If ur 1/2 of a COUPLE, are you the BEAUTY or BEAST 1/2?

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ok this is my last thread till after xmas, this one should help sales of zoloft.

the idea for it came to me after a party my partner and I went to last nite, and I was fielding a ton of compliments from friends on his appearance. Now I'm not vain, but always considered myself a fairly fit, good looking guy but after last nite i realize...... i'm the beast 1/2 in our relationship, and i'm ok with that.

I know it will be tempting for all hetero couples to think masculine is always the beast, but I've seen plenty of couples where the guy is definitely the beauty and the girl is one hell of a beast.

we're just talking physical appearance, don't give me any bullshit about inner beauty or personality traits. your answer should be whatever the takeaway from any stranger walking up and making a 15 sec assessment.

be honest or you'll get a lump of coal.

damn i was going to add a poll but apparently i can't type fast enough to beat the clock on that one.

Last edited:

Brensta

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
On pure looks Id say im judged as the beast, man is definitely friendlier looking than I, plus he's built like me, but just shorter.

Oh how things change when we hit the sack...

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ok this is my last thread till after xmas, this one should help sales of zoloft.

the idea for it came to me after a party my partner and I went to last nite, and I was fielding a ton of compliments from friends on his appearance. Now I'm not vain, but always considered myself a fairly fit, good looking guy but after last nite i realize...... i'm the beast 1/2 in our relationship, and i'm ok with that.

I know it will be tempting for all hetero couples to think masculine is always the beast, but I've seen plenty of couples where the guy is definitely the beauty and the girl is one hell of a beast.

we're just talking physical appearance, don't give me any bullshit about inner beauty or personality traits. your answer should be whatever the takeaway from any stranger walking up and making a 15 sec assessment.

be honest or you'll get a lump of coal.

hard to believe your partner took all the compliments. you know you've always been a beauty in my eyes. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
On pure looks Id say im judged as the beast, man is definitely friendlier looking than I, plus he's built like me, but just shorter.

Oh how things change when we hit the sack...

u know i think u hit the nail on the head for us too.

my default facial expression can look kind of hard-ass if i'm not smiling or laughing, and when i add a goatee, my approachability factor drops to "0". whereas my bf looks like he's smiling even when he sleeps, and has hair that looks like a rumpled puppy no matter what he does to it. mind u it was a mixed crowd and girls go ape for that shit (so do i)

Last edited:

Brensta

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
u know i think u hit the nail on the head for us too.

my default facial expression can look kind of hard-ass if i'm not smiling or laughing, and when i add a goatee, my approachability factor drops to "0". whereas my bf looks like he's smiling even when he sleeps, and has hair that looks like a rumpled puppy no matter what he does to it. mind u it was a mixed crowd and girls go ape for that shit (so do i)

I look like a bit of a country Thug, especially if I've been lazy when shaving, I can provide an evil glare like a professional too :)

One of the side effects of the beast look too is that I've had the occasional woman try to pick me up even with Robbie standing right next to me (he has had the same). I think he gets more, he definitely its the cuter of the two of us, plus he doesn't make any effort to hide what he is packing

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Not in a relationship now, but the last? The beauty...my partner could care less if his shirt was on backwards...lol, but he was very nice, sweet and always looked a bit lost. Not that I dress to the nine, but were I work I have to look professional -- and when going out, I tend to go for something more 'sexy' less 'confining' and all that.

Do I get a pressie??

Happy Holidays thadjock! I can't imagine you with a big 'grrrr' on your face....lol ;)

D_yexysoy

Just Browsing
Media
Not in a relationship now, but the last? The beauty...my partner could care less if his shirt was on backwards...lol, but he was very nice, sweet and always looked a bit lost. Not that I dress to the nine, but were I work I have to look professional -- and when going out, I tend to go for something more 'sexy' less 'confining' and all that.

Do I get a pressie??

Happy Holidays thadjock! I can't imagine you with a big 'grrrr' on your face....lol ;)

of COURSE you'd be the beauty, woman! But he said looks..does how you dress count?

I think I must be the beauty, even if I'm not remotely quiet or sweet for the most part. My hubby is a big scary firefighter though, but he gets alot of attention as well. The more I think about it..I might be the beast! Well..hey, I do have horns in the pic, that might have something to do with it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm always Belle, the Beauty. Not that I haven't had handsome boyfriends; but I make it a point never to date a man prettier than me. :cool::biggrin1:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
...my partner could care less if his shirt was on backwards...

ya that's me, i hate clothes in general so i wear as few as possible and I'm very minimalist when it comes to maintenance & grooming. My man isn't a high maintenance *metro* but he does make a bigger effort in his appearance and "look" than i do. even if we're just goin out in jeans and tshirts he'll try on 6 shirts b4 he finds one that works for him, I"ll put on the first one i find laying on the floor,couch or doorknob that doesn't smell bad, it might not even be mine.

It's true, these days i have a really big grin on my face all the time, life is good.

happy holidays to u 2 billijean, hope santa brought you a sackful,

and PS you could never be anything other than the beauty.

Straight82

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
for now, id probably say im the beauty, the gf is a little more than what she would like to weigh, and her self confidence suffers alot because of it.. likes to blame alot of things on her weight, problem is, theres something wrong with her that prevents her from losing weight, so anytime i loose anything, it makes her feel even worse,,,

its a viscious cycle

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the gf is a little more than what she would like to weigh, and her self confidence suffers alot because of it.. likes to blame alot of things on her weight,
its a viscious cycle

ya, and what's suprising to me is the number of guys who have been infected with the same body image neurosis.

I have more than one masculine str8 friend who will limit thier pizza (or whatever food) intake if we're going out driniking later because pizza and beer both have carbs and they're "watching their carbs"

granted i have a garbage disposal metabolism, and nothing really sticks on me, and i understand the desire to be healthy and fit, but i enjoy the communal act of sharing food & drink with friends to be bound by restrictions, just becasue i want my abs more ripped or my ass to be harder. just add an extra mile to ur run the next day or whatever, but don't be a martyr to vanity.

and PS: tell ur girl, curvy women are way sexier than the "stick figure with hair" types.

Last edited: