If ur 1/2 of a COUPLE, are you the BEAUTY or BEAST 1/2?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by thadjock, Dec 24, 2009.

1. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    ok this is my last thread till after xmas, this one should help sales of zoloft.

the idea for it came to me after a party my partner and I went to last nite, and I was fielding a ton of compliments from friends on his appearance. Now I'm not vain, but always considered myself a fairly fit, good looking guy but after last nite i realize...... i'm the beast 1/2 in our relationship, and i'm ok with that.

I know it will be tempting for all hetero couples to think masculine is always the beast, but I've seen plenty of couples where the guy is definitely the beauty and the girl is one hell of a beast.

we're just talking physical appearance, don't give me any bullshit about inner beauty or personality traits. your answer should be whatever the takeaway from any stranger walking up and making a 15 sec assessment.

be honest or you'll get a lump of coal.

damn i was going to add a poll but apparently i can't type fast enough to beat the clock on that one.

#1 thadjock, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think we're both pretty good-looking.

3. Brensta

Gold Member

Albums:
    On pure looks Id say im judged as the beast, man is definitely friendlier looking than I, plus he's built like me, but just shorter.

Oh how things change when we hit the sack...

4. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:

hard to believe your partner took all the compliments. you know you've always been a beauty in my eyes. Merry Christmas!

#4 slurper_la, Dec 24, 2009
  5. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    u know i think u hit the nail on the head for us too.

my default facial expression can look kind of hard-ass if i'm not smiling or laughing, and when i add a goatee, my approachability factor drops to "0". whereas my bf looks like he's smiling even when he sleeps, and has hair that looks like a rumpled puppy no matter what he does to it. mind u it was a mixed crowd and girls go ape for that shit (so do i)

#5 thadjock, Dec 24, 2009
  6. Brensta

Gold Member

Albums:
    I look like a bit of a country Thug, especially if I've been lazy when shaving, I can provide an evil glare like a professional too :)

One of the side effects of the beast look too is that I've had the occasional woman try to pick me up even with Robbie standing right next to me (he has had the same). I think he gets more, he definitely its the cuter of the two of us, plus he doesn't make any effort to hide what he is packing

7. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

Big gnarly hairy humpback beast

8. dolfette

Gold Member

beauty.

obviously.

9. NotSoDumb_Blonde

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Not in a relationship now, but the last? The beauty...my partner could care less if his shirt was on backwards...lol, but he was very nice, sweet and always looked a bit lost. Not that I dress to the nine, but were I work I have to look professional -- and when going out, I tend to go for something more 'sexy' less 'confining' and all that.

Do I get a pressie??

Happy Holidays thadjock! I can't imagine you with a big 'grrrr' on your face....lol ;)

10. wallyj84

Gold Member

Beast. I'm always the beast.

11. D_yexysoy

D_yexysoy New Member

of COURSE you'd be the beauty, woman! But he said looks..does how you dress count?

I think I must be the beauty, even if I'm not remotely quiet or sweet for the most part. My hubby is a big scary firefighter though, but he gets alot of attention as well. The more I think about it..I might be the beast! Well..hey, I do have horns in the pic, that might have something to do with it.

12. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am the beast.
    Merry cristmass all.

13. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm the beauty, he's the beast... but we're both attractive. He's a bodybuilder, I'm very effeminate. I'm 5'1, he's 5'9.... friends call me the queen.
    That's all.

14. Principessa

Gold Member

I'm always Belle, the Beauty. Not that I haven't had handsome boyfriends; but I make it a point never to date a man prettier than me. :cool::biggrin1:

15. MalakingTiti

Gold Member

Albums:
    She is a real beauty, so if were talking zero sum, I guess I would be the beast by default, although people think I'm good looking. I don't see it though. I mean I don't think I'm ugly, but thats where it ends.

16. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    ya that's me, i hate clothes in general so i wear as few as possible and I'm very minimalist when it comes to maintenance & grooming. My man isn't a high maintenance *metro* but he does make a bigger effort in his appearance and "look" than i do. even if we're just goin out in jeans and tshirts he'll try on 6 shirts b4 he finds one that works for him, I"ll put on the first one i find laying on the floor,couch or doorknob that doesn't smell bad, it might not even be mine.

It's true, these days i have a really big grin on my face all the time, life is good.

happy holidays to u 2 billijean, hope santa brought you a sackful,

and PS you could never be anything other than the beauty.

17. Brensta

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hate clothes on you too Thad

18. Straight82

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    for now, id probably say im the beauty, the gf is a little more than what she would like to weigh, and her self confidence suffers alot because of it.. likes to blame alot of things on her weight, problem is, theres something wrong with her that prevents her from losing weight, so anytime i loose anything, it makes her feel even worse,,,

its a viscious cycle

19. Wrist_thick10

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a beast, and my lady is definitely the lovely beauty, but remember, beauty is only skin deep. But ugly is to the bone.:smile: lol

Attached Files:

20. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    ya, and what's suprising to me is the number of guys who have been infected with the same body image neurosis.

I have more than one masculine str8 friend who will limit thier pizza (or whatever food) intake if we're going out driniking later because pizza and beer both have carbs and they're "watching their carbs"

granted i have a garbage disposal metabolism, and nothing really sticks on me, and i understand the desire to be healthy and fit, but i enjoy the communal act of sharing food & drink with friends to be bound by restrictions, just becasue i want my abs more ripped or my ass to be harder. just add an extra mile to ur run the next day or whatever, but don't be a martyr to vanity.

and PS: tell ur girl, curvy women are way sexier than the "stick figure with hair" types.

#20 thadjock, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted