If you see a Pitbull alone on the street what do you do?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Easy.
Unless he actually seems dangerous, help him or her find the way back home.
Are you smart enough to determine when a dog is a threat?

I did this twice with pitbulls.
One I brought home and had for 3 days until I tracked his owner down.

And you would call the police on Pete?

Attachments

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
By no means approach it, especially if it starts spouting really bad poetry.
Ignorant critic

:biggrin1:
I have to say his best stuff is actually quite sexy,
A highly intelligent connoisseur of poetry.

I once lost a game of chess to a Pitbull.
I play a mean game of chess too

I bring him home and take care of him.
Tell me where you live and I'll wander down your street

Pitbulls were bred for fighting, not for attacking people. A properly bred pitbull should be as docile around humans as a lab. Finding a proper pitbull is not that easy these days as there are lots of disreputable breeders who select the most aggressive traits.

Were I to see one I'd just keep walking and leave it be, acting as unaggressively as possible. If it were to show aggressive tendencies, I'd respond to it much like Mel Gibson responded to the Rottie in one of his Lethal Weapon movies. Act like a submissive dog and you should be good to go once you convince the dog you're not a threat. It takes a tremendous amount of counter-training for a dog to be aggressive when you're lying on the ground on your back licking your lips and pawing the air. When you speak dog, dogs respond quickly.

B_hungprepjock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'd sic my boa constrictor on it.

But, BTW, aren't pitbulls just another breed of terrier like wilful but lovable, little Scottie? As much as they may carry on, and as ferocious their reputation (for, e.g., the vice-like grip of their jaws), unless they've been mistreated or have rabies or distemper, they're just dogs.

In re the OP, are you afraid of dogs in general?

Media
If I saw a Pitbull on the street like that, my first instinct would be to go the other way. I don't trust them.
I have met people that raised their Pit to be good dogs and even then, I was hesitant to pet them.

I knew someone that had a Rottweiler, massive dog he was. Taller than me when he reared up on his back legs and he was AGGRESSIVE. When the dog and his owner was over at my friend's house, I avoided going over. The dog could not be trusted in my estimation, for the simple fact that he would leap for the front door every time someone knocked.

My nephew was attacked by a Rottweiler years ago. Long story short, they had to put the dog down. In defending himself, my nephew grabbed the dog by the mouth and broke his jaw in order to get the dog to stop biting him. This was after the dog pounced and knocked him to the ground.

The nephew was making a delivery and the dog was not properly restrained.

Last edited:

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I saw a Pitbull on the street like that, my first instinct would be to go the other way. I don't trust them.
I have met people that raised their Pit to be good dogs and even then, I was hesitant to pet them.

I knew someone that had a Rottweiler, massive dog he was. Taller than me when he reared up on his back legs and he was AGGRESSIVE. When the dog and his owner was over at my friend's house, I avoided going over. The dog could not be trusted in my estimation, for the simple fact that he would leap for the front door every time someone knocked.

My nephew was attacked by a Rottweiler years ago. Long story short, they had to put the dog down. In defending himself, my nephew grabbed the dog by the mouth and broke his jaw in order to get the dog to stop biting him. This was after the dog pounced and knocked him to the ground.

The nephew was making a delivery and the dog was not properly restrained.

I don't blame you, man.

Some people like to think of dogs as having self control, an objective, empirical mentality, a subscription to Forbes and a bachelor degree. Dogs are animals... they are most definitely not human and do not think in complex terms like humans do. If a dog, for some unknown and strange reason, deems a person a threat... they'll react to the person as such. Sometimes all it takes is for a person to "smell wrong," as it were, for the dog to switch to aggressive mode. I've seen dogs only bark and bite black people when its owners/handlers punished it each and every time it did so. Many times, dogs do not behave according to the way their handler desires them to. Sometimes, punishment only makes the dog more aggressive and sometimes it works like a charm. I don't do the unpredictable animal thing. Dogs are unpredictable and therefore: not to be trusted. Training only goes so far... in the end, you're lucky if you get a wonderfully behaved dog.