If you were able to live your life over again...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Would you be able to correct all the mistakes that you made?

I think I would be able to correct a few financial mistakes, but there are others that I know I would not be able to correct.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't really think of anything in my life that I would "do over".

I am who I am because of what I have been through. Every mistake or bad decision has always lead to huge personal growth.

I would like to go back in some periods of my life, and take more oppurtunites that were presented to me. I would only do this if they didn't change my family structure as it is now.

x

Honey

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you have the wisdom now to correct the mistakes that you made in the past, then presumably you could. If you didn't, then you probably wouldn't know it until you had the opportunity to make the same mistakes again.

If I could do my life over, there are plenty of things I would have done differently.

I would have invested heavily in Microsoft stock in the 80s.

I would have visited Poland earlier than 2004.

I wouldn't have dated only one girl in high school and I certainly wouldn't have proposed to her.

I would have seen Nine Inch Nails in concert on the Self Destruct Tour when I had the opportunity in 1994.

I wouldn't have tried to pass that Mustang on I-66 in May of 2003.

I wouldn't have trusted Frank from Amsterdam.

I would have tried to talk Gray out of killing himself.

I would have invented and patented many of the things I thought up long before someone else ever invented and sold them.

I wouldn't have wasted money going to see Transformers in the movie theater.
if i could start again
a million miles away
i would keep myself
i would find a way

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I would have seen Nine Inch Nails in concert on the Self Destruct Tour when I had the opportunity in 1994.

Eat your heart out. I saw NIN on the Petty Hate Machine Tour. Just after the album came out it was being played at a local club that I went too. I thought they (he) had alot of good songs.

They played at a dive club called the Pipeline in North Newark. The place was only half full. I actually shook his hand and asked them where they were from. That night they set up a table, I think they were selling CD or other things.

The second time they came around on tour again at the same club I could not get in because it was so packed. My favorite NIN song is Get Down Make Love. Trent also sang lead vocals on the song Supernaut by (1000HomoDjs) a Ministy side project. Due to conflicts in his contract someone else had to re-do the song.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've talked to Trent more than once. I've been at a bar with Geordie and Rob. I've seen them in concert something like 15 times now various places around the world. and... while it would have been awesome seeing Trent touring in '88 or whenever it was you saw him.... I think personally I would have rather seen the Self Destruct tour. From concert footage that one looks to be by far the most raucous and crazy of any of their tours, even if the Fragility and later With_Teeth shows had higher production values, and IMO Fragility 2.0 was still their best show. But I still wish I saw them earlier, and I could have, I just didn't.

drrionelli

Experimental Member
Media
I suppose that if I were able to re-live my life, knowing what I now know, sure, I'd be able to correct the mistakes I've thus far made.

By extension, I'd have to do so just to give me time to make more...and different...mistakes the next time through! Which to me would be the only way to go. After all, I've enjoyed my life, so far, in spite of all the garbage that we all encounter.

But, if I had to live it over, I'd change everything about it. Otherwise, why bother?

mattyacht

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had the opportunity to do the Keyboard player for NINE INCH NAILS and turned it down. He was at the RAW HIDE in New Orleans.
That I don't regret.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been sitting here trying to think of what I would change should I
be given the chance to do something over.

My entire life has been one of experimenting, and learning through trial
and error. But, I don't think that I ever did anything that was harmful to others, was meanspirited, or visious. I have many good friends, have had
a wonderful and satisfying career, have been in good health, and enjoyed
having the wonderful support of my family and friends. I can't think of anything that I would do differetly, EXCEPT one thing.

I wouldn't have been such a wimp, with regards to my x father-in-law, and
would have fought harder to save my marriage and keep my wife and son. He thought I was not good enough, rich enough, nor held the proper social
standing that "he" desired for his daughter and grandson. I should have told him that it was "he" that was not good enough to be her father, since it was his constant interferrence and meddling that caused the marriage to come apart.
THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY THING THAT I WOULD CHANGE!

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would:

1. Be less of a geek:wink:
2. Not make a mistake I made with a close friend (a mistake I regret to this very second):redface:
3. Do anything I possibly could to prevent my father's death, even if it meant sacrificing my own.:frown:
4. Reconsider a previous job offer
5. Have kids at a younger age.

There's a few other things (minor), but these are the most prevalent points.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if I could live my life over...
I'd of been a man.
Why on earth would you want to decrease your brain power and ability to multi-task? :confused::tongue:

Most, if not all, of what has gone wrong for me could be corrected.
It's never too late. . . :smile:

I've been sitting here trying to think of what I would change should I
be given the chance to do something over.

My entire life has been one of experimenting, and learning through trial
and error. But, I don't think that I ever did anything that was harmful to others, was mean spirited, or vicious. I have many good friends, have had
a wonderful and satisfying career, have been in good health, and enjoyed
having the wonderful support of my family and friends. I can't think of anything that I would do differetly, EXCEPT one thing.

I wouldn't have been such a wimp, with regards to my x father-in-law, and
would have fought harder to save my marriage and keep my wife and son. He thought I was not good enough, rich enough, nor held the proper social
standing that "he" desired for his daughter and grandson. I should have told him that it was "he" that was not good enough to be her father, since it was his constant interferrence and meddling that caused the marriage to come apart.
THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY THING THAT I WOULD CHANGE!
Re: your last paragraph are you sure it was her pompous arrogant dad and not your 60% gay that broke up the marriage? :confused::redface:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is hard for me to answer. Part of me wants to say "YES!" because I know that if I could change some of the mistakes I made, my life would be easier now. BUT... the logical part of me says no, because if I hadn't experienced those things, I wouldn't be who I am today.

smoothster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't correct any mistakes, I'd try to make a whole lot more!

And start having more fun at a younger age!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because I'd rather be a male.. not a female. I'm not cut out for life as a girl, nor do I really enjoy it.

Hey, I've always felt the same way! Especially when I was younger. I do like sex with men as a woman though. :tongue:

What would I do differently? I am not sure I could change my traditionally male interests without being completely untrue to myself, although it caused me a lot of grief from other people when I was growing up. I would've probably tried to be less sensitive about stuff people said to me and know the difference between when they were telling the truth or just pulling my leg in order to get a rise out of me. That would've helped my life tremendously right there.

Although I did well in school, if I'd been happier/not so unpopular, I think I could've done even better, and been eligible for scholarships and such. So I would've done that - hopefully been not so unpopular because of changing some of the behaviors I mentioned in the above paragraph, and I would not have been too depressed to study, and maybe I wouldn't have needed to live in a dream world like I did at that age.

Then, I would've gone to a different college (I had no business going to a conservative Catholic college, with MY attitudes about things!) and chosen a different major (I have actually come to hate the field that my bachelor's degree is in, psychology, probably due to pop psychologists and all that stuff.)

Hopefully with the changes above, I'd be less shy, and not so self conscious when I do things, so I'd have better skills and have a better chance at jobs.

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Since we're getting specific:

I would have tried ahrder early on in school. :3 That would lead to major life changes.

I would relive having to live with my dad, as falling head over heels for Aaron Pittenger is what made me sure I was gay.

I would have taken better care of my dog, Titus.

I would have accepted my Grnmother's generous offer of buying me that car when I was 16, instead of waiting until I was 19 to buy a piece of junk! Seriously, wtf on my part.

I would have kept certain people away, to avoid being hurt so many times.