Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have three 8 oz. cups of coffee in the morning. Any coffee later in the afternoon and I'll be up for hours.

No, it means you like to wash dishes. :biggrin1:

I rinse and recycle my cup for the following morning. It's a dish-washing time saver!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I use a mug that holds 6 or maybe 7 ounces (shown here). I can't stand thick, bulky mugs. I try to confine myself to one cup of coffee per day, preferably in the afternoon, which is when I feel that I most need it. If I regularly drink more than one cup per day, then I get a headache if I don't have my daily coffee. I prefer not to be subject to that kind of dependency. I still haven't figured out if there is much connection between my consumption of coffee and my sleep patterns, because my sleep seems to be disrupted in one way or another no matter what I do.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
What mug?

I use a mug that holds 6 or maybe 7 ounces (shown here). I can't stand thick, bulky mugs. I try to confine myself to one cup of coffee per day, preferably in the afternoon, which is when I feel that I most need it. If I regularly drink more than one cup per day, then I get a headache if I don't have my daily coffee. I prefer not to be subject to that kind of dependency. I still haven't figured out if there is much connection between my consumption of coffee and my sleep patterns, because my sleep seems to be disrupted in one way or another no matter what I do.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting question - and surely my response plays right into my size obsession...
I'm a Dunkin' Donuts coffee man. No matter how much (or little) I'm in the mood for, I always order a medium or large.
The reason is that their small coffee comes in a flimsy cardboard cup (the hot coffee burns Your hands when You hold it) and has a flat lid (which You can't sip out of). The medium & large cups are the insulated styro cups with the dome sip lids. I believe this falls under the category of shrewd marketing strategies.

shr1125

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm a Dunkin' Donuts coffee man. No matter how much (or little) I'm in the mood for, I always order a medium or large.

I miss Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I've tried to brew it myself at home, but for some reason, it just doesn't taste the same.

[Insert jealous face here.]

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Almost worse than a hangover.

Quick cure is a spoonful of instant dissolved in your mouth.:eek::confused:
This is why you should always carry a few coffee beans in your pocket, when a headache is nearing just chew a few tasty beans and relief is instant.:smile:.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is because you wash your coffee pot, and do not recycle your water.:wink::eek:
:laughing: I live where you can't spit without hitting a Dunkin' Donuts. I've tried the donuts and liked them, but I can't for the life of me understand why anybody thinks that their coffee is anything to seek out.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Darnit! Now doughnuts are lodged in my brain! I just know that before the day is over I'm going to eat at least 6.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I have a cup in the morning ... made in a French press, with coffee grains ground a little finer than you're supposed to have using this method.
I can buy Starbucks coffee at work, and have a couple of large cups during the day.
And in the evening, I often go to a coffee house and have another cup while reading.

An Illy double espresso staisfies me far more than the biggest mug of that dreadful stuff some of you have to suffer.

You'll have to explain, Drifter. I'm not sure what it's like to be staisfied.
But I'd like to make espresso at home. It would help with my bopperbasting.
The stove pot espresso makers don't seem to me to make really good espresso ... maybe I'm not using them right.
And I don't feel ready right now to spring for a really good espresso machine.
Besides, I'm afraid I might get addicted if I could make good espresso at home. Maybe from an excess of staisification.:cool:

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Darnit! Now doughnuts are lodged in my brain! I just know that before the day is over I'm going to eat at least 6.
Careful, now: you don't want your baby to turn into Homer Simpson.

Recollection from Married, with Children: Doorbell of Bundy house rings. Al opens door. A policeman is there.

Al: What's the matter, officer? Did you mistake my house for a doughnut shop?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Careful, now: you don't want your baby to turn into Homer Simpson.

Recollection from Married, with Children: Doorbell of Bundy house rings. Al opens door. A policeman is there.

Al: What's the matter, officer? Did you mistake my house for a doughnut shop?

:lmao:

I only ate two yesterday! Pretty good since they were my first doughnuts in at least a month. Oh, and I'm eating one now. :redface:

We'll be watching TV and someone will be eating spaghetti in a scene and I'll say, "Oh, I really want spaghetti!" I just seem to latch onto whatever food is suggested to me and sometimes I just won't forget it until I eat it. It gets lodged in my head.

TheBF says I'm the most suggestible woman on earth right now.

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
16 ozs., refill when empty until happy.

Use enough Sweet 'n' Low to kill every rat in every tunnel of the NYC Subway system. Use enough half and half to make it somewhere between beige and ecru. Drink with eat-objects: two slices of multigrain toast soaked with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I switched from coffee to tea in 1996, and am happier for it. I used to drink so much coffee and espresso that my ears rang.

Currently I have a two-quart pot that sits continuously on the stove. When I'm low on tea, I refill it with water, bring it to a boil and use the equivalent of four regular tea bags (right now I use two enormous, "family-sized" bags). I prefer tepid tea as opposed to hot or iced. An average day will see me consume anything from 1 1/2 to 3 pots per day, depending on any number of factors. I drink it in 20-oz glasses.