If You Had The Choice, Would You Live In Another Country ?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
IF YOU HAD THE CHOICE, WOULD YOU LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY ?, if so where would that be ?.

My partner and i love the states, for the past 5 years we dreamed of living there, But, having friends in NJ, San Fran they would much rather like to live in the UK, what do people think ?, is it a case of "grass is greener on the other side " or are people happy where they live ?.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have lived in some other countries, so I would certainly consider doing it again. Would probably go back to the UK or Ireland (where my family is), possibly France, possibly Brasil.

I consider LA to be "home," but that is a relative concept to me. I've also felt the same way about London and Geneva.

I guess I'm just easy. And flexible.

Er, meaning about where I live of course. :tongue:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I already did the 'live in another country thing'-not that I remember it from back then. I have been back there and it is pleasant enough; however, I have no desire to make it my home again.

To me New York is the best place to be. I've been elsewhere; but, there always seems to be something missing in those places (like the 24hr. day and night constant roll of things).

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I might wish to live elsewhere if New York weren't so much a part of my identity. I love LA and other parts of the country, but I probably wouldn't live in them on a permanent basis even if I could. I lived in France a year, and could be quite happy with Paris again. Same with England, which I love.

Just not quite as much as this.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I've lived in France and could go back there in a heartbeat.
England was a place I felt at home.
Holland very much so.
But I could equally live in the U.S.
NYC was one of those places that said, 'Here is the center of the world.'
And California would be wonderful.
At the end of the day, though, I've always said if I won a lottery, I would be heading back to France pronto.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I already did the 'live in another country thing'-not that I remember it from back then. I have been back there and it is pleasant enough; however, I have no desire to make it my home again.

To me New York is the best place to be. I've been elsewhere; but, there always seems to be something missing in those places (like the 24hr. day and night constant roll of things).

We agree with that,New York was a great place to spend time in, always something happening at anyone time .

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think America would be nice to visit, not sure about live. I'd only miss the younger members of my family, who look up to me (they're shorter than me :tongue:)

Perhaps France too...I could just about muster conversational Francais. And the girls are pretty in Paris.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've lived in France and could go back there in a heartbeat.
England was a place I felt at home.
Holland very much so.
But I could equally live in the U.S.
NYC was one of those places that said, 'Here is the center of the world.'
And California would be wonderful.
At the end of the day, though, I've always said if I won a lottery, I would be heading back to France pronto.

Puis-je t'y accompagner, mon chéri?:biggrin1:

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
>is it a case of "grass is greener on the other side "

I chose to live in another country as I'm doing right now.

My case is not the "greener grass" one even though I think it's the most case of people wishing to live somewhere else.

In my case I valued the pros and cons of both places.

There are pros and cons in both places but I prefer the cons here than were I'm originally from, so for me, the balance is definitely positive.

I'm very happy and I'm not going back, I could try another city in the UK or holland, but I'm not going back to my original country.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
I feel pretty much the same as becominghorse . Im attracted to southern california -- love visiting there, but can't imagine actually living there full-time. And am a big Francophile. I never lived there but have spent a good deal of time there, know Paris well, am bilingual, have many friends there and feel totally comfortable. I considered moving there about 15 years ago, but chickened out.
At the end of the day, I really think I'm living in the best place in the world for me-- NYC. I've been here 25 years, and the quality of life has improved so much in that time. I feel very lucky.:smile:

I might wish to live elsewhere if New York weren't so much a part of my identity. I love LA and other parts of the country, but I probably wouldn't live in them on a permanent basis even if I could. I lived in France a year, and could be quite happy with Paris again. Same with England, which I love.

Just not quite as much as this.

zumzum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I couldn't live in the US right now, no offence - even though florida or cali would be very tempting.

Too prudish, too many sects, too many Bushes, too many wars, too many policemen and police state (that we are importing here in the UK damn it).

I've been told by a friend who visited some year ago, that I wouldn't like it, and he knows my tastes very well.

he told me people are literally scared and policemen beat you up if you're not always "yes sir" "yes sir" "of course sir" when they stops you in your car.

not to mention now they have tazers!!!

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I couldn't live in the US right now, no offence - even though florida or cali would be very tempting.

Too prudish, too many sects, too many Bushes, too many wars, too many policemen and police state (that we are importing here in the UK damn it).

I've been told by a friend who visited some year ago, that I wouldn't like it, and he knows my tastes very well.

he told me people are literally scared and policemen beat you up if you're not always "yes sir" "yes sir" "of course sir" when they stops you in your car.

not to mention now they have tazers!!!

Hi ZumZum, pardon my ignorence pal, what are tazers ?

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
aren't british police only equipped with whistles though? doesn't sound like the best way to enfore the law to me