If they discovered a "gay" gene would the public disdain of gay people disappear?

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Didn't Jerry Falwell say that gays were somehow responsible for 9-11?

If a gay gene were to exist, we could then confirm that gay men and women were biologically programmed to destroy societies?:eek:

I knew it: the drag queens brought down the Twin Towers!

Many religious still really have it in for gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgendered persons. In doing so, they reinforce the taboo nature of homosexuality and transgenderism in our society. Shame on them!:mad::redface:

I'm getting angry...

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If they discovered a gay gene the religious orders who currently try to use the the "unnatural deviation" grounds would simply have to retreat and consolidate forces behind the "immoral and detrimental to society" area.

purist303

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well Jason, thankyou for the reply. Complete twaddle though. You, like so many, seem to give yourself too much credit in existing. No point arguing with someone who doesn't agree with the laws of genetics and natural selection though, so I won't waste my time. As for my Professor, well I'm more inclined to agree with an educated man. Go and read some Richard Dawkins.

Well Jason, thankyou for the reply. Complete twaddle though. You, like so many, seem to give yourself too much credit in existing. No point arguing with someone who doesn't agree with the laws of genetics and natural selection though, so I won't waste my time. As for my Professor, well I'm more inclined to agree with an educated man. Go and read some Richard Dawkins.

What I stated is completely and wholly valid.

What you stated is not.

I am disappointed that you feel the need to make this argument personal.

Perhaps you should read some Gould.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Would people view and treat homosexuals differently?
Perhaps, but look at all the other hatred and bigotry that are directed toward people for genetic traits over which they have no control. People would still hate homosexuals for being gay whether the gay person has a choice about it or not. Sad, but true. Considering that the world is a mess and , in many ways, going in the wrong direction, we should work to bring everyone together instead of tearing everyone apart. I may be a dreamer, but I'll never give up hope!

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
If there is a gay gene found the great and the good of society (read: incredibly wealthy) will have another request to add to their list for the designer baby they would want genetically engineered for them.

purist303

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What I stated is completely and wholly valid.

What you stated is not.

I am disappointed that you feel the need to make this argument personal.

Perhaps you should read some Gould.

Mine is wholly valid, you seem to be making things up from the top of your head. How can you say what I stated is not valid, there is no evidence to disprove it, only to entertain other notions of causality. What education do you posses to negate the work of a man who dedicated his life to science? I couln't care less what you say, but I'd like to know what makes you think you are cleverer or more privvy to the "facts" than this man?
As for Gould, interesting man, but I prefer the Attenboroughs and of course the anthropologist Desmond Morris (who came to my home and interviewed me on national televison when I was 14 coincidentally)

D

deleted15807

Perhaps, but look at all the other hatred and bigotry that are directed toward people for genetic traits over which they have no control. People would still hate homosexuals for being gay whether the gay person has a choice about it or not. Sad, but true. Considering that the world is a mess and , in many ways, going in the wrong direction, we should work to bring everyone together instead of tearing everyone apart. I may be a dreamer, but I'll never give up hope!

There is something in the human ancestral evolution that makes humans dislike those that are different. Society exerts enormous pressure on those who are different to fall in line.

Mine is wholly valid, you seem to be making things up from the top of your head. How can you say what I stated is not valid, there is no evidence to disprove it, only to entertain other notions of causality. What education do you posses to negate the work of a man who dedicated his life to science? I couln't care less what you say, but I'd like to know what makes you think you are cleverer or more privvy to the "facts" than this man?
As for Gould, interesting man, but I prefer the Attenboroughs and of course the anthropologist Desmond Morris (who came to my home and interviewed me on national televison when I was 14 coincidentally)

You couldn't care less what I say but then want to know something I think? Wonderful way to entreat someone to give you something you desire.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

No, it's not. I have an education as well. So what?
It clearly looks like you have fallen into that trap that most people fall into and that is believing the answers that someone else wants you to believe instead of finding your own and you are clinging fast and immovable to it when someone else challenges it. This is the sign of someone who considers themselves too smart to continue their learning and understanding of anything else or any other point of view or idea. Which, simply put, is pretty stupid.

So you were interviewed on national TV at 14. Big deal. So was I.
I also invented a revolutionary generator. So what?
I'm also developing an add-on hydrogen system for use in today's vehicles. Big deal.

Just because someone devoted their whole life to science doesn't mean they were right. History has proven that thousands of times over. And what you fail to realize is that all of us are "privvy" to any facts we decide to go searching for.

Free thinking atheists?? There is no such thing. If atheists could think, they wouldn't be atheists.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If Einstein could prove the Newton had it wrong... which he did, then no statement by any scientist is anything but an approximately accurate opinion.

The coolest thing about science is that EVERY theory is subject to attack... and every theory open to disproof.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sounds good in theory...but last i heard peoples skin color and gender and encoded in DNA and it does not stop ignorant fucks from hating.

Unfortunately, as long as human being have free will...there will be some sort of prejudice :frown1:

purist303

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, it's not. I have an education as well. So what?
It clearly looks like you have fallen into that trap that most people fall into and that is believing the answers that someone else wants you to believe instead of finding your own and you are clinging fast and immovable to it when someone else challenges it. This is the sign of someone who considers themselves too smart to continue their learning and understanding of anything else or any other point of view or idea. Which, simply put, is pretty stupid.

So you were interviewed on national TV at 14. Big deal. So was I.
I also invented a revolutionary generator. So what?
I'm also developing an add-on hydrogen system for use in today's vehicles. Big deal.

Just because someone devoted their whole life to science doesn't mean they were right. History has proven that thousands of times over. And what you fail to realize is that all of us are "privvy" to any facts we decide to go searching for.

