution but most people agree the life story of Jesus to be correct,
also, One of antiquity’s greatest historians, Cornelius Tacitus, affirmed that Jesus had suffered under Pilate. Tacitus was born around 25 years after Jesus died, and he had seen the spread of Christianity begin to impact Rome. The Roman historian wrote negatively of Christ and Christians, identifying them in a.d. 115 as “a race of men detested for their evil practices, and commonly called Chrestiani. The name was derived from Chrestus, who, in the reign of Tiberius, suffered under Pontius Pilate, Procurator of Judea.”
There quite a few others too but to go into it all is just to long for now but you need to know
they were not Christians / people of the way, also you should know that most of the scriptures that are now used concerning Jesus, and his mates are date from 60 ad to 90 ad, with the later copies from the 1st 2nd 3rd centuries being copies of the early ones.The Q gospel was recoded in 50 CE ?,
Paul who was Saul lived in that time to and a lot of his writings are used, so to say they are hundreds of yrs after is just not true,the later copies are and what people have forgotten is that they are just that, copies of early documents.
i would be giving the person who told you that crap a ear full if i were you. they have not done any home work on this and have now made you look a little silly too, because it now looks like you have heard someone just say those things but never really checked,
which is fine, but does your argument no good because now know one will think you have looked into that which you speak off.

In addition, the writings of opponents of Christianity such as Jews and Gnostic's, confirm that Jesus was a real person. If they could, the best alternative for Christianity's enemies would have been to say Jesus never lived. But the evidence was too real and fresh--there were people still alive who knew Jesus or the Apostles. Their only alternative was to accept Jesus, but change his message.

which "mythology deities" are these, that say they are from the one true god, that created all things, and there are no other gods but "him", I thought ( and i may be wrong though ignorance ) that most other "mythology deities" conceded that there are many gods, half gods and so on, i don't know of any other that did what Jesus was said to do.

I realize these are my views and not yours, i would only ask of you that if your going to make statements about them that you understand what your talking about 1st.
My point is if i was to talk about some of your gods and got what they were about completely wrong would you not say "hey mate get your facts right 1st." i think most would.

Thank You.
Well, actually there isn't anyone that I just overheard. It is common knowledge that Saul/Paul lived about -I'm not going to look it up right now(mainly because I don't care)- 400 years after Chrisrt. Ithink you are confused with Peter.
I have followed a lot of PUBLISHED research over 26 years,since I was eleven. I was a trained missionary so I am very familiar with Christianity.
The other mythological deity similar to Christ is Mithra. It is funny that you are so unanware that CHRISTMAS is celebrated on Dec. 25th which is from Mithra.
You apparently also have know idea how this came about.
Here is a little history lesson from off the top of my ( more educated) head.
You can look it up yourself to put all the fancy details in if you wish because ,I don't really care that much.( I also had to take a pain medication and it is hard to put my thoughts into typed sentences right now)
Ok. The Romans used to have an official religion. There was a trial in which the Christians pitched there religion and so did the followers of Mithra to be the official religion of Rome. The Christians won ,obviously but there Romans kept the birthday of Mithra which is was December 25th. It is common knowledge that Jesus was born in Spring.We know this would be true because he was born in Bethlehem due to his parents having to take part in a census so they could be taxed.I ASSUME it was in Spring as I have heard and that is how it is known Jesus was born in Spring. The city was overflowing with people appearing for the census and that's why he was born in a barn according to the story.
M'kay?
Real obvious stuff folks.
You silly little guy.Check your facts eh?

jack65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

sugarandspice, I don't know if your really serious or trying to pull my leg!

Yes i know of Mithra and his son, You are not going to realy try sell this to me as " Also many,many other deities have a similar mythology as the Christ story." are you?.

The rest of what you replied with does not even come close to what we are talking about ( apart from the Paul/Saul which is just wrong )which is a shame because i agree that Christmas is to substitute a pagan festival ( the last day of that festival ? ), though the rest of that matter you need to maybe go over again as i relizse it may have been awhile since you have been trianed by missionaries & and may of got some of it confused.

As i said before:

Thank You.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

sugarandspice, I don't know if your really serious or trying to pull my leg!

Yes i know of Mithra and his son, You are not going to realy try sell this to me as " Also many,many other deities have a similar mythology as the Christ story." are you?.

The rest of what you replied with does not even come close to what we are talking about ( apart from the Paul/Saul which is just wrong )which is a shame because i agree that Christmas is to substitute a pagan festival ( the last day of that festival ? ), though the rest of that matter you need to maybe go over again as i relizse it may have been awhile since you have been trained by missionaries & and may of got some of it confused.

As i said before:

Thank You.
You just don't know what YOU are talking about PERIOD!
Okay, I should have specified that Paul's writings didn't appear until about 400 years after the time of Christ.
You are very uneducated in this matter. Leave it alone or do some homework. Why don't you start providing links to historical writings to back your claims up.
Eh mate you don't know jack.

jack65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

sugarandspice, Oh dear you were serious!

You are right in that i should walk away from this lol, BUT

For any one that is still reading this, the book of Q / the Q gospel / is believed to be the 1st and was a book of saying from what people could remember that Jesus had said it was written around 50AD?, then the writings of Paul are generally excepted to be earlier then the other gospels which are thought to be writings that used the Q gospel as a major reference.

( Paul him self became a Christian around or before 40 AD and died around or just before 70 AD some say from Nero's orders but many think he was beheaded about 3 miles from the city of Rome,)

This is pretty well accepted apart from the OP, and any one can Google it if they want too.
Also you can look up for your self about Saul/Paul,

None of this is the point really is it. we both can keep it up and we will still be trading comments for ever, I didn't say you look silly to hurt you rather so you don't go around looking like it. which after reading back on these few post i think is the real problem here, but any way i can't talk with you when your not wanting to hear.

May the peace of your gods be upon you.

Thank You.