If you guys took some time to answer this, it would GREATLY help me with my essay.

buddysattva

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Are you male or female? : male

Which party did you vote for this election? independent
Democrat Republican Independent

Do you support the taboo that “no person should discuss politics, sex and religion in polite company?” no
YES NO

Would you say that religion plays a role in your vote?no
YES NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards a specific political party?yes
YES NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards an individual because of their political views or how they voted (ex: seeing an Obama sign in a neighbor’s yard when you are a McCain fan or vice versa)?no
YES NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? no

Have you ever questioned a person’s morality or character because of
their political views/opinions or how they voted?no

Have you ever witnessed violence (either in person or in the media) committed because of a difference of political views or political parties?
yes, media i suppose

Have you ever verbally assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?no

Have you ever physically assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted? no

Have you ever been assaulted/ threatened because of you political views or how you voted?no

Thanks soooo much
k there you go

tal94

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ok, so I have a sociology essay due in a few days and I need statistics BAD. If you guys would all answer this it'd help me out so fucking much. Plus, this could be a good topic. Politics and violence, and all...

• Goal: To study and document how politics affect people’s demeanors and attitudes; especially during election time.
I appreciate you taking part in this survey. I am student writing a research paper for Sociology 1101 at ******* State University. My paper pertains to your attitudes/emotions, thoughts, and actions towards others on the basis of politics. I will not be requesting names and your answers will remain confidential.

Are you male or female? :

Which party did you vote for this election?

Do you support the taboo that “no person should discuss politics, sex and religion in polite company?”
YES NO

Would you say that religion plays a role in your vote?
YES NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards a specific political party?
YES NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards an individual because of their political views or how they voted (ex: seeing an Obama sign in a neighbor’s yard when you are a McCain fan or vice versa)?
YES NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? YES NO

their political views/opinions or how they voted?
YES NO

Have you ever witnessed violence (either in person or in the media) committed because of a difference of political views or political parties?
YES NO

Have you ever verbally assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
YES NO

Have you ever physically assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
YES NO

Have you ever been assaulted/ threatened because of you political views or how you voted?
YES NO

Thanks soooo much

can we offer a modified english response?

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, so I have a sociology essay due in a few days and I need statistics BAD. If you guys would all answer this it'd help me out so fucking much. Plus, this could be a good topic. Politics and violence, and all...

• Goal: To study and document how politics affect people’s demeanors and attitudes; especially during election time.
I appreciate you taking part in this survey. I am student writing a research paper for Sociology 1101 at ******* State University. My paper pertains to your attitudes/emotions, thoughts, and actions towards others on the basis of politics. I will not be requesting names and your answers will remain confidential.

Do you support the taboo that “no person should discuss politics, sex and religion in polite company?”
YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards an individual because of their political views or how they voted (ex: seeing an Obama sign in a neighbor’s yard when you are a McCain fan or vice versa)?
YES NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

Have you ever verbally assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
YES NO

Have you ever physically assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
YES NO

Have you ever been assaulted/ threatened because of you political views or how you voted?
YES NO

Thanks soooo much
I am male.

I voted Democrat.

I'd say that I support the taboo. One has to know when & where to bring up certain topics up as to not offend anyone. Common courtesy at play.

I don't think religion played a role in my vote. My right to vote is a privilege. That's it.

I did get kind of irked at the election in 2000. It wasn't the party. It was all Bush. For the remainder, I don't have any negative feelings.

No negativity on a person for what they choose to believe in either. I ride past the Republican Party's headquarters Monday thru Friday on my way to work. Not once have I thrown an egg at the building or yelled out something insane.

I don't think it's hard to get along with someone because of their political views. We're adults. We can disagree without hating each other.

I really don't think about people's morals that much, unless they directly affect my livelihood.

I don't watch the news because it can be depressing, but I have heard many stories of people taking 'the law' into their own hands because they've been upset by a political decision.

No way to #9, 10, & 11.

You're quite welcome. I hope I didn't overstep by stating more than a yes or no answer to your questions. Good luck on your paper!

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

1. Male

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

Thanks soooo much

As always, all or nothing questions and "ever" questions are pretty confining.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Penis.

Democrat

YES

YES

YES

YES

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions?
YES

YES

YES

NO

NO

YES

Thanks soooo much
YOU'RE WELCOME

Male

Independent

YES NO

No

YES NO

Yes

YES NO

Yes

YES NO

Yes

Yes

YES NO

Yes

YES NO

YES NO

No

YES NO

No

YES NO

No

Thanks soooo much

You're welcome.

TattooedBaboon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

voted for members of each Party, vote was office-specific
NO

YES (if you mean my perspective, or if I think the candidate's religion will influence/affect their performance)

NO

NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? NO

YES (specifically, abortion, embryonic stem cell research, whaling, dolphin/tuna issue, horse slaughter, aerial or other wolf killing, hunting, local animal control)

NO

NO

NO

NO

Thanks soooo much

Welcome!

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

1. Male

2.Republican
YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

Mandee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Female

1. Which party did you vote for this election?
I didn't vote, but I am a Republican and had I been registered in time I would have voted for McCain.

2. Do you support the taboo that “no person should discuss politics, sex and religion in polite company?”
Yes... unless you like confrontation or you know the person/people you are talking with share the same views as you do.

3. Would you say that religion plays a role in your vote?
Yes

4. Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards a specific political party?
Yes

5. Have you ever felt any negative emotions towards an individual because of their political views or how they voted (ex: seeing an Obama sign in a neighbor’s yard when you are a McCain fan or vice versa)?
In a way, yes. I guess it depends on what you mean... If you're asking if I get violent and angry, no! lol.

6. Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions?
No

7. Have you ever questioned a person’s morality or character because of
Yes

8. Have you ever witnessed violence (either in person or in the media) committed because of a difference of political views or political parties?
Yes, I probably have seen something on tv, but don't remember it.

9. Have you ever verbally assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
No

10. Have you ever physically assaulted someone because of their political views or how they voted?
No

11. Have you ever been assaulted/threatened because of you political views or how you voted?
No

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Are you male or female? : Female

Democrat for most offices, but for some local offices there were ONLY a Republican and Libertarian candidate, and in those cases I voted Libertarian.

YES NO

Probably best not to discuss politics. Sex is fair game though. :biggrin1:

YES NO

Only in that I am very against the religious right.

YES NO

Yes

YES NO

Yes

Yes, I'm afraid...

YES NO

Only where it directly affects me.

YES NO

I have heard about it, maybe seen it in the media.

YES NO

Yes, when I was younger. Now I keep quiet about it because I was usually the ONLY person with my views in the entire group, which affected my answer to #11...

YES NO

No

YES NO

Yes, more often than not. :frown1: That's why I keep quiet about it now.

Thanks soooo much

Big Don

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My answers are in bold.

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

YES NO

democrat and republican both

NO

NO, the only way that it would is if a candidate were blatantly over religious or anti religious.

YES

YES

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions?
YES

YES

NO

NO

NO

NO

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are you male or female? : Male

Democrat

NO

YES

YES

YES

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? YES

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hotrocker982. "If you guys took some time to answer this, it would GREATLY help me with my essay." LPSG. Nov. 2008. 11 Dec. 2008 <http://www.lpsg.org/110468-if-you-guys-took-some.html>.

amygdala

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you male or female? : Male

Democrat
NO

NO

YES

NO

Would you say that it is hard to get along with certain people because of their political views or opinions? NO

NO

YES

NO

NO

NO