Free thinking atheists?? There is no such thing. If atheists could think, they wouldn't be atheists.

I take it you're a religious man then? Clearly a lost cause in that case and no matter how clever you are, believing in a deity will forever show you to be weak-minded. This is supposed to be about the cause of homosexuality, you don't even mention it, just big yourself up in an effort to discredit me. Stay on topic or stay hushed is how I feel.
God? Please...

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
there is agene that makes people a specific gay, but there is no gay gene, the same gene that makes woman attracted to men, and when it is more prevalent in a someones genes, the boy child being born is more likely to be born gay. it is also true that the woman with this gene, have more children than the woman who don't have this gene.

Another thing is that if we were to remove or lower this gene in people, it would simply mean more lesbians, which means that curing one type of gay, would simply create more of the other, which also happens to create imbalance which may be a bad thing.

found this on various studies posted on the net, i will post links when i find them

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
however there may be a transexuals are diffrent, cross gender people are usually a result of CGN, which also has may straight people suffering(may be the wrong word) from it. about 25% of children with this cross gender issue(so to speak) turn out as straight people who also just want to be the opp. sex

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
2.5 bn years of evolution, do you think that mother nature would have not made it extinct already, if it didn't see a reason for it? it happens all over nature nothing new, and mother nature would not make a mistake about this Homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it is also in the study now, that the female genitalia, especially in apes, humans too, seems to be designed specially for lesbian pleasure, why would this be?

there is plenty evidence that homosexuals seem to have diffrences to straight people that are biological

differences in brain shape, which may explain why gays are more creative, and why societies which accept homosexuals usually fair much better than those which don't Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex - sex - 16 June 2008 - New Scientist
Physiological differences in gay men and lesbians

Recent studies have found notable differences between the physiology of gay people and non-gay people. There is evidence that:

• The average size of the INAH-3 in the brains of gay men is approximately the same size as INAH 3 in women, which is significantly smaller, and the cells more densely packed, than in heterosexual men's brains.[3]
  • The suprachiasmatic nucleus was found by Swaab and Hopffman to be larger in gay men than in non-gay men,[70] the suprachiasmatic nucleus is also known to be larger in men than in women.[71]
  • The anterior commissure is larger in women than men and was reported to be larger in gay men than in non-gay men,[72] but a subsequent study found no such difference.[73]
  • Gay men report, on an average, slightly longer and thicker penises than non-gay men.[74]:biggrin1:
  • Gay men's brains respond differently to fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.[75]
  • The functioning of the inner ear and the central auditory system in lesbians and bisexual women are more like the functional properties found in men than in non-gay women (the researchers argued this finding was consistent with the prenatal hormonal theory of sexual orientation).[76]
  • The startle response (eyeblink following a loud sound) is similarly masculinized in lesbians and bisexual women.[77]
  • Three regions of the brain (medial prefrontal cortex, left hippocampus, and right amygdala) are more active in gay men than non-gay men when exposed to sexually arousing material.[78]
  • Gay and non-gay people emit different armpit odors.[79]
  • Gay men are more likely to have a counter-clockwise hair whorl pattern.[80]
  • Gay and non-gay people's brains respond differently to two human sex pheromones (AND, found in male armpit secretions, and EST, found in female urine).[81][82][83]
  • Finger length ratios between the index and ring fingers may be different between non-gay and lesbian women.[84][85][76][86][87][88]

[edit] Cognitive differences in gay men and lesbians

Recent studies suggest the presence of subtle differences in the way gay people and non-gay people process certain kinds of information. Researchers have found that:

• Gay men and lesbians are significantly more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous than are non-gay men and women;[89][90][91] Simon LeVay argues that because "[h]and preference is observable before birth[92]... [t]he observation of increased non-right-handness in gay people is therefore consistent with the idea that sexual orientation is influenced by prenatal processes," perhaps heredity.[3]
  • Gay men[93] and lesbians are more verbally fluent than heterosexuals of the same sex[94][95][96] (but two studies did not find this result).[97][98]
  • Gay men may receive higher scores than non-gay men on tests of object location memory (no difference was found between lesbians and non-gay women).[99]

[edit] Fraternal birth order

Main article: Fraternal birth order and sexual orientation
There is evidence from numerous studies that homosexual men tend to have more older brothers than do heterosexual men, known as the "fraternal birth order effect."[100][101] One reported that each older brother increases the odds of being gay by 33%.[102] The fraternal birth order effect is the strongest known predictor of sexual orientation.[103] Interestingly, this relation seems to hold only for right-handed males.[104][105] There has been no observed equivalent for women.[106] Peter Bearman repeated the experiments, but found no correlation between older brothers and male homosexuality and questions the sampling methods used.[107]
The effect has been found even in males not raised with their biological brothers, suggesting an in-utero environmental causation.[103] To explain this finding, a maternal immune response has been hypothesized.[101] Male fetuses produce H-Y antigens which may be involved in the sexual differentiation of vertebrates.[101] Other studies have suggested the influence of birth order was not due to a biological, but a social process.[108]

The only thing that should be worked on in society, is allowing gays to have their own children, this could be done in one of many ways, many of which will also become available in the next few years. many british gays are already raising children thanks to IVF and donar wombs

Supersized

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This theory will make things worse for gays. Historically, bigots will appeal to mother nature to justify their behavior. This gettoizes gays by establishing that they are biologically different from the rest of the polpulation. Hitler did the same thing with his aryan race and selective breeding. Next thing you know, people will try to eliminate this imaginary gay gene from the human gene pool. Things like sterilization, abortion, out right murder (genetic cleansing) will start to creep up.

Last edited:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

Is that why you seem to dislike people who are different from you?
I'm not terribly impressed but do tell all the facts of why he came to see little ole you.
cigarbabe:saevil: