If You Post In This Thread, You Are A Genius

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
No word yet from our resident intellecual, though.
I know. You'da thunk already. Maybe he's lost and confused.

Who would have thought this thread would have made it to page 2. There must be more geniuses here than previously thought.:biggrin1:
There might be one less.

Seeing's how we just now made it to page 2, I'm not so sure you qualify for your own thread, genius. :rolleyes:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
What's with the giant?Lucky for you grammar cop is on the beat. :cop:

Question previously put to you and imported from nakedwally's "Questions Only" thread:

Can you put that in the form of a question? :rolleyes:
Helpful examples from this thread for the purpose of illustrating:

Who would have thought this thread would have made it to page 2.
That is a question. A "?" is in order.

Look at all the intellecuals gathered so far?
That is a statement. No"?" is called for. Use a period instead.

I hope this helps, genius. :tongue1:

p.s. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you got the threads confused because you're hungover and drunk.

No more champagne for you.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Gosh, Max, I'm probably the least of your worries on this site when it comes to spelling and punctuation. Or is this a form of foreplay for you?
Well, it is the "genius" thread, isn't it? :wink: And I can't deny smart people turn me on.

Yeah, the "Grammar Cop" outburst was weird.
Oh, like you never go there. :rolleyes: Anyway, it was a joke - an extension of a "question" theme Sam and I had going in the "Questions Only" thread. I guess you had to be there. Or not.

Media
Well, it is the "genius" thread, isn't it? :wink: And I can't deny smart people turn me on.
Aw, that's so sweet, Max. Are you trying to say my brain gives you a boner?

Oh, like you never go there. :rolleyes: Anyway, it was a joke - an extension of a "question" theme Sam and I had going in the "Questions Only" thread. I guess you had to be there. Or not.
Not to worry, Calboner. Max is a friend. He just wants to make sure I am at my best. Unfortunately, he is dangerously intelligent, and I am less than perfect from time to time, and he takes full advantage of it.:tongue:

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Aw, that's so sweet, Max. Are you trying to say my brain gives you a boner?
You give me a brain-boner, and a funny-boner.

Not to worry, Calboner. Max is a friend. He just wants to make sure I am at my best. Unfortunately, he is dangerously intelligent, and I am less than perfect from time to time, . . .
Who isn't? Ppls should worry less about appearing less than perfect.

. . . and he takes full advantage of it.:tongue:
I have not yet begun to take advantage of you. :mischievous:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dear God,
Please oh please, let me find myself in the middle of this smart mans thread. Where the brain cells run free and punctuation flows. Minds turn me on and well, this is heaven to me. Please, please, please let me be the creamy middle added to this three way of beefy, hung verbiage.

LuxInTenebris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's surprising how few genies there are here.

I'm not entirely sure that 'genies' will catch on as a viable alternative to our two perfectly adequate plural forms, my dear genius.* :biggrin1:
In all seriousness (and without wishing to sound too pompous) I think that both 'genii' and 'geniuses' are acceptable in Standard English but there's an ongoing debate about their usage. I'm quite sure that the 'Genii' are didactic spirits of some sort in Roman religion (help me out here, Max) while 'geniuses' specifically denotes humans. Perhaps someone can confirm that for me.

*No offence intended. :)

I have also just come to realise that my spellchecker refuses to recognise British English. Eurgh...