If you could have any super power, what would it be?

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
...the difference is a nerd is someone that cannot really function in public, or have any sort of real communication with people.

I'm trying very hard to find someone who would fit that description.

Other than George W. Bush, I just don't know.:confused:

DJG said:
I am a total star wars geek.. i LOVE star wars.. ( I collect Replica Lightsabers )
www.force-fx.com

Could you use "the force" to fix the link DJG?

So yes...
I am a total geek... that happens to be ok to look at :)
And I am proud
Yes. You are easy on the eyes and yet you seem to have a tortured look in your avatar. Were you being tattooed DJG?

lol dreamer20:biggrin1:

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
I'm trying very hard to find someone who would fit that description.

Other than George W. Bush, I just don't know.:confused:

Could you use "the force" to fix the link DJG?

Yes. You are easy on the eyes and yet you seem to have a tortured look in your avatar. Were you being tattooed DJG?

lol dreamer20:biggrin1:

hahaha.. "W"
anyway...
here is the correct link.
Welcome to www.Force-Fx.com One of the only places to get Force Fx Lightsaber in stock! Mace Windu Fx Anakin Fx

ON the topic of Nerds...
I was brought up in a JPL family.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

And I was exposed to some of the most brilliant minds of our times.. (in their fields)
But they were completely socially retarded.
Guys and gals that could chart the universe, or do complex equations in their heads... but they would run out of gas all the time because they didn't remeber that their cars had to be refueled..
does that make any sense?

And no. I wasn't getting tattooed in that pic, It was of my new webcam.. trying to figure out how to use it :)
DJG

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ah love this question. I'd want the power to be able to step into someone else's life for one day. Like I would be them for a day, and not just watch, but have some control over what I was doing like normal, then the next day I could be someone else. I would learn so much about everything that way.

I also would like to be able to travel through time. That would be great. And teleportation. And levitation.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Bah, the watcher is an alien.. they don't count.:tongue:

Been a loooong time since I read comic books and I used to read them a lot. But if memory serves me right, wasn't the Watcher only supposed to "watch"? Which if that's all he's ever done with all that power then it kinda makes him like... well, let me not wax political here.

But then as I can recall, he once not only watched but "showed" too. That is, he showed Reed Richards around an intergalactic warehouse of gagetry to "let" Richards pick out some dohickey-do so he could instantantly (and selectively) teleport only super villains to another dimension just in time for him to finish up marrying Sue Storm (Fantastic Four Annual - "The Wedding of Sue and Reed"). A right nifty way to suddenly bring an end to a plot gone haywire as I can recall.

In fact on thinking back, one of the reasons why I began growing weary of comics was because of characters like the Watcher, Dr. Strange, and Galactus, et. al. Seemed every other villian that came alone was omnipotent, every issue the greatest peril ever, the greatest battle ever (until next month)... it all got to be too much.

So I say better to have one small super power that be able to do anything. Being able to do anything must be an awful bore. Then all you end up doing is "watching". :wink:

vindicari

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The power to influence other peoples thoughts, like Prof X

i retract my last post and accept this. wish i could influence my wife. " say jim is this coat nice? yes honey." hmm i dont like it. are these boots nice? yes honey, naaaaaaaaaah they dont suit me. where do ya wanna go on holiday this year honey? JUST WHEREVER YOU SAY HONEY.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
So I say better to have one small super power that be able to do anything. Being able to do anything must be an awful bore. Then all you end up doing is "watching". :wink:

Having the Watcher's power would be boring in a comic book, yet so useful in reality. I was thinking small when I only wanted the combined powers of the FF and lockjaw in JeffBlack's prior thread. With the Watcher's powers I could create items through the power of thought alone. I wonder what I would do with irritating people? :rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to give myself a better wardrobe that a white gymslip and a blue cloak. I'll also bring all my lpsg friends together and throw a big party for you all using my powers. Wouldn't that be thrilling?:wink:

OKFarmer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Immortality kind of like The Highlander, but without the whole death via decapitation. Just think of it... someone "knows" they've killed you, get home, and there you are waiting with a S&W 500 (or whatever it takes to do your archenemy in).

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Having the Watcher's power would be boring in a comic book, yet so useful in reality. I was thinking small when I only wanted the combined powers of the FF and lockjaw in JeffBlack's prior thread. With the Watcher's powers I could create items through the power of thought alone. I wonder what I would do with irritating people? :rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to give myself a better wardrobe that a white gymslip and a blue cloak. I'll also bring all my lpsg friends together and throw a big party for you all using my powers. Wouldn't that be thrilling?:wink:

Only if we were all naked. Then we could all watch. :tongue:

yupp40

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Gahh! BIIGGG x-men geek here! I would have to pick the powers of Jean Grey/The Phoenix. On her own, Jean is omga level and without porf. Xavier's mind blocks, she would have always been extremely powerful. With the Phoenix........well, any comic geek knows it's power. It amplifes all Jean's powers and as the Phoenix of the White Crown, she can affect things on a molecular level (idk it the phoenix could always do that), travel to and affect all time lines, and some other things that i forgot. Jean and Phoenix are one now (Pheonix: Endsong), so Jean might always be thats powerful, althought idk what will happen with all of the phoenix's pieces (if she will get them all back, if it will be weakened, always be insane, or maybe marvel will bring jean back as omega level, but get rid of the phoenix completely ** i hope they don't, I lovee the phoenix!**) anyway, a small fraction of my x-men geekiness was just released, because as was said before, I function in the real world with regular people as geeks do, so i have no one to vent to. But ya. To make it short and simple, Jean Grey/The Phoenix!

yupp40

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
o, and prf. X can def. affect all minds, even alien. He was supposed to be the strongest telepath on earth, although I think Jean has/will surpass him.

JohnnyRoulette

Expert Member
Media
I recently started re-watching Heroes (LINK_HERE) and it got me thinking. Yes, I need to start watching new shows:biggrin1:

Either way, I found myself daydreaming about what it would be like to have a super power, something that was fully in your control.

I think I might enjoy the chance to have reality manipulation aka altering reality to fit my needs. Imagine being apple to make your favourite breakfast appear when you are hungry and lazy. Imagine removing the original AIDS virus from it's host before it infected humans. Options are endless. Hopefully I'd be a good guy.:rolleyes:

What would you pick?

*side note, being able to fly would be a pretty kickass ability as well*

D

deleted848353

I'd pick invisibiliy as I would be able to go find out exactly what happens in the mens locker rooms without the fear of being caught coupled with the ability to manipulate the weaher or anyhing else would be kick ass imho

D

deleted15807

^ agreed invisibility would be so good. The world would literally be my oster. Able to go anywhere and do anything. Couple that with the ability to fly. Nirvana.