If you could, which would you ban/change?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_mitchymo, Sep 19, 2009.

?

Which would you change/ban

Poll closed Mar 18, 2010.
  1. Government

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Religion

23 vote(s)
    60.5%
  3. Money

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Work

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Military

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Feel free to explain the change you would make.

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You, for incessantly creating progressively stupider threads.

3. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

a) I am not an option
    b) I do not post incessantly
    c) How could this possibly be more stupid than my last! :rolleyes: hurrrrr pruuuuuhhhhh

You only ever comment on my threads to seemingly offend as you are never constructive and always personal. Are you and Superbot twins?

4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    a) There were no options when I replied, so I went freestyle. Suck it.
    b) Re-read my reply and try to understand how adjectives function
    c) It was close, but the fact that you created a poll with no options gives this one the requisite nod in the stupid direction.

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I put money and was surprised to see that I wasn't alone.

6. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Not sure that I'd ban any of them.

I'd change religion and work.

Religion - if I had my way, there wouldn't be the sexism, homophobia and repression that is prevalent in fundamentalist religions.

Work - I'd make sure everyone could find a job, one that they can do without fear of being fired for lack of the proper job skills, and work hours would be changed somewhat. I mean by that, no more working 60-70 hour weeks! That's too much for one person! If they need that much work done, they should hire more people - there are plenty of us out there looking for work. And there should be more on the job training!

Of course these are ideals - I have no idea how or even if I or anyone else could actually implement these changes.

7. crescendo69

Gold Member

Military (everywhere). War is not healthy.

8. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Banning money would baaaad, so to those that picked money, I hope it was for "change." Though I can't really think of what you might want to change, since the concept is really simple.

9. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Civilization can not exist without government.
    Without money the only medium of exchange is labor or barter. History shows that money is a more effective medium of exchange and has resulted in a better, more prosperous world. Ergo, money is also critical to our way of life.
    Work is required to achieve and to provide... without work... nothing gets done.
    Not all human beings agree to play by the same rules... for this reason the majority invents means to police the actions of those who do not play by the rules...
    The military is nothing but an extension of the police function to a national level.
    It is necessary for order and civil society in a world full of other competing and often hostile societies.

So that leave Religion as the one thing on the list that serves ZERO useful purpose... and that actually complicates the other 4.

10. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

None of them all, all has to do with each other and can't work without each other. You could say religion is the easiest to bann, but religion is such a strong factor, even these days. So no, don't bann anything.

11. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I agree.. if I HAD to choose one thing on the list to ban, it would be religion, but still... Better just to change it.

And as I said, too, I'd change work too. Of course we'd still have to work to get things done, but I'd like it to be easier for those who don't have jobs to find jobs, and for those who are working 60+ hours a week to not have to work so many hours (a 40 hour week is enough...) I'd also like for domestic drudgery like cooking and cleaning to be done by androids rather than actual people, unless you actually like doing that kind of thing (I know people who do - and I can see liking to cook more than I can see liking to clean) Mainly I'd like to have androids to do this stuff so I don't have to do any of it but can still have good meals and a clean house. :redface:

12. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

As far as i know the poll is completed AFTER the post is made meaning no options exist initially on ANY thread if you are quick to jump on them.
    It is not stupidity, it is a temporary technical error.

Why are you such a schmuck might just be the title of my next thread.

13. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Religion, it's the only one that governs the others with logic or evidence.

I believe in the importance of faith, but more sin has been committed by mankind in God's name that good done in it.

14. Northland

Gold Member

I voted for Caspar the friendly ghost...no particular reason other than I felt like it.

15. B_bi_mmf

B_bi_mmf New Member

As Hitchens says, religion poisons everything.

16. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wouldn't ban religion necessarily, but definitely change it.

There's so much out there that's obviously false - it's just such a shame that 'beliefs' take precedence over fact so often.

[And I wouldn't ban Mitchymo - he should be compulsory. :wink: ]

#16 Joll, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2009
  17. DiscoBoy

Gold Member

Religion-- organized religion more specifically.

18. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Hmmm i think it's time to overthrow the government, install a new monarchy...

...All Hail King Joll!

I'm ready to be knighted now, get your sword out! :tongue:

19. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I have enjoyed reading some of the responses to this thread.

Pendlum is right that banning money would be bad, at least it would if we did it tomorrow. We do not need money though, the only reason we do is so we can pay to keep a roof over our heads and eat and afford entertainments all of which were achieved before money or bartering existed. We have evolved into a society where money rules the world and it should not be so.

It is no surprise to see Religion topping the poll but hardly surprising on a site which is of a liberal nature. Money being the next popular choice (as i write) shows that there is a recognition that money is not necessarily all it is cracked up to be, after all, if you have plenty then it's fantastic but if you do'nt it is a struggle to survive.

The Military is a vital asset in protecting us from enemies but at the same time it can be a government tool for oppression. If we lived in a world were countries were all peace loving then the military would no longer be a fighting force. One day maybe it will.

Work is a great way to achieve things but for the most part we are forced to do it for money not because we enjoy doing it, how unfair it then seems that those who do follow their pleasures are making so much more money out of it, singers, footballers, actors etc.
    In the future we will have machines doing all kinds of things that people are employed to do which begs the question, where are we to work if we have no skilled qualifications?
    Our willingness to work is great but we should all be allowed to do what we like to enjoy life without the drawback that lack of funds to achieve those goals have. I cannot afford to contribute even towards a savings account, i cannot afford to go back to college or to take driving lessons, i am trapped in drudgery because i am a low earner and that will remain the status quo for most like me in a world dominated by money.

Government needs to change because it is failing, it does'nt matter substancially which party gains power because we judge them, we kick them out if we are not happy, we switch back and forth between this one and that one and only ever progress because of natural evolution of public outcries. We could quicken the whole process by having more of a say about political decisions instead of trusting that our local elected politician is thinking the same way as the majority of their electorate. Politicians are forever abusing their position because they can, even within democracy, diluting the power of those at the top by installing more power in our hands must surely make for a better government.

#19 B_mitchymo, Sep 20, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  20. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Leave my sword out of it! :wink: :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted