If you could be straight...

If you could magically turn straight, would you?

• Yes

Votes: 63 39.9%
  • No

Votes: 95 60.1%

• Total voters

Moez???

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This poll isn't meant to offend anyone, or make anyone defensive. This is just something I'm curious about.

See that life, in general, would probably be easier to some degree for a straight guy, how many of you out there, given that you have a magical fairy or some shit, would choose to be turned straight?

This obviously is directed toward homosexuals who don't find the opposite sex attractive, or attractive enough to the point where sexual intimacy can occur. obviously, a 50%/50% bisexual can just go for the opposite sex to avoid all the drama.

also, I know that life shouldn't be harder for homosexuals. I know that all the problems they do get is from other people. But you can't change the way other people feel.

So again, if you could choose, would you be straight?

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
obviously, a 50%/50% bisexual can just go for the opposite sex to avoid all the drama.

For some of us bi people, it is not that simple. We may be equally capable of relationships with both sexes, but that does not mean that we would feel fulfilled giving up the same-sex part of our sexuality.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Probably yes. Moreso when I was younger. I always thought I'd have a few kids, but the older I get the more it seems like that is also a hard row to hoe.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
When I was in high school and the idea of a world of healthy, happy gay men who had all the options available to them that straight people have seemed impossible, I would have said absolutely yes. But by the end of my Freshman year in college (although I continued to be actively bi for another 10 years) I would never have said it again.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm going to go no on this one. Maybe it's because I'm at a point in my life where I'm comfortable in my skin, but I wouldn't want to be anyone but myself. And myself is gay. =)

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not for a second.

I've never had any problems, either from myself or other people, about my being gay. I realize that probably puts me in a minority, but there it is.

I've had far too much fun and freedom as a gay man to ever wish it hasn't been so. Frankly, I imagine that if I'd been straight, my life would have been much more boring than it has been.

Fredro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Nope here. Not at all. Completely happy with who I turned out to be.

Now, I gotta ask the question - Straight guys - Given the opportunity, who here would choose to become gay?

Careym

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although I experience homophobia on a daily basis, I would not choose to be straight. I like the person that I have become and homosexuality is a big part of that person. I am not one who would ever try to "convert" anyone, frankly because I do not believe that is possible. I do not believe that a homosexual can be converted either.

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, you have to learn to accept and love yourself for who you are as a person, realize that you can't change it, and that life will get better for you. I don't believe in conversion either or any of that nonsense.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not for a second. I've never had any problems, either from myself or other people, about my being gay. I realize that probably puts me in a minority, but there it is. I've had far too much fun and freedom as a gay man to ever wish it hasn't been so. Frankly, I imagine that if I'd been straight, my life would have been much more boring than it has been.

Ditto.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nope here. Not at all. Completely happy with who I turned out to be. Now, I gotta ask the question - Straight guys - Given the opportunity, who here would choose to become gay?

I have one friend who I think secretly wishes he were gay--but he's not. I'm quite sure that all of my other straight friends are happy being straight. Unfortunately, not all of my gay friends are happy being gay, but of the ones who aren't happy being gay, none of them are Americans, Canadians, Australians, or Brits.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
''life a little less hard''.............lolllllllllllllll care to expand om that?........i might have wished to be str8 when younger now not so much it's part of who i am.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes but only if i could turn into a straight female....i love guys, i wouldnt want to give that love up just because i somehow could

Lol! I totally second that.

In all seriousness, I agree with a couple of guys who said that being younger and confused about your new self-discovery, you immediately want to reverse what is considered "different."

Once I grew up a little (and of course went through all the self-hate that comes standard) I realized that who I am never changed once. I just discovered more things about me that make me unique and not "ugly" or "shameful."

So I gladly say "NO!" I'll never change my percentage! Even if I could.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Pete, buddy, you are to all intents and purposes straight so I'm not sure why or how you're weighing in on this one.

I also think it's awfully sad that so far of 23 voting, fully 10 (9, if you discount my str8 friend above) have voted yes. I don't know whether it says something about how people view themselves or see the challenges life presents--and I'm honestly not being judgmental here--but it truly saddens me.

Last edited:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had to think about this one for a bit, but in the end I chose "No". There's a sense of freedom that comes with being gay that a straight man doesn't get to experience. The typical expectations held of men are usually forgotten when it comes to gay men. For example, I can listen to whatever kind of music I want without the fear of being labeled "gay" (every straight man's biggest fear). It's also easier to have intimate friendships with both genders as a gay man than it is for a straight man (typically anyway, I'm sure lots of you straight guys are really close with women as well).

So no, I'll proudly continue to listen to my Shakira, gossip with the women and play sports with the guys.

jerryhall

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hell no! I wouldn't get to have sex with guys if I were straight!

I remember a couple of years ago they came out with a bunch of articles about how men inherit their homosexuality genetically from their mothers. I immediately bought one of those t-shirts that says "Mom, Thanks for the Genes!"

Last edited: