If you could have any super power, what would it be?

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Maybe he's not joking. I've always kinda facied something similar tho not on so grandiose a scale. Say something like walkin up to this "handcapped" (should I use "disabled"?) kid in a wheelchair in some mall and shaking his hand. Then before his/her bewildered parents eyes he gets up...he's ok. Everyone rushes to find me, to see who it was who did this (because it all happened so fast...they can't quite remember) but I'm gone...hah!

He probably isn't joking. Having said that, I think that the joy of "power", is that you can be as selfless as you want.

If I could have 5 powers, you can bet that ONE of them would be the ability to heal others instantly. Since I only have the option of one or two.... well, you saw my pics. I didn't question Danny's choice, I merely wondered if it would be his FIRST choice for a power.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
fantastic question!!!

me being a total graphic novel geek.. this is right up my alley..

what do you choose? super agility? Healing? flight? super strenght?

hmmmmmmm...

I think it would be really cool to have 'Magnetos' powers.
to be able to control and manipulate all metal....

but I guess when it comes down to it...

if I could have anyones power.. it would have to be Wolverines,
Super Strength, Agility, Staimina, Healing, animal like senses. Bones coated w/ Adamantium, and of course the claws...
also.. he ages approx 1 year for every 10 of ours.. so he would live to be very old...
so yes...
I would have to choose wolverine..:biggrin1:
422px-UltLogan.jpg

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Healing sounds good at first, until you think about how many people would need to be healed, and how you would choose... :thinking:

Nah.

I think the most useful power would be mind-reading. But I'd have to be able to turn it off. I don't want to know what everyone is thinking. :tongue:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Healing sounds good at first, until you think about how many people would need to be healed, and how you would choose... :thinking:

Nah.

I think the most useful power would be mind-reading. But I'd have to be able to turn it off. I don't want to know what everyone is thinking. :tongue:

*thinks dirty thoughts*

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
*cough* nerd *cough*

Hell yeah I'm a nerd... actually I am more of a Geek.. see the difference is a nerd is someone that cannot really function in public, or have any sort of real communication with people.
A Geek is someone that is otherwise totally normal.. goes to the gym, has a nice job, a good circle of friends.. ect ect ect...
but a Geek has extremely nerdy compulsions..
for example.. I am a total star wars geek.. i LOVE star wars.. ( I collect Replica Lightsabers )
www.force-fx.com
I also geek over The Simpsons and Family Guy... I collect the toys. (of couse they stay protected in their origional packaging!)
So yes...
I am a total geek... that happens to be ok to look at :)
And I am proud

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Hell yeah I'm a nerd... actually I am more of a Geek.. see the difference is a nerd is someone that cannot really function in public, or have any sort of real communication with people.
A Geek is someone that is otherwise totally normal.. goes to the gym, has a nice job, a good circle of friends.. ect ect ect...
but a Geek has extremely nerdy compulsions..
for example.. I am a total star wars geek.. i LOVE star wars..
I also geek over The Simpsons and Family... I collect the toys. (of couse they stay protected in their origional packaging!)
So yes...
I am a total geek... that happens to be ok to look at :)
And I am proud

I was refering to dreamer20, and it was a joke.:tongue: :biggrin1:

I like the comics as well.

D

deleted26151

The power to influence other peoples thoughts, like Prof X

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
The power to influence other peoples thoughts, like Prof X

There is a controversy where this is concerned. He supposedly can only influence mutant minds. However if you had the Watcher's mental abilities you would put Charles to shame.:wink:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
There is a controversy where this is concerned. He supposedly can only influence mutant minds. However if you had the Watcher's mental abilities you would put Charles to shame.:wink:

Wait no longer.

That is a hoax. Xavier can influence any mind. Watch the movies, read the comic books. He used to make people forget when they saw the mutants in action.:tongue:

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wait no longer.

That is a hoax. Xavier can influence any mind. Watch the movies, read the comic books. He used to make people forget when they saw the mutants in action.:tongue:

He's also used his powers against sentinals, in X-Men 96 (which introduced the second crop or is it 3rd since we now have deadly genesis of X-Men) He stopped an entire town of normal people from butchering Nightcrawler.

When his Dark Side took him over for the second time he practically destroyed the Microverse.

There is ample evidence that his power effects just about everyone.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Wait no longer.

Xavier can influence any mind. Watch the movies, read the comic books. He used to make people forget when they saw the mutants in action.:tongue:

True. I was referring to the contradiction shown in the plot of Capt. America 174 & 175 where the writers only allowed him to control mutants with his abilties. In the Xmen series his powers were much greater.

The Watcher does have a much greater mental ability of course.

Watcher (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia