If you want to know what women have been up to, look at men’s genitals

D

deleted15807

Interesting to say the least.........

Another piece of physiological evidence of women’s promiscuity throughout evolutionary history is the precise shape of the human penis and what men do with it.

Gordon_Gallup.jpg
This discovery was made by Professor Gordon G. Gallup, Jr. and his collaborators at the State University of New York - Albany. Gordon is one of the most creative, imaginative, and productive evolutionary psychologists who ever lived. (For example, it is due to his early, incredibly ingenious experiment conducted nearly 40 years ago that we know that chimpanzees and gorillas have consciousness like humans do, while dogs and cats don’t, but perhaps that’s a topic for another post.) That’s Gordon in the picture on the left, giving a plenary address on this very topic (as you can see) at the first annual meeting of the
NorthEastern Evolutionary Psychological Society (Photo credit: Jay Landolfi). Gordon is a magnificent speaker but very seldom gives talks at conferences. So those of us who got to listen to his talk there experienced a truly historic moment.

The shape of the human penis is quite distinct from that of many other primate species. In particular, the glans (“head”) of the human penis is shaped like a wedge. The diameter of the posterior glans is larger than the penis shaft itself, and the coronal ridge, which rises at the interface between the glans and the shaft, is positioned perpendicular to the shaft, as the picture indicates.

In addition, the human male during copulation engages in repeated thrusting motions before he ejaculates. The combined effect of the particular shape of the penis glans and the repeated thrusting motions during intercourse is to draw foreign semen back away from the cervix. If a female copulated with more than one male within a short period of time, this would allow subsequent males to “scoop out” semen left by others before ejaculating. In other words, according to Gallup, the human penis is a “semen displacement device.” It is designed and used to remove other men’s semen from the cervix before the man ejaculates.

If women did not engage in extensive extra-pair copulations throughout human evolutionary history, then the human penis would not be shaped as it is (like a wedge or scoop), and the human male would not engage in repeated thrusting motions during intercourse before ejaculating. Clear evidence of women’s promiscuity throughout evolutionary history is in the size and shape of men’s genitals and what men do with them.

Size.jpg

This figure schematically summarizes my last two posts and more. The main circles for both sexes in comparison to the black circle to the right indicate the degree of sexual dimorphism in size (the relative body size of the male and the female within each species). The main circles for males of all great ape species are larger than the female comparison figure, and the main circles for females of all species are smaller than the male comparison figure. This is because males of all great ape species are larger than their females.

The pair of smaller circles indicates the relative size of testes (for male) and breasts (for females) across species. The appendage indicates the relative size of the penis (for males) and ovaries (for females) across species. As I mention in my last post, men have testes which are larger than gorillas and orangutans (whose females are largely sexually exclusive to their mates) but smaller than bonobos and chimpanzees (whose females are highly promiscuous). Incidentally, the figure indicates that, relative to males of other great ape species, men have an unusually large penis. I’m not aware of any evolutionary explanation for this observation, but if this doesn’t shut up your girlfriend, I don’t know what does.

Of course, the figure also indicates that, relative to females of other great ape species, women have unusually large breasts. We explain why this might be in Chapter 3 of our book Why Beautiful People Have More Daughters (“Barbie -- Manufactured by Mattel, Designed by Evolution”) or more briefly here. If this doesn’t shut up your boyfriend, I don’t know what does.

If you want to know what women have been up to, look at men’s genitals II: The penis | Psychology Today Blogs

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Okay, let me get this straight. Women have been historically predatory, promiscuously mating with multiple males whose only recourse has been to scoop out all that previous spunk so they can make their own babies.

That means that we've had it all wrong for thousands of years. Thank goodness for this fine doctor who has put us on the right road. :rolleyes2:

Nikkiwadlin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it is bunk. The male penis needs the friction, just like a dog, in order to ejaculate. I'm not small down there, but it is hard to even feel the sides of most women's vagi's.

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
People always have their biological theories. All they ever are is a bunch of guesswork. People that go through college for it are eventually paid to ptut on a white lab coat and guess what life was like long ago, and to imagine why something is the way it is in nature. For example: i've heard the argument that people "evolved" to have terrible armpit odor so that animals wouldn't eat them in the wild.

Looking at a man's genitals has nothing to do with having sex with a woman, as many gay men will tell you. (ba dum tsh!).

D

deleted15807

Looking at a man's genitals has nothing to do with having sex with a woman, as many gay men will tell you. (ba dum tsh!).

That simply can't be. If it was all about gay sex why would nature/evolution even bother with testicles and semen? Semen is pretty much useless for gay sex from an evolutionary/reproductive standpoint.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Women, promiscuous? Go on now.

Never thought of my meatus as being a cum scooper. On the same note wouldn't the thrusting motion HELP push the other man's semen towards the cervix? Also what about uncut guys? That ridge ain't a very effective scoop for them with foreskin covering it. Oy...

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
I'm not convinced the theory is accurate, as other factors come into play, but perhaps (and that is just a perhaps) some support for it is found in recent studies, which indicate 50% of women have cheated on husbands. And it stands to reason then that the percentage of women cheating is probably significantly higher concerning bfs (all one has to do is watch the Real World episodes and it becomes painfully all too obvious how many chicks will cheat on bfs). This all seems to imply a natural tendency for single women to sleep around with some frequency. The percentage of guys cheating is simliar, but that is immaterial to the theory presented in the OP.