If the election was held today...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gustavovolvo, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Gustavovolvo

Gustavovolvo New Member

For sake of curiosity I was wondering if the election for President was held today knowing what we know now about the economy the Afghanistan buildup and health care, would people vote for Obama or Clinton or somebody else entirely?
    If not Obama or Clinton then give your selectiion.

2. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

President Obama is a great speaker and thats about it. He has foolproof majorities in both legislative branches but he can't get anything done.

No public option. Sold out to Wall Street. Mired in Afghanistan. Weakening education. Deepening unemployment coupled with insane budget deficits (His false Keynesian econ model says government spending should reduce job losses ). China just told him to go fuck himself on global warming. He has not raised taxes on the rich which he will never be allowed to do and he can't stand up to 2 bit Senators who have bamboozled him with power politics.

Unfortunately he is basically what he said he was, a well spoken small potatoes community organizer who can't make a decisive move to save his life. He waffled on Afghanistan for weeks and then went half in, not all in.

In hindsight Hillary would have been a far better choice. She has way bigger nads than this wimp, and she would have been able to produce bi partisan legislation and made decisions that would stick.

He has no courage at all to face down a Ben Nelson whomever that is, and now Congress smells blood and they are emasculating him.

Just do google on "President Obama's accomplishments his first year" and you get a big zero. ZERO. Go try it. Oh he did one thing, he apologized to the world for America being a bully and what did he get, missile launches and nuclear armament by Iran and North Korea, and China and India pissing on him and America on cap and trade and global warming. And Hugo Chavez proclaims him to be great. Is that the President we want, a guy revered by penny ante banana dictators?

He could take a bold stand and vigorously support nascent freedom in Iran but he is such a pussy he does not want the world press to think badly of him.

I guess he may do good things in the next 3 years but right now he is an abysmal failure. Historically all Presidents have gotten significant legislation passed in their first year. President Bush formed an alliance with Senator Kennedy to get No Child Left Behind and I believe he got a income tax reduction.

Here is what is being said:

One year after his election, what has Obama achieved? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

You tell us. What has he done?

Edit: read this and if you are not concerned, you should be.

>>>Obama’s immediate predecessors can all claim some victories in their first nine months in office. George W. Bush cut taxes, passed the No Child Left Behind education reform, and pulled the nation together after 9/11. Bill Clinton passed a major stimulus and deficit-reduction program, was on his way to passing the North American Free Trade Agreement, and presided over a historic Arab-Israeli handshake.

George H.W. Bush’s term, in many ways Ronald Reagan’s “third term,” got credit for his successful stewardship of the end of the cold war. President Reagan launched his “revolution” by enacting the largest tax cuts in history.

It is the start of Jimmy Carter&#8217;s presidency that serves as Obama&#8217;s cautionary tale. Mr. Carter, like Obama, came in with an ambitious agenda &#8211; but in Carter&#8217;s case, it fell flat but for passage of the Panama Canal Treaties. His inner circle accompanied him from Georgia and did not mesh well with the barons of Capitol Hill, even though all were Democrats. Obama, in contrast, has peppered his administration with Clinton veterans, including chief of staff Rahm Emanuel.<<<<

#2 Wyldgusechaz, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

What would happen?
    Obama would win. Not because his first year was perfect (because it wasn't), but mainly because Republicans would have nobody to run against him. They're too busy arguing among themselves about who is "Conservative" enough, further dividing their own party. And as it stands, there is no independent or third party contender that has the political capital to shake things up.

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
    State Children's Health Insurance Program
    American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
    Car Allowance Rebate System

Obama's Brilliant First YearBy January, he will have accomplished more than any first-year president since Franklin Roosevelt.

About one thing, left and right seem to agree these days: Obama hasn't done anything yet. Maureen Dowd and Dick Cheney have found common ground in scoffing at the president's "dithering." Newsweek recently ran a sympathetic cover story titled, "Yes He Can (But He Sure Hasn't Yet)." The sarcasm brigade thinks it's finally found an Achilles' heel in his lack of accomplishments. "When you look at my record, it's very clear what I've done so far and that is nothing. Nada. Almost one year and nothing to show for it," Obama stand-in Fred Armisen recently riffed on Saturday Night Live. "It's chow time," Jon Stewart asserts, for a president who hasn't followed through on his promises.
    This conventional wisdom about Obama's first year isn't just premature&#8212;it's sure to be flipped on its head by the anniversary of his inauguration on Jan. 20. If, as seems increasingly likely, Obama wins passage of a health care reform a bill by that date, he will deliver his first State of the Union address having accomplished more than any other postwar American president at a comparable point in his presidency. This isn't an ideological point or one that depends on agreement with his policies. It's a neutral assessment of his emerging record&#8212;how many big, transformational things Obama is likely to have made happen in his first 12 months in office.
    http://www.slate.com/id/2236708/

5. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was originally for CLINTON because of her as a Sen in NY , being the first lady for 8 yrs and her character. I have been fond of OBAMA since the DNC in 2004 but like most didn't think he was seasoned enough. I am not blind I know that many voted for him (all races but mostly African American) simply b/c of his race but once Clinton was out there was no other choice . He is far too much of a centrist for me, another reason I would've prefered HILLARY! One thing I can guarantee you had she won she would have been on Congress' ass telling them Public Option NOW !!!
    All in all OBAMA has done a damn good job considering the damn mess he inherited, once again a BUSH left a fukin mess someone had to clean up. After EIGHT yrs of doing nothing but bastardizing our constitution, illegally invading nations and taking a permanent vacation it's nice to see a president with ACTION!
    I absolutely would vote for him again !

