If you could visit any fictional place...

What fictional place would you most like to visit?

• Total voters

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
AnonymousToast said:
Wow. Who'da thunk it? A thread inspired by Kingdom Hearts II, but not pertaining to it in any way, is a mild success!

So... did I beat the internet? I've been playing for about 7 years, it'd be nice to bring this game to an end.

Sounds like we have another gamer, You are so going on my buddy list. I might even stalk you a little.:cool:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
No Dong!

I don't want to hear you attacking yourself like that. Both films had exceptional cinematography. Have you ever seen Galsworthy's "A Summer Story"? That has a fabulous view of the Moors as is the 1970 version of "Wuthering Heights" and the 1990's version of "Jane Eyre" with Timothy Dalton... Did you see the Roman Polanski version of "Tess" or the later BBC version?

I saw some snippets from Wuthering Hights, to this day it always makes me think of Kate Bush (had a crush on her once)..it was the Polanski Version, and I still do have a crush on Nastassya Kinski herself a former ex of Mr P. I've not seen Jane Eyre.

The French Lt Woman is such a 'frustrating' book, Victorian 'Gentlemen' were so repressed (by our standards) it made me want to tell him to take his head out of his ass and remind him life is short, though he got there in the end at least in one ending!!

MorganaDrake

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Some good ones have been named since I said Hogwarts Castle. Narnia, Oz and Avalon....wow all good choices. I've read most of the books in the Oz series...it's a pretty big series but all the books are easy reads. I've also read all the Narnia books several times, I own the old BBC series of the movies as well as the recently released one. And I can't even begin to talk about The Mists of Avalon. I wasn't fond of the movie...although I found the casting to be pretty decent. I just hated that they left alot out. , I ldo love the book so though. It was one of those books that to read it, was almost like living it. And somehow I could see myself living in Avalon. Another one that comes to mind, and I can't quite think of the name, but in Artemis fowl, all the trolls, faeries, etc live underground. I think that'd be a cool place to visit. And Lastly, St. Louis as portrayed by Laurell K Hamilton in the Anita Blake vampire series. Man, she makes those vamps and were-animals sound so damn sexy. And there's nothing quite like a bunch of stunningly handsome men in leather pants.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MorganaDrake said:
Some good ones have been named since I said Hogwarts Castle. Narnia, Oz and Avalon....wow all good choices. I've read most of the books in the Oz series...it's a pretty big series but all the books are easy reads. I've also read all the Narnia books several times, I own the old BBC series of the movies as well as the recently released one. And I can't even begin to talk about The Mists of Avalon. I wasn't fond of the movie...although I found the casting to be pretty decent. I just hated that they left alot out. , I ldo love the book so though. It was one of those books that to read it, was almost like living it. And somehow I could see myself living in Avalon. Another one that comes to mind, and I can't quite think of the name, but in Artemis fowl, all the trolls, faeries, etc live underground. I think that'd be a cool place to visit. And Lastly, St. Louis as portrayed by Laurell K Hamilton in the Anita Blake vampire series. Man, she makes those vamps and were-animals sound so damn sexy. And there's nothing quite like a bunch of stunningly handsome men in leather pants.

Morgana have your read any of Barry McGuire's fairy tales turned on end? I am now reading "Son of a Witch" the sequel to "Wicked: the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of he West" Do tell more about the Anita Blake books. That sounds too close for comfort to the Anne Rice series....

MorganaDrake

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
naughty said:
Morgana have your read any of Barry McGuire's fairy tales turned on end? I am now reading "Son of a Witch" the sequel to "Wicked: the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of he West" Do tell more about the Anita Blake books. That sounds too close for comfort to the Anne Rice series....

I have not read anything by Barry McGuire, but I'm going to be going to the library so I'll have to see about checking out something by him.

As for the Anita Blake books, I can tell you that between those books and Anne Rice's vamp chronicles, I prefer Anita Blake. Anne Rice seems to ramble at times to me and I found her boring. (just my opinion of course as I have many friends who adore her!) I found Laurell K. Hamilton's series to be captivating. The characters are well developed, the plot is somewhat predictable in some of the books (there are 13 or 14 books in the series), but in others books there are loads of suprises and unexpected events. As far as the books, they take place in Saint Louis, the main character is Anita Blake. She's a vampire hunter/executioner and she can also raise the dead. This is what she does for a living. These books follow her adventures in dealing with raising the dead, getting tangled into the world of vampires and weres, and you'll read of many other mythical creatures as well. As the series goes on, there is a lot of sex involved, well developed and detailed scenes. Some people like that, others don't. Anyways, I really do prefer Anita Blake. She also has a faery series that I'm somewhat fond of, it's the Meredith Gentry series.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
MorganaDrake said:
I have not read anything by Barry McGuire, but I'm going to be going to the library so I'll have to see about checking out something by him.

As for the Anita Blake books, I can tell you that between those books and Anne Rice's vamp chronicles, I prefer Anita Blake. Anne Rice seems to ramble at times to me and I found her boring. (just my opinion of course as I have many friends who adore her!) I found Laurell K. Hamilton's series to be captivating. The characters are well developed, the plot is somewhat predictable in some of the books (there are 13 or 14 books in the series), but in others books there are loads of suprises and unexpected events. As far as the books, they take place in Saint Louis, the main character is Anita Blake. She's a vampire hunter/executioner and she can also raise the dead. This is what she does for a living. These books follow her adventures in dealing with raising the dead, getting tangled into the world of vampires and weres, and you'll read of many other mythical creatures as well. As the series goes on, there is a lot of sex involved, well developed and detailed scenes. Some people like that, others don't. Anyways, I really do prefer Anita Blake. She also has a faery series that I'm somewhat fond of, it's the Meredith Gentry series.

THanks I will check it out.... This is fun...

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
Either sharing a bottle with Otis in Mayberry or hanging out at the cement pond with Elly May and the critters.

Also wouldn't mind spending some quality time with Denise Huxtable (what can I say, I'm a perv).

pexman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'll take a holodeck, like on Star Trek the Next Generation, then i could be anywhere i want.