if your circumcision status is different from your fathers'...

Ohioguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My father was circumcised & I was, but I am not. It completely grew back as a young infant & my parents decided not to put me through it again. When I say it grew back I mean it really grew back as the head of my dick is completely covered. My sons are cut. As a young boy growing up all my friends were cut. I felt different and awkward. We decided that it was best for our sons to be cut. When my son was in high school, he, my son's wrestling coach & I had a conversation on this topic. The wrestling coach said he & his wife would have the damn thing cut off their son when he was born just for appearance sake. My son said he was happy we had him cut. I think everyone is happy or should be happy with their own junk. I feel sorry for those that are not happy.

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My dad is uncut, I'm cut. I've asked him about it, and it turns out that their doctor had told them the myths about it being so much healthier and how much more I was sure to like it, and they bought it and did it on the spur of the moment. I would guess that is the standard sequence of events when this happens. When we had this conversation, I asked with some sarcasm why he didn't get circumcised too, if he was so sure it was so much better. That kind of woke him up a little to what bullshit it was. They're sorry now that they made the unnecessary and irreversible choice for me (dad was reached by hearing about how it DID turn out to make me feel, mom was horrified to be shown the videos of how RIC procedures go when she had been told it was just a quick snip), but you can't unring a bell 30 years later, can you?

Far shame on doctors who feed parents the myths and get them to make an arbitrary choice in the moment that they wouldn't have otherwise. They must have been out molesting patients at their hospital internship on the day ethics were covered in medical school.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My dad is cut. I was not cut because I was born 2 months premature and spent the first 3 months of my life in the hospital. When my mom went to have me cut we had a silly doctor who flat out made every excuse in the world not to do it (based on the medical records I later uncovered). At age 23 I was circumcised and I am quite fine with it. My dad has never discussed his status openly but he certainly doesnt appear to have any negative feelings towards circumcision.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
My father was circumcised & I was, but I am not. It completely grew back as a young infant & my parents decided not to put me through it again. When I say it grew back I mean it really grew back as the head of my dick is completely covered.

?!?!?!?! How is this possible? Flesh that has been cut away does not grow back. Post some pics please. I'd like to see the magic foreskin. I am not being sarcastic. I am curious as to how this is possible and as to how it looks. Is the scar visible where your circumcision took place? Did the dr. just barely take any off? Did he just not take any off at all and charge your parents?

Reactions: good96
D

deleted23084

My dad is uncut, I'm cut. I've asked him about it, and it turns out that their doctor had told them the myths about it being so much healthier and how much more I was sure to like it, and they bought it and did it on the spur of the moment. I would guess that is the standard sequence of events when this happens. When we had this conversation, I asked with some sarcasm why he didn't get circumcised too, if he was so sure it was so much better. That kind of woke him up a little to what bullshit it was. They're sorry now that they made the unnecessary and irreversible choice for me (dad was reached by hearing about how it DID turn out to make me feel, mom was horrified to be shown the videos of how RIC procedures go when she had been told it was just a quick snip), but you can't unring a bell 30 years later, can you?

Hey Travis, that's a great response to your dad. I'll try the same thing if it comes up. But how did you manage to talk to your dad a bit more about your feelings? And showing your mother the videos must have been tough. I don't think I could bring myself to do that, even though I've watched one (well most of one, they're pretty tough to watch but then so is any surgery if you're as squeamish as I am.)

D

deleted23084

I know a guy who was born at home, and then circumcised on the kitchen table.

That's probably the most confronting story I've heard - you'd never be able to eat or prepare anything at that table again, knowing what was done to you there.

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey Travis, that's a great response to your dad. I'll try the same thing if it comes up. But how did you manage to talk to your dad a bit more about your feelings? And showing your mother the videos must have been tough. I don't think I could bring myself to do that, even though I've watched one (well most of one, they're pretty tough to watch but then so is any surgery if you're as squeamish as I am.)
I'm very unhappy with the fact that I was circumcised at birth and wanted to make sure they knew it. There's a faulty idea going around that men don't mind having it decided for them, and it will only change if men like me start saying, "Actually, no, I'm not fine with this." No father wants his son to be unhappy with his penis, and no mother wants something done to her newborn son that will make him scream, bleed, and convulse. So telling him how I feel and showing her the truth when she had been lied to about it were what needed to happen. I agree it's tough to watch, but maybe if more people knew how it is, they wouldn't be as willing to put their baby sons through it.

gardinjason

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm circumcised and my dad isn't. Actually no one in my family is circumcised, that I know of. I suspect my cousin who is four years older may be circumcised too, but I've never known for sure.

Reactions: good96

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm very unhappy with the fact that I was circumcised at birth and wanted to make sure they knew it. There's a faulty idea going around that men don't mind having it decided for them, and it will only change if men like me start saying, "Actually, no, I'm not fine with this." No father wants his son to be unhappy with his penis, and no mother wants something done to her newborn son that will make him scream, bleed, and convulse. So telling him how I feel and showing her the truth when she had been lied to about it were what needed to happen. I agree it's tough to watch, but maybe if more people knew how it is, they wouldn't be as willing to put their baby sons through it.

How old are you, Travis? I was cut when I was born too but it was the mid 50s. I can't hold my parents accountable for their decision now and won't. It was a customary practice back then. They didn't have the information we have today. When I asked my mom about it she said they weren't even asked about it. It was routine in the hospitals. I really can't be angry with my parents and what would be the point of showing them a video? The hospital/doctors were at fault - they knew what was going on although there's an argument that says that even they didn't know (then) the pros/cons of RIC.

My father is also cut by the way. He couldn't recall any reason why he was cut either but never gave it a thought. He said that he thought the same thing; that it was routine. Even in the early 30s!

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thickjohnny & others: What do they mean to say by "routine in hospitals"? I can totally buy that they were just handed forms and told "here, sign this." It's hard for me to imagine consent forms weren't involved though... It's possible I guess, there were fewer lawsuits then. Just curious!

I do think it's true that researching this decision must have been awful back in the day. I think a lot of parents probably resorted to silly reasons ("I heard it's better somehow I guess," "tradition," "look like the dad") back then, of course. But without the Internet, there'd be no way to evaluate the medical studies, or even know how many people have mixed feelings about the practice. Information glut has its downsides, but it's a much better world where we're not just deferring to tradition or limited anecdotal experience.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my father is uncut, I am cut. I was cut at about 3 because I an excessive foreskin. I did ask and this is what I was told. I wanted to know why I was different from my father and brother.. I was about 8 or 9 I guess when i asked. happily I was cut very loose but I do wish I had been left with all that awesome overhang.

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How old are you, Travis? I was cut when I was born too but it was the mid 50s. I can't hold my parents accountable for their decision now and won't. It was a customary practice back then. They didn't have the information we have today. When I asked my mom about it she said they weren't even asked about it. It was routine in the hospitals. I really can't be angry with my parents and what would be the point of showing them a video? The hospital/doctors were at fault - they knew what was going on although there's an argument that says that even they didn't know (then) the pros/cons of RIC.

My father is also cut by the way. He couldn't recall any reason why he was cut either but never gave it a thought. He said that he thought the same thing; that it was routine. Even in the early 30s!
Mine was in the mid-80s. People knew a little better then, but still not much. It's true that showing my mother how it's done and shocking her won't change what happened to me, but that's one more person who knows the truth.

D

deleted23084

Mine was in the mid-80s. People knew a little better then, but still not much. It's true that showing my mother how it's done and shocking her won't change what happened to me, but that's one more person who knows the truth.

I'm in two minds about those videos. I've watched one and I felt pretty horrified but then any surgery in a video makes me feel a bit queasy. I'm sure if I had a video of my wisdom teeth being removed I'd be appalled too. I sometimes wonder if they aren't put up online to try and make us cut men feel bad for something we can't change, rather than anything else.

Anyway, Travis you spoke to your parents which is more than a lot of us. I'm interested whether other guys have actually raised this with their dads and asked why their status is different?

Ohioguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My father was circumcised. I was, but I am not. It completely grew back when I was a child. My sons are circumcised.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As has been pointed out several times before, it is not possible for penile shaft skin to grow into a prepuce on its own. The appearance of being uncut can happen when one puts on weight and existing penile shaft skin is pushed forward. The characteristic structures that define the foreskin, including the smooth dartos muscle, Meissner's corpuscles and specialized lamina, are removed during circumcision and do not regenerate.

Like many on LPSG, I'm sure, I don't know whether my father has been circumcised. I also have no idea whether my brother is circumcised. My family has always respected each other's privacy.