If You Have An Audrey Hepburn Fixation

and many gay men do, here's your chance to own a bit of history.

Next Tuesday many of Hepburn's famous Givenchy gowns are going to be auctioned. Were it nearly any other actress, I wouldn't even bother mentioning it but Hepburn made Givenchy and, it might be said, Givenchy made Hepburn. No other star has such strong associations with a design house and none made each other look so beautiful.

So if you have a spare few thousand laying around and you want to invest in a piece of fashion history, now's your chance. Given the fame of Hepburn and Givenchy together, it's a good bet that a great piece will rise in value over time. Talk to your broker about it (if he's not pushing $10 cashmere scarfs on the corner of 56th and Sixth).

Going over the lots I've noticed tons of vintage Chanel accessories as well. If you love vintage Chanel, this is a good bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Amidst Hollywood's perpetual fascination with busty blondes, Audrey Hepburn was a standout. Brunette, thin, elegant, and stately. Could portray a princess with such ease! Came natural to her. I have a coffee table book off Audrey Hepburn portraits, stills, and photos.

Didn't know about the association with Givenchy but as a nudist I'm woefully uneducated in textile matters. Thanks for the heads up. Something for me to research.

Blondes or no, The Most Beautiful Woman In The World seems to always be a brunette.

S

superbot

Without wishing to be unkind,I never quite understood her appeal.She seemed a very likable decent person for sure, but the word 'scrawny' always comes to mind.I admit that in certain films she was very good,but on the whole she was always limited to a particular type of role.I believe she is still HUGE in Japan....Was never altogether sure what nationality she was,Belgian, Dutch or British? Now if you're talking about Vivien Leigh,WELL............!

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've had a fixation with her for years. I had the opportunity to do some legal work for Gardens Of The World. She was a lovely woman. In terms of the auction I have never liked looking at the things of deceased celebrities. I would certainly never want to own them.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If You Have An Audrey Hepburn Fixation:

[Raises hand!]

I tend to avoid morbidity, but in this case, I'd treasure certain keepsakes that reminded of Audrey. Not that I could afford any of them.

S

superbot

Her father was English her mother Dutch.She took British citizenship,which she retained when she came to live in England after the war!

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always loved Audrey Hepburn from the first time that I saw her in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S when I was a teen. She was a beautiful, classy lady. Some of her flicks show up on the cable channels, and I DVR them when possible.

Sadly, her gown size would never fit me, so I'll have to pass!