If you lost your sight how would you choose your sex partner?

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I had the choice (not likely) I would wish my hearing to be lost over everything alse. Loss of sight would be more dibilitating than loss hearing. I heard that your other senses do become more senitive (like wrey said). I would have to go on sound, personality and touch. What a heavy question!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The eye rules in attraction and choosing sex partners. We are so conditioned to respond to visual cues of beauty to spark sexual interest that it seems to dominate all the other senses combined, not to mention the qualities of a person. But what if you lost your sense of sight?

What would be your criteria to select partners if you were blind? What would you find physically attractive or sexy?

Blind people use their superior sense of touch to map out an internal 3D model of what their loved one's visual appearance is, so they know exactly what we look like except for the color and the tones.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The voice says alot about a person, also the touch. I think they speak volumes as to whether the person is kind...I am not talking about nice. Anyone can be nice...it is a special person that is kind...it is in the way they view the world and offer that perspective to others. Also, the voice is very sensual, like touch and the I love to hear someone laugh, especially when that laughter is contagious!

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I normally am not interested in casual, one night stand types of sex partners, even though so have turned out to be long time affairs. My criterion for a sex partner is mainly based on qualities other than looks. I have never put much importance on looks. Yes, looks are nice, but that can just be a lucky draw of nature. And, yes, there should be an definite attraction one for the other (not just a desire to get into that persons civies) but I think this could be discovered while blindfolded.

I want someone that I can enjoy being with, one with whom I can enjoy conversing on subjects other than sex. One who loves life and finds joy in the smallest of things. One who loves to learn and gain knowledge of many diverse subjects, like the outdoors, camping, and travel.

I enjoy the smell, the voice, touch, the joy of life, wit, and the personality of another person, and can tell immediately if that person is of interest to me. So, I think I would choose my partner in the same way that I do now. Nothing would change except that I would not be able to visually judge them, which I don't really do now. This is the same for men and women whom I would chose.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The way they touch, feel to my touch, smell, and hold my mental interest. Their brand of humor would also be a big factor, for me.

Edit: Oh, I also forgot "the way they sound" and "the way they talk". Because I don't like weak voices. I also don't like people that use too much slang, spit too much, speak in ebonics/street, work-related jargon, etc..

D_Peacocke Rimplougher

Experimental Member
Media
If I had the choice (not likely) I would wish my hearing to be lost over everything alse. Loss of sight would be more dibilitating than loss hearing. I heard that your other senses do become more senitive (like wrey said). I would have to go on sound, personality and touch. What a heavy question!

there is controversial research to prove that people born deaf are less likely to be more intelligent than people born blind.

of course losing either would be a hazard but going deaf, at least there'd be no arguments!

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Communication.

exactly! If there is no communication there is no foundation for a relationship. Their willingness to let you touch and feel would be part of the communication. It doesn't have to come down to groaping them but if they don't have the openness likely there would be an issue if you were a really hands on person to begin with!