If the election was held today...

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
I'm just not sure where you came from, but get off my planet! YOU constantly blurt out outlandish accusations and decry big government, etc. ad nauseum... you NEVER provide hard facts or evidence, you never have a real and grounded grasp of what you're speaking (no matter the topic) and you resort to name calling when people bitch-slap you and correctly point out you are wrong, WITH facts and figures.

You want to scream and moan and say government is to blame for your lot in life, and call other people losers... You come off as a miserable person trapped in a world where no one listens to you, no one believes you, and everyone who disagrees with you is stupid. I'm not sure where you came from, but stop taking up oxygen on my planet, furry forest animals have more right to it than do you.

>

finsuptx

Expert Member
Media
cash for clunkers was a success? barack and Pelosi are selling out amaerica. they've even had to bribe senators (with tax payer money) to pass a health care bill that is the biggest load of shit yet. Don't even get me started with Copenhagen. more payoffs to the tune of 100 billion over ten years to third world countries so they can better compete with us. WTF ? "Le me make myself clear" get your head out of your ass!

I don't see where I voiced my love and devotion to Pelosi or Obama, nor do I see where I said the cash for clunkers was a success... here's a thought, before you go around telling people to get their head out of their ass, have some idea who you're fighting and why first. I excuse your mistake.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Being non partisan, I am only allowed to vote in national elections not primaries, so...
I was never a big fan of President Obama, but I voted for him and would vote him again, without hesitation.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am also an independent, and here in MD we are not allowed to vote in primaries (a stupid rule, if ever there was one). If i were allowed to vote in primaries, i would have voted for Clinton. As it turned out, Clinton wasn't an option in the national election, so I voted for Obama. Given what I know now, i'd still vote for Obama. He hasn't been perfect, but he's been far from terrible.

John McCain might not have been terrible. His running mate, however, would be trying to invade Hawaii. Given that Palin was our earliest evidence of his decision-making capabilities, I don't think we'd be doing so well had he won the election.

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If the election were held today, 64% of voters would be very surprised since they expect it to be held the first Tuesday in November. (The remaining 36% are the clueless people who appear on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" and "Street Smarts.")

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Being non partisan, I am only allowed to vote in national elections not primaries, so...
I am also an independent, and here in MD we are not allowed to vote in primaries (a stupid rule, if ever there was one).
Same here. I had always been independent, but I declared myself summer'08 specifically to vote for Hillary in the primaries (for all the good it did...).
John McCain might not have been terrible. His running mate, however, would be trying to invade Hawaii. Given that Palin was our earliest evidence of his decision-making capabilities, I don't think we'd be doing so well had he won the election.
You took the words out of my mouth with this one!
:tongue:

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've supported Hillary for President since 1990 (two years before Bill's election... I followed her legal career and always thought she was likely to be the first woman president). I still support her and would vote for her over anyone. I agree with one of the previous posters who said she has bigger balls than the current administration :)

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
YOU constantly blurt out outlandish accusations and decry big government, etc. ad nauseum... you NEVER provide hard facts or evidence, you never have a real and grounded grasp of what you're speaking (no matter the topic) and you resort to name calling when people bitch-slap you and correctly point out you are wrong, WITH facts and figures.

hahahah WOW, this could be a tag line for FAUX NEWS network !!!

HH

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Most of those "accomplishments" have been disasters. Cash for Clunkers was a huge mistake. If you were honest you would know that. but you aren't and never have been.

cash for clunkers was a success? barack and Pelosi are selling out amaerica.:confused: they've even had to bribe senators (with tax payer money) to pass a health care bill that is the biggest load of shit yet. Don't even get me started with Copenhagen. more payoffs to the tune of 100 billion over ten years to third world countries so they can better compete with us. WTF ? "Le me make myself clear" get your head out of your ass!

YES Cash for Clunkers was a big success. I could provide facts from dailykos, Huffingtonpost or some other Brilliant leftist blog & you could quote some Neo-con biased blog but the FACTS (I know, I know and do hope you took your allergy meds) courtesy of CONSUMERREPORTS.org are this :

Cash for clunkers: The final results

Final numbers are in for the so-called “cash for clunkers” program, and by most measures, the program looks like a roaring success:

• 690,114 cars were purchased under the program; two-thirds of those bought by consumers were passenger cars
  • The average rebate was $4,170.18, for a total of $2.878 billion. The rest of the $3 billion budget will cover administrative expenses.
  • The average new car bought with the rebates got 9.2 mpg more than the average clunker traded in, for an annual average fuel savings per driver of 277 gallons of fuel or about $720.
  • The Department of Transportation credits the program with saving 42,000 jobs in the auto industry and says it expects those jobs will be sustainable, because automakers have ramped up production to meet the clunkers demand.
  • Notably, 690,114 older cars were taken off the road, including 450,778 SUVs and other light trucks that likely lacked electronic stability control and other modern safety equipment. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has estimated that making ESC standard on new cars would save as many as 10,000 lives a year. This program has taken a significant step toward that goal.

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Qqq
YES Cash for Clunkers was a big success. I could provide facts from dailykos, Huffingtonpost or some other Brilliant leftist blog & you could quote some Neo-con biased blog but the FACTS (I know, I know and do hope you took your allergy meds) courtesy of CONSUMERREPORTS.org are this :

Cash for clunkers: The final results

Final numbers are in for the so-called “cash for clunkers” program, and by most measures, the program looks like a roaring success:

• C for C was an economic mistake. for one thing it elevated one industry over others which is patently unfair. Second new car sales plummeted well below previous months when it ended, so what really happened was people who planning to buy cars anyway simply got a huge break. Thirdly, many if the cars destroyed had significant useful time left. It always better to exhaust the useful life of a tool than it is to throw it away.

Btw the jobs supposedly saved were not. The cars bought were already built. Since new car sales fell markedly at the end of C for C, no real additional units were produced.

It was unfair, wasteful, and a true mistake.
  • 690,114 cars were purchased under the program; two-thirds of those bought by consumers were passenger cars
  • The average rebate was $4,170.18, for a total of $2.878 billion. The rest of the $3 billion budget will cover administrative expenses.
  • The average new car bought with the rebates got 9.2 mpg more than the average clunker traded in, for an annual average fuel savings per driver of 277 gallons of fuel or about $720.
  • The Department of Transportation credits the program with saving 42,000 jobs in the auto industry and says it expects those jobs will be sustainable, because automakers have ramped up production to meet the clunkers demand.
  • Notably, 690,114 older cars were taken off the road, including 450,778 SUVs and other light trucks that likely lacked electronic stability control and other modern safety equipment. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has estimated that making ESC standard on new cars would save as many as 10,000 lives a year. This program has taken a significant step toward that goal.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There is a false assumption that the candidate for President makes the choice of running mate. The truth is that all the candidate does is to rubber stamp the candidate of his party. Anything else is simple fantasy. From the beginning a Presidential candidate his hamstrung by the requirements of their party and this applies to both parties.

I am NOT a fan of Mr. Obama, and I fully expected the first year of Obama to be what it has been. In my personal opinion I feel him to be too prone to negotiation and not as strong at holding his ground as he should be.

At the same time I look at what a McCain and Palin Administration would have looked like and maybe functioned like. Mr McCain may have done a fine job, but, it became obvious early on that Ms. Palin's personal life was definitely not a Republican model of conservatism. Her repeated verbal utterings also began to paint a picture that was most unflattering and placed doubt in my personal mind when it came to her competency in the case she had to assume the Presidency.

I look at the Obama Administration and those who comprise it. Obama is a grass roots negotiator who was effective in the limited capacity in which he had served over the years. Joe Biden the chosen running mate again had a gift for negotiation and though both men are gifted with this skill, this skill alone does not guarantee an effective administration.

As First Lady Michelle Obama will I believe distinguish herself. She will be more than an ornamental "housewife" who just happens to live in the White House.

Personally I did vote for Obama, not because I felt Obama to be the best, but because I felt him to be the lesser of two evils. McCain was a maybe, but the minute that Sarah Palin was placed on the ticket and played the role of the "indignant soccer Mom" I was honestly very turned off to most things she said. What she did repeatedly was to illustrate how totally unqualified she was for the job.

In truth with regards to the effectiveness the Obama Administration has been the most embattled Presidential Administration since that of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. FDR inherited a mess very much like what we have now. The main difference was that in his case everything had been allowed to reach total collapse and he had simply no choice but to "spend the country out of the depression". Personally, I am not in complete agreement with some of the things including "Cash for Clunkers", but the reality is that the President of the United States has far more information than I can ever hope to get as a standard issue U.S. taxpayer and he makes his decisions based on information that I am not privvy to.

One of the largest failures we have ever seen was that of the previous 8-year administration. I personally fault the perevious administration with the economic mess we have now. The wars overseas are small peanuts when played against the economy of the United States and to some degree the world around us. Decisions made on the economy have results that reach other countries and either bolster or crash those economies as well.

The only thing that will tell us if we were right or wrong will be the history we write over the next four and maybe eight years. If the sitting President does everything correctly, major economic improvement for the United States is going to take his entire first term in office. In fact, I see this economic crisis lasting at least 8 years and it would not have mattered who inherited the White House simply based on the time in history.

If I had it to do over again? If the choices were the same I would have to make the same decision. I personally would have rather seen Obama as a Vice President and Hillary Rodham Clinton as the President simply because she is by nature a voracious fighter who will stand up for what she believes and NEVER back down from a fight.

D

deleted15807

.........Hillary Rodham Clinton as the President simply because she is by nature a voracious fighter who will stand up for what she believes and NEVER back down from a fight.

That very characteristic is what helped doom HillaryCare to which see commented after it's defeat:

"I learned some valuable lessons about the legislative process, the importance of bipartisan cooperation and the wisdom of taking small steps to get a big job done," she said, referring to the 1994 defeat of her health care plan.

The Evolution of Hillary Clinton - New York Times

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
After the previous 8 years, I would have voted for a Beagle if that's who was running on the Democratic ticket. And then, after they made Sarah Palin the VP pick, I would have voted for a farm animal if that was the alternative to having her anywhere near the presidency.

And FuzzyKen, that is a well written and well thought out post. It's enjoyable to read something like that.

Last edited:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd vote for Obama again.

If he's accomplished nothing else in his first year he's accomplished the restoration of the good name of the United States to much of the world. In my opinion it was his first and probably most difficult undertaking since so much damage had been done by the previous President.

Good foreign relations is a foundation on which we can begin to rebuild a worldwide respect for these United States. "The cowboy's dead" (thank Christ!)

Wyldgusechaz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd vote for Obama again.

If he's accomplished nothing else in his first year he's accomplished the restoration of the good name of the United States to much of the world. In my opinion it was his first and probably most difficult undertaking since so much damage had been done by the previous President.

Good foreign relations is a foundation on which we can begin to rebuild a worldwide respect for these United States. "The cowboy's dead" (thank Christ!)

Yes that is his real only accomplishment. He apologized for America and what has that wrought? Nuclear ambition in Iran, a nuclear detonation in North Korea, and China and India thumbing their noses at global warming. I feel so good about all those things don't you?