HH

#5 HUNGHUGE11X7, Dec 23, 2009
  6. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
    State Children's Health Insurance Program
    American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
    Car Allowance Rebate System

Are you fucking kidding me? You call those boondoggles significant accomplishments??
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

They are all abject failures, except for that Ledbetter act which means zero for most of America.

I hope you aren't really that dumb. No one could be that dumb I don't believe.

7. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

What action has Obama taken? I am curious. Basically he has apologized to the world and thats it. So being a cowardly apologist now constitutes a man of action? they world sees him as a weak pussy. They piss on us at every turn. Show me how he has made the lives of Americans better.

8. Industrialsize

Albums:
  9. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Yep you proved it. You are dumb. No wonder you need the big government to bail you out for your stupidity. I choose to look to myself so I have no one to blame but myself. You blame "unseen" forces for your small pitiful life.

Government cannot make your life better, only you can. But you choose not to so you end up a loser.

10. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I already knew this Wyld, but you've just proved it for me. You're nothing but smoke and mirrors. You ask for proof of Obama actually doing something, you get it, and then you decry big government. Well, HELLO! Obama is the elected HEAD of the government. He is empowered to do only things related to GOVERNMENT. He has. Therefor, he has not been in-actionable, as you asserted. The Big Government/No Government argument is not part of this debate. It never has been. Blow that smoke somewhere else.

11. houtx48

Gold Member

when government let the banks and wall street police themselves that really worked out well. why don't we deregulate the insurance companies next.

12. Industrialsize

Albums:
    You asked for accomplishments, I gave you a list, all annotated. Then You called me dumb, stupid, small and pitiful. I sometimes forget this is an adult website.

13. houtx48

Gold Member

is that facequeen's more obnoxious cousin?

14. captain garbonzo

captain garbonzo New Member

I think maybe Clinton might win now. Definitely not a Republican and mainly because of Bush. It didn't matter who ran. Bush soured it for any Republican. It's just a cycle. Now we will see what happens in 3 or 7 years and if Obama fucks it up or if he does ok or is great....or at least perceived as such by media and critics.

IMO, there is just too much riding on Obama's celebrity image, so many people give him benefit of the doubt. Not to mention that it's politically correct to think he's cool because he's a minority. Not that I give a shit about it but for the fact it's easy to see that alot of people do give a shit about it. Just as long as he does his job competently and doesn't hang out for so many photo ops and late night talk shows to feed his ego. To me he's just another politician but one with not much experience, who seems to enjoy giving 'gifts' of what is really taxpayer's money which we will be paying back long after he's left office.

Definitely woud like to see what an independent could do. Perhaps soon it will come to pass.

#14 captain garbonzo, Dec 23, 2009
  15. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Damn didn't realized he had done quite that much. He has done more in under a year than W did his last four!

hahaha POT meet KETTLE

HH

16. HUNGHUGE11X7

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

hahahahah "Facequeen" hahahahaha

HH

17. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Most of those "accomplishments" have been disasters. Cash for Clunkers was a huge mistake. If you were honest you would know that. but you aren't and never have been.

18. Industrialsize

Albums:
    I am honest, we just don't agree.

19. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

I'm just not sure where you came from, but get off my planet! YOU constantly blurt out outlandish accusations and decry big government, etc. ad nauseum... you NEVER provide hard facts or evidence, you never have a real and grounded grasp of what you're speaking (no matter the topic) and you resort to name calling when people bitch-slap you and correctly point out you are wrong, WITH facts and figures.

You want to scream and moan and say government is to blame for your lot in life, and call other people losers... You come off as a miserable person trapped in a world where no one listens to you, no one believes you, and everyone who disagrees with you is stupid. I'm not sure where you came from, but stop taking up oxygen on my planet, furry forest animals have more right to it than do you.

20. D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

cash for clunkers was a success? barack and Pelosi are selling out amaerica. they've even had to bribe senators (with tax payer money) to pass a health care bill that is the biggest load of shit yet. Don't even get me started with Copenhagen. more payoffs to the tune of 100 billion over ten years to third world countries so they can better compete with us. WTF ? "Le me make myself clear" get your head out of your ass!

Draft saved Draft deleted