If you guys took some time to answer this, it would GREATLY help me with my essay.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Hotrocker, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Hotrocker

Hotrocker Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Ok, so I have a sociology essay due in a few days and I need statistics BAD. If you guys would all answer this it'd help me out so fucking much. Plus, this could be a good topic. Politics and violence, and all...

• Goal: To study and document how politics affect people’s demeanors and attitudes; especially during election time.
    I appreciate you taking part in this survey. I am student writing a research paper for Sociology 1101 at ******* State University. My paper pertains to your attitudes/emotions, thoughts, and actions towards others on the basis of politics. I will not be requesting names and your answers will remain confidential.

Are you male or female? :

Which party did you vote for this election?
    Democrat Republican Independent

Do you support the taboo that “no person should discuss politics, sex and religion in polite company?”
    YES NO

Would you say that religion plays a role in your vote?
    YES NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards a specific political party?
    YES NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards an individual because of their political views or how they voted (ex: seeing an Obama sign in a neighbor’s yard when you are a McCain fan or vice versa)?
    YES NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? YES NO

Have you ever questioned a person’s morality or character because of
    their political views/opinions or how they voted?
    YES NO

Have you ever witnessed violence (either in person or in the media) committed because of a difference of political views or political parties?
    YES NO

Have you ever verbally assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
    YES NO

Have you ever physically assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
    YES NO

Have you ever been assaulted/ threatened because of you political views or how you voted?
    YES NO

Thanks soooo much

#1 Hotrocker, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  2. angelneve85

angelneve85 New Member

Independent

Do you support the taboo that “no person should discuss politics, sex and religion in polite company?”
    NO

NO

NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards an individual because of their political views or how they voted (ex: seeing an Obama sign in a neighbor’s yard when you are a McCain fan or vice versa)?
    NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions?
    NO

NO

Have you ever witnessed violence (either in person or in the media) committed because of a difference of political views or political parties?
    YES

Have you ever verbally assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
    NO

Have you ever physically assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
    NO

Have you ever been assaulted/ threatened because of you political views or how you voted?
    NO

3. Nrets

Nrets Member

Democrat

NO

NO

NO

YES

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? NO

YES

YES

YES

NO

YES

4. Hotrocker

Albums:
    I really appreciate it, guys. :biggrin1:

5. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you male or female? : male

democrat

i think as long as it's done respectfully of other peoples' view points, politics is fine to discuss (i think that's how to answer that question haha)

no, and religion should have nothing at all to do with politics

people in the party, yes. but not a party as a whole

only when they try to force their view at me

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? if the person is a zealot, no matter what side of the aisle they sit, i don't like them

yes

no

no

no

no

6. cyberczar

cyberczar New Member

I'm a sucker for surveys, so here goes:

Ok, so I have a sociology essay due in a few days and I need statistics BAD. If you guys would all answer this it'd help me out so fucking much. Plus, this could be a good topic. Politics and violence, and all...

• Goal: To study and document how politics affect people’s demeanors and attitudes; especially during election time.
    I appreciate you taking part in this survey. I am student writing a research paper for Sociology 1101 at ******* State University. My paper pertains to your attitudes/emotions, thoughts, and actions towards others on the basis of politics. I will not be requesting names and your answers will remain confidential.

Are you male or female? : Male

YES NO

YES HELLNO

YES NO

YES NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES HELLNO

YES
    HELLNO

YES NO

Thanks soooo much

You're welcome.

7. Hotrocker

Albums:
    oh, answers in sentence form. haha, thanks, man.

:biggrin1:

8. dwtrlp

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Are you male or female? : Male

Which party did you vote for this election? Democrat

Do you support the taboo that “no person should discuss politics, sex and religion in polite company?” No, although I do respect others and if anyone objects to any discussion, I would refrain.

Would you say that religion plays a role in your vote? NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards a specific political party? Yes

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards an individual because of their political views or how they voted (ex: seeing an Obama sign in a neighbor’s yard when you are a McCain fan or vice versa)? Yes

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? No

their political views/opinions or how they voted? NO

Have you ever witnessed violence (either in person or in the media) committed because of a difference of political views or political parties? Yes, violent retorick (sp?)

NO

NO

YES

9. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Male

• 1. Republican
    • 2. N
    • 3. N
    • 4. Y
    • 5. Y
    • 6. Y
    • 7. Y
    • 8. Y
    • 9. Y
    • 10. N
    • 11. N

10. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Are you male or female? : male

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

Thanks soooo much[/quote]

11. D_dollar a week

D_dollar a week New Member

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

12. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Male

1. Democrat
    2. No
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. No
    7. No
    8. No
    9. No
    10. No
    11. No

13. vince

Gold Member

Albums:

I am not American

YES NO

YES I won't vote for a candidate who plays the God card.

YES NO

YES NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? YES NO. But the way some people express those views can be hard to deal with.

YES NO

YES NO

YESNO- In university

YES NO

YESNO- For my views.

14. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

[size 5] YOU ARE WELCOME[/size]

#14 silvertriumph2, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  15. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:

Democrat

YES

NO

YES

YES

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions?

NO (i haven't in my personal life been unable to get along with someone based on this)

YES

YES (in the media)

NO (disagreed, but hardly what I'd define as "assault")

NO

NO (disagreed with, but hardly what I'd define as "assault")

:cool22:

16. petetown

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Are you male or female? : MALE

Democrat

YES

NO

YES

YES

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

MY PLEASURE,
    P

17. Hotrocker

Albums:
    Male

• 1. Republican
    • 2. N
    • 3. N
    • 4. Y
    • 5. Y
    • 6. Y
    • 7. Y
    • 8. Y
    • 9. Y
    • 10. N
    • 11. N
    [/quote]

damn. Thats pretty hardcore, dwtrlp. How'd you assault whoever you assaulted, if you don't mind me asking?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again, I really appreciate you all answering this survey. The first round of presenters presented their reports today (they all had different questions than mine, though) and most people who chose to do surveys were talking about sending out several hundred and getting at least 100 back :eek::mad::frown1:. I have to aim at getting at least 100 surveys back somehow. HELP ME OUT! (and thanks again to those who already did).

18. camper joe

Gold Member

19. wolfman1718

wolfman1718 New Member

male
    Democrat

NO

None what so ever

YES

YES but it goes both ways , mainly when people are just fucking ignorant.

NO

NO

ummmmmm yes kind of i would called using logic.

NO

NO

20. nicenycdick

Gold Member

Albums:
    Male

Democrat

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

YES

NO

NO

NO

Draft saved Draft deleted