Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So I just got a text saying: America is attempting a gas strike Friday May 2nd...Don't buy gas!!! Forward to as many people as possible. Let's all work together to make it happen.

Reply to thread if you told someone, and how many people you told.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not buying gas for one whole day isn't going to hurt big oil at all. The only "message" it's going to send is one of a pathetic attempt to get their attention. Boycotting only one company (like Texaco) won't do it either. Buying the E85 (which is a HUGE F****** joke) isn't going to work, because big oil owns and distributes it.

You want to really put a stop to high gas prices, protect the environment and put your money where your mouth is??
Then buy one of these 2 cars or shut up.

Tesla Motors
ROADandTRACK.com -- Auto Shows - Jeep Renegade Concept (1/2008)

BBTM

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not buying gas for one whole day isn't going to hurt big oil at all. The only "message" it's going to send is one of a pathetic attempt to get their attention. Boycotting only one company (like Texaco) won't do it either. Buying the E85 (which is a HUGE F****** joke) isn't going to work, because big oil owns and distributes it.

You want to really put a stop to high gas prices, protect the environment and put your money where your mouth is??
Then buy one of these 2 cars or shut up.

Tesla Motors
ROADandTRACK.com -- Auto Shows - Jeep Renegade Concept (1/2008)

OK, OK... I get it, nobody wants to participate. After only ten minutes, F*** Me for tryin.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Speculators have already thought just a bit past Friday. Long-term conservation is the only thing that will make a dent in our insatiable demand, and I'm betting most won't get serious about kicking the habit until it reaches $5, $6, $7 per gallon. I heard a report that some are thinking it could climb to $10 by next year. If so, we're fucked.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
great idea in theory, however the gas companies will simply spend friday counting their $100 bills, tossing them up in the air, having money fights and blowing their noses with $50's

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Speculators have already thought just a bit past Friday. Long-term conservation is the only thing that will make a dent in our insatiable demand, and I'm betting most won't get serious about kicking the habit until it reaches $5, $6, $7 per gallon. I heard a report that some are thinking it could climb to $10 by next year. If so, we're fucked.

great point. boycotting one day would be far less instrumental. a better idea is tell your friends to stop joyriding for no reason, wasting precious resources. and how many people do you know DRIVE to the fast food restaurant thats less than a block away?? we're a population of lazy people who need to stop relying on the car as an excuse to not walk or bike and get excercise

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Filss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you stupid? Do you really think you can do anything about gas prices? With China's oil demand it's just the beggining, here's a black but realistic scenario:
Actually we are screwed on a really short term. Soon oil price will be so high that China will not be able to finance the American deficit anymore, Japanese will not be able to pay for their retirements so they will also stop to finance that HUGE debt of yours. And then...
America will finaly start to realise that ultra liberalism is dangerous, but it will be to late: the next president (hillary!!) will be forced to instal a tax on consumption, the unemployment rate will explode, banks will stop to give credits and so the entire financial system will go upside down. Then unemployed people will not be able to finance their credit card anymore wich is going to make some huge banks go bankrupt. The Federal Bank will try to do something by putting the interest rates at 0% but like in Japan in 1990 it will failled.
No need to explain that without a strong American economy, Europe is fucked.
2 years of recession later the world economic growth will finaly start again but in the mid-time, China will have become the first financial power in the world.

Unfortunetly i'm not talking about the far future, but about the next decade.

Sorry for the bad english, i hope my scenario will never be true!