If the election were today who would you vote for?

Who would you support in the election?

• Al Gore

Votes: 46 14.9%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 62 20.1%
  • Jeb Bush

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • John Kerry

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • John McCain

Votes: 28 9.1%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 86 27.9%
  • Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 54 17.5%

• Total voters

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
No, I was just curious. Thanks for the answer, it's as good a reason as any.
I'm undecided, but I'd like to see a Hilary/Obama ticket. It's not about their genders or races. I remember when Geraldine Ferrara (however you spell that stupid bitch's name) was all the rage, I had no interest in her. I think Condoleeza is a twat.

I like Hilary's experience, age and she has a quality of being unflappable that I like. I believe she'll pay more attention to America than foreign interests too.

Obama just makes me feel hopeful. He hasn't been sullied by dirty politicking yet and he still has ideals. He probably hasn't been slapped around enough yet to be prez, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that if he was vice, he'd actually DO things, which would be nice. (By "do things" I mean things that actually benefit our country. There's do doubt that cheney does things, but those are the kinds of things I'd like to see eliminated).

My big time (far fetched) hope once upon a time was Barbara Jordan. Now it's Shelby Steele.

Never happen though.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hillary gives downright HORRIBLE speaches and will give the industrial military complex anything they shall want. She is a Hawk and this country doesn't need it's own Margaret Thatcher, she is gunning for Iran alongside the Republicans! So, even though she is BRUTALLY intelligent and has a shitload of experience, I would not vote for her if I had a choice (North carolina doesn't get much of a primary).

Barak Obama inspires me, and I would follow him into battle any day! Edwards has had my heart for the nomination since the last election, he has been campaigning with Paul Hacket (vice president?), and they would be the BEST LOOKING ticket we have ever had... it is a shame that he has said publicly that he WOULD NOT accept a vice presidential position.

I am scared for Obama though... if he runs and doesn't win, his political career will have been over before it even really started... he has SO MUCH potential as a candidate that I hope he either wins the whole damn thing, accepts a winning vice presidential bid, or bows out with grace after New Hampshire. Guiliani just said today that he wants to be a president in the style of George Bush... he is a douchebag and needs to be stopped at all costs!!

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
No, I was just curious. Thanks for the answer, it's as good a reason as any.

I'm undecided, but I'd like to see a Hilary/Obama ticket. It's not about their genders or races. I remember when Geraldine Ferrara (however you spell that stupid bitch's name) was all the rage, I had no interest in her. I think Condoleeza is a twat.

I like Hilary's experience, age and she has a quality of being unflappable that I like. I believe she'll pay more attention to America than foreign interests too.

Obama just makes me feel hopeful. He hasn't been sullied by dirty politicking yet and he still has ideals. He probably hasn't been slapped around enough yet to be prez, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that if he was vice, he'd actually DO things, which would be nice. (By "do things" I mean things that actually benefit our country. There's do doubt that cheney does things, but those are the kinds of things I'd like to see eliminated).

Obama's impressive. For real.

dems08

Loved Member
Media
I think Obama is smart to strike while the iron is hot. If he wins the primary over Hillary, he will be the next president. And that's a good thing.

D

deleted13797

For all of you who think you are too cool to vote because you don't agree 100% with the person running for office, you handed this country over to Bush. Do you think for a second there is no difference between Gore and this crowd? America has slid back in to the stone-age in the last 5 years so if you don't care to vote shut the fuck up, you are worse than mold on shit.

Fuck you asshole.

D

deleted13797

And obama's the least evil of the ones here. Hillary and McCain are both scary warmongers. Romney might be decent too.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hillary gives downright HORRIBLE speaches and will give the industrial military complex anything they shall want. She is a Hawk and this country doesn't need it's own Margaret Thatcher, she is gunning for Iran alongside the Republicans! So, even though she is BRUTALLY intelligent and has a shitload of experience, I would not vote for her if I had a choice (North carolina doesn't get much of a primary).

I have to agree that she is probably more likely to support war than I would like. That's the main thing I've been seeing lately that has me leaning more toward Obama's camp. It will be interesting to see how this primary unfolds, I can't remember a campaign starting this early before.

Barak Obama inspires me, and I would follow him into battle any day! Edwards has had my heart for the nomination since the last election, he has been campaigning with Paul Hacket (vice president?), and they would be the BEST LOOKING ticket we have ever had... it is a shame that he has said publicly that he WOULD NOT accept a vice presidential position.

People say a lot of things at the beginning, Obama originally said he wouldn't run. I wouldn't hold anyone's feet to the fire too much there, who knows what they'll do when it all shakes out.

I am scared for Obama though... if he runs and doesn't win, his political career will have been over before it even really started... he has SO MUCH potential as a candidate that I hope he either wins the whole damn thing, accepts a winning vice presidential bid, or bows out with grace after New Hampshire. Guiliani just said today that he wants to be a president in the style of George Bush... he is a douchebag and needs to be stopped at all costs!!

Guiliana scares the shit out of me. I think he'd have a great chance of winning if he gets the nomination, and I think we'd be in for exactly what he promises.

Media
This is a very interesting election for me, I like a lot of the front runners. Its likely going to depend on who the running mate is for whoever get the democratic and republican ticket. I'm a democrat but love Guilliani being from New York, I also respect John McCain but disapprove of his support for the troop surge. I'm hoping Gore runs but its unlikely, death to ManBearPig!

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a friend in Albuquerque who tells me this guy is pretty good
That's odd. I have a cousin in Albuquerque who says he's failed the state in many ways. Of course a cousin in Truchas swears by him. I have no cousins in Alamogardo anymore so they don't get a say in this--wonder if Pablo the barkeep is still there.

Cousins--I just don;'t know what to make of them.