If your friend told you he was gay....

D

deleted3782

I would point out cute guys to him, treat his male "friends" with more understanding, and listen to his fashion advice a lot more intently.

sandwulf

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That would depend entirely on which of my friends was coming out.
A few of them I would think about differently. Not in a negative way mind. but I really wouldn't treat them differently in a general sense.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(not that he wants to go to bed with you) How would you take it?
Would you think of him any differently than you do now?

I imagine a straight male might have any one of a number of reactions.

As a straight woman when a male friend I had known since the 2nd grade revealed he was gay in his mid 20's I was a little pissed off at first that he hadn't trusted me enough to tell me sooner. Especially since he knew I already had gay friends. Once I stopped thinking about me and started thinking about him (that took maybe 10 minutes) I was cool with it. He's still my best bud, he still calls me for fashion advice and he's still 19 days older than me. :biggrin1: The only thing I can't stand is that he's a friggin' Republican. :12:

PS - He was a Republican long before he was gay or came out of the closet. I blame his dad for that defect. the rest of him is cool. :cool:

Last edited:

EFH33

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
(not that he wants to go to bed with you) How would you take it?
Would you think of him any differently than you do now?

I've had this happen. He was actually afriad I was going to hate him or not deal with him anymore. I told him I had my suspicions he was gay, but he's my friend and he'll be my friend no matter what. His sexual preference doesn't change the friendship we've built.

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i would say this exactly, "um... oookay." :biggrin1:

ive told a couple of my friends from HS i was gay in the past few weeks (both female.) i must say it was an interesting experience for me. mostly because both of them offhandedly mentioned wanting to have sex with me. a lot. and i had no idea. it was funny how they felt comfortable saying that after i told them im gay lol. i was completely oblvious.... and partly because one of them preached at me about god and stuff and how there arent any good black men out there for the sistas anymore. (apparently theyre all gay now. only the bad ones are left lmao)

-_-

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I would never treat one of my friends differently because they wanted to come out of the closet. That's lame and not being a good friend IMO. I'd just take it as something else about them that I didn't previously know and chuck it right in along with everything else that I love about my Friend.

I wouldn't make