If polygamy was legal and socially permitted would you have more than one wife?

No, already had two, at different times, and that was enough thanks. I prefer the way it is now.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
you can not truly love two people at once. And i don't think they make beds that big anyways.

That is not what polygamy is all about.
First you can love several at 1 time.
Second, the bed doesn't need to be bigger. It's having more than 1 wife or more than 1 husband, they share many things but in bed it is 1 husband and wife at a time, there isn't another husband/wife in the room at the same time. Polygamy is multiple marriage/spouse, not about group sex.
Learn about polygamy and all the joy that can go with it. Read the links I gave above.

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Why is this addressed only to men? Why can't women have two husbands? :smile:

I've read some of the threads on polygamy. Not all.

I think you can love more than one person. I think insurance isn't a problem, since 'families' are usually up to so many children/ so why not more than one spouse?

But I think the clear hang up for me is that so often people think of this as a man with more than one wife. Why not a wife with more than one husband? I like the idea.

All joking aside, I think it's another case of what's socially acceptable. And, perhaps finding the 'right' mix? If I were in a relationship with two men, two husbands, I'd kinda want them to love each other, too. Maybe even as much as they loved me. So, maybe this is not what some people think of as polygamy, but it makes more sense to my sense of 'fair' play. I suppose this is more of a long term menage, huh? Sigh.

Anyhow, just thinking as I type, so not completely sure where I land on this question....:rolleyes:

Reactions: octopod

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Why does anyone find this such an odd concept through out history there have been cultures that it is an acceptable practice? Not sure I personally would want to try it but if it works for other people what is the harm?

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
convert to Islam and move to the middle east and you can have up to four

{QUOTE}From Ave Joe, Marriage and polygamy? No way.
One night stand and booty call? Hell yeah !!!{QUOTE}

No to the first quote, hell of an good idea for the second quote.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Why is this addressed only to men? Why can't women have two husbands? :smile:

I've read some of the threads on polygamy. Not all.

I think you can love more than one person. I think insurance isn't a problem, since 'families' are usually up to so many children/ so why not more than one spouse?

But I think the clear hang up for me is that so often people think of this as a man with more than one wife. Why not a wife with more than one husband? I like the idea.

All joking aside, I think it's another case of what's socially acceptable. And, perhaps finding the 'right' mix? If I were in a relationship with two men, two husbands, I'd kinda want them to love each other, too. Maybe even as much as they loved me. So, maybe this is not what some people think of as polygamy, but it makes more sense to my sense of 'fair' play. I suppose this is more of a long term menage, huh? Sigh.

Anyhow, just thinking as I type, so not completely sure where I land on this question....:rolleyes:

I personally like the idea of polyandry/polyamoury/polygamy.

If it's good enough for the goose, it's good enough for the gander.

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
Two men and one woman would be my ideal.

Not two dyads, but a real threesome, sleeping together in a king-size bed.

My wife and I lived that way with a guy for about three years, and it was great while it lasted. I would love to find the right guy for a similar menage, but my wife is not up for it again.

I would love to try a committed polyamorous relationship, but finding people in a similar age-group who are interested in the same is damned near impossible unless you're in a major city.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I would love to try a committed polyamorous relationship, but finding people in a similar age-group who are interested in the same is damned near impossible unless you're in a major city.

Have you tried joining any of the dedicated fetish web-sites, like fetlife?

I'm sure there are others out there but that might be a good starting point to finding people with the same lifestyle needs.

Have you tried joining any of the dedicated fetish web-sites, like fetlife?

I'm sure there are others out there but that might be a good starting point to finding people with the same lifestyle needs.

Nae, I'm into polyamory but not BDSM or kink. (Nothing against it; it just doesn't interest me.)

And I haven't found any particular luck in finding a gay polyamory forum worth anything...