If You Post Photos But Aren't Verified Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I agree with the comments about the verification process not being too obvious. I was on the site for probably a decade before I finally learned that you could get verified and that it would give you free gold member access. I only learned about it when I was talking with someone and complained that I could only see thumbnails in peoples profiles and they explained verification to me.

SilicateWielder

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eh, I tried verifying once, someone gifted me premium instead. While I appreciate the gift, at the time I just wanted to have something to back up my pictures being real

Anyway, I gave up on that, and now I've begun camming semi-regularly again. Next stream will hopefully be this weekend

Crafstman74

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Step 3 in the verification process, what?

3. To get verified, add the photo or photos to an album and create a new thread in this forum with a link to the photo. Do not attach the photo, but copy and paste a link to the page that shows the photo in your album.

Feels like homework or filing a homestead tax exemption, that’s my excuse for not doing it. And oh yeah, I’m 44 and stopped advancing technologically about 4 years ago, my next phone will be a Motorola razor and I’m gonna stop texting people. True story

Reactions: gr8gatsby
D

deleted992152

Several reasons, the most legitimate being that I'm lazy and can't be bothered, but also because I'm not too fussed about watching peoples videos or seeing larger versions of their photos - I log on via my phone so the screen is tiny anyway ! haha.
My main preoccupation on this site is talking to one or two friends via Private Messages which I manage fine by still having a standard membership thanks very much :)

trackjock13

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been coming across a lot of great photos and albums posted by users that aren't verified. So I wanted to ask for those of you that aren't verified why not?

Also, did you know getting verified comes with a Gold Membership?

Most all of my photos show my face, and I only like to share my pics with guys who have similar interests. Sound reasonable? Thx Mr. LPSG...

Cum_is_Great

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have quite a good body but not an impressive cock. Hence my reticence to post photos. I like to look though :)
Dude, nice bodies get lots of love on here! They wont care if you aren't hung! Post them pics ;)

Tony8008

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Step 3 in the verification process, what?

3. To get verified, add the photo or photos to an album and create a new thread in this forum with a link to the photo. Do not attach the photo, but copy and paste a link to the page that shows the photo in your album.

Feels like homework or filing a homestead tax exemption, that’s my excuse for not doing it. And oh yeah, I’m 44 and stopped advancing technologically about 4 years ago, my next phone will be a Motorola razor and I’m gonna stop texting people. True story
Thanks for the info I'm new to LPSG but I'm having alot of fun on it.

I don't know, never really crossed my mind, or felt like I needed to.
Yup! I don’t know of a reason to verify. I have no reason to lie to you and I’m assuming (ass-u-me) that your not lying to me.
The convos I’ve added to may have helped someone. Also some convos I’ve read have helped me, others conversations have at least made me think.
I’m just saying I’m happy here at my comfort level and if we can help each other, possibly even Mr. Mr. LPSG would be happier that he had a small part.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Once upon a time, before the last major reinvention of the site, All you had to do was make a sign and take a photo with it, to get advanced membership. After the change over, you had to take new gender verifying frontal photos to be confirmed.

Two owners ago? I don't know, it's been so long! I too was verified when all it required was making some kind of sign with your LPSG handle on it. When the new verification process required a full body shot, I said No Thanks.

No verification pic implies that perhaps none of that user’s posted pics are of themself. At least one verification pic makes it far more likely the rest of that user’s pics are themself but of course not guaranteed. In my view any pic posted in a “show off” area of the site or any “exhibitionist” area should be verified, i.e. include the user’s LPSG userid.

There is nothing to prevent any member, of any status (Verified or not, Gold or guest) from posting pictures that are not of themselves, and many hundreds have done so over the years. With the thousands of users on this site, and the probably 10's of thousands of pictures, there is simply no way to verify that any picture is legitimate[/QUOTE]

Reactions: ronin001

Kahuna

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
There is nothing to prevent any member, of any status (Verified or not, Gold or guest) from posting pictures that are not of themselves, and many hundreds have done so over the years. With the thousands of users on this site, and the probably 10's of thousands of pictures, there is simply no way to verify that any picture is legitimate
Agree. And in fact in the few months I've been here, I've seen more than some verified users whose other pics I'm convinced were fakes (some of them has been banned, some others are still here ;)). But this is not a point against verification imo. This just shows that verification is not the perfect solution for that, but many times verification pics match with the others, thus proving that they are legitimate. This is better that nothing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.