If you had the Chimp Attack injuries, would you want to live?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Quality of life means something different to everyone. I've been told i'm beautiful my entire life, it would be devastating to go from even normal to that sort of face.

This lady might form relationships and further have a purpose in her life or even a new purpose and appreciation for the little things in life that she might never have had. I dont think i would want to survive that kind of injury, but if i did survive such as she did, i'd just have to make the best of it.

She has so much support from people around the globe because of this, while its freakish looking and scary to anyone under the age of 97 years old, i think this lady has a will to survive and to be brave. She could really help others in some form or fashion with that. Just seeing her momentarily makes me appreciate so much.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
a chimp isn't really a good idea for a pet.

This.

And no animal enjoys being aggressive. They are forced to be aggressive due to threats to their own survival.

Aggression is amplified and compounded when you keep a wild animal in captivity.

And if you do have a wild animal in captivity, you had best know how to handle it and signs to look out for. Better yet, don't think you can keep a wild animal as a pet.

Is this woman going to sue her friend as well for allowing her to handle the chimp? I mean what sort of fuckwit is she if she lets her "friend" try and "handle" an animal which weighs probably twice as much as she does?

They're both crazy. And it's a harsh lesson to learn. But such is life.

Today's Lesson: Chimps Don't Make Good Pets

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm afraid to click the link.

Edit: OK, I clicked it, and that is just heartbreaking. I would like to say the human spirit would carry me through, but, geez, that's some serious trauma to overcome.

Last edited:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One of the saddest parts was that she thought that her blindness was temporary, and she didn't know that her eyes had to be removed due to infection (and probably trauma).

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They are deliberately harmful and therefore malicious.

They deliberately seek out other chimps and large primates (hey isn't that what us humans are?) to mangle and kill them.

The argument I'm making is that they are very dangerous animals and make piss-poor pets. Great if someone has one and it doesn't go apeshit but when it does happen, you have to shoot it and that's a sorry reason to have to kill an animal.

that is utter tripe...they do not seek out humans to mangle and kill them...

if they did, why isn't Jane Goodall dead?

http://www.daughterearth.net/OptimizedWebfiles/celebrities/JaneGoodallPCFront.jpg

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
that is utter tripe...they do not seek out humans to mangle and kill them...

if they did, why isn't Jane Goodall dead?

http://www.daughterearth.net/OptimizedWebfiles/celebrities/JaneGoodallPCFront.jpg

Because Jane Goodall knows how to communicate with chimps. Timothy Treadwell had the same talent with grizzly bears except that time he brought his girlfriend with him but even he knew that something would go wrong that summer and Jane Goodall would know too and has avoided such a disaster with chimps.

What I said isn't utter tripe; your interpretation of what I said, is. I agree that chimps don't always, 100% of the time seek out humans to destroy, but they do deliberately harm primates, and humans are primates.

I'm sure the woman with the disfigured face probably knew what was coming and it was very brave of her to try and get the chimp back under control.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because Jane Goodall knows how to communicate with chimps. Timothy Treadwell had the same talent with grizzly bears except that time he brought his girlfriend with him but even he knew that something would go wrong that summer and Jane Goodall would know too and has avoided such a disaster with chimps.

What I said isn't utter tripe; your interpretation of what I said, is. I agree that chimps don't always, 100% of the time seek out humans to destroy, but they do deliberately harm primates, and humans are primates.

I'm sure the woman with the disfigured face probably knew what was coming and it was very brave of her to try and get the chimp back under control.

total nonsense...what about the people *AROUND* Goodall...such as the camera crew?

what about other members of reserves and sanctuaries? Like Gombi where most of the study by Goodall was conducted?

the primates they harm, are to eat and forge bonds...not to be mean or hateful.

the Gombi chimps kill wild pigs and piglets and even small antelope to eat. since most of these creatures are so small, and a hunting group may be 20 chimps or more, there is virtually no caloric/energy reward for the effort...but the meat is *SHARED* and the hunt and cooperation strenghtens the social bonds

they have a special curiousity and respect for snakes...most notably pythons...at Gombe, when a snake is seen, they call to each other a special sound, and the group gathers round it...they do not hurt it, or even touch it...they call to each other, and watch it intently,

they are also know to capture and play with hyraxes and several females have been known to hold on to a hyrax for up to 15 hours, taking care of it, grooming it then letting it go.

the fact is, chimps show a reverence for many creatures as well as for the elements and their surroundings...they dance in the rain, they watch sunsets, they watch waterfalls endlessly...

they are not malicious...they are creatures, just doing what they do.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mankind is prone to ball his fists up and punch and or kick. We are also much more likely to pick up the nearest item to defend ourselves with.

Chimps make a shitty fist and don't usually have baseball bats or tire irons laying around their environment.

Chimps use their hands and teeth to rip and tear, plain and simple. Chimps have been known to put together search and destroy parties that literally tear their victims limb from limb. A chimp's fingers can tear and scrape with extraordinary amounts of force. Sadly, when attacking humans, they attempt to remove the victim's facial features from their head.

That fucker Travis was stabbed repeatedly with a butcher knife too... it took the officer basically unloading the entire contents of the clip to take him down.

Mankind has a cursory mastery only over our canine friends, that is tenable at best. Humans think that they can handle wild animals out of vanity and hubris, plain and simple.

It's a great esoteric question of being able to go on after sustaining injuries like that. I have no answer though.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm not sure about that.
She was an employee of the chimp's owner, Sandra Herold, who had asked her to come and help get Travis back indoors.
Herold speculated that Travis didn't recognize Nash since the car she arrived in was not her usual one, she'd changed her hairstyle, and she was holding a toy in front of her face to attract the chimp's attention.
Travis may have thought he was protecting his owner. Who knows?
In any case, both Herold and Nash obviously had no idea that things would unfold as they did.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
total nonsense...what about the people *AROUND* Goodall...such as the camera crew?

what about other members of reserves and sanctuaries? Like Gombi where most of the study by Goodall was conducted?

the primates they harm, are to eat and forge bonds...not to be mean or hateful.

the Gombi chimps kill wild pigs and piglets and even small antelope to eat. since most of these creatures are so small, and a hunting group may be 20 chimps or more, there is virtually no caloric/energy reward for the effort...but the meat is *SHARED* and the hunt and cooperation strenghtens the social bonds

they have a special curiousity and respect for snakes...most notably pythons...at Gombe, when a snake is seen, they call to each other a special sound, and the group gathers round it...they do not hurt it, or even touch it...they call to each other, and watch it intently,

they are also know to capture and play with hyraxes and several females have been known to hold on to a hyrax for up to 15 hours, taking care of it, grooming it then letting it go.

the fact is, chimps show a reverence for many creatures as well as for the elements and their surroundings...they dance in the rain, they watch sunsets, they watch waterfalls endlessly...

they are not malicious...they are creatures, just doing what they do.

That may well be the case, but the fact is that from time to time, chimps do carry out vicious,often lethal attack on other primates, be they chimps, baboons or humans. Just Google "chimp attack" for more information. The bottom line is chimps are not pets.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
That may well be the case, but the fact is that from time to time, chimps do carry out vicious,often lethal attack on other primates, be they chimps, baboons or humans. Just Google "chimp attack" for more information. The bottom line is chimps are not pets.
I think Flashy knows all that.
But the question is, do these violent actions suggest malice, or is that an anthropomorphizing projection from a human model.

I dunno.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would rather be dead than to live looking like that woman. And its got nothing to do with vanity. That poor woman is grotesque.

I have been thinking about this question since it was posted. I have to agree that if I had to live the rest of my life in the condition that this woman is in now; I don't think that I would want to continue. I can only hope that with what is possible with modern medicine that this woman will be able to have surgery that will restore her appearance to a degree that she can live with some dignity. That being said, I have been reluctant to comment on this question, because I think that no one can really make a decision to live or die until you are actually in that situation of knowing that the quality of your life is not worth hoping for another day.. I hope I never have to make it.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I think that no one can really make a decision to live or die until you are actually in that situation of knowing that the quality of your life is not worth hoping for another day...

My exact thought.
When these situations are distant, you can easily say life would not be satisfying or worthwhile.
But when a decision to die would extinguish your life today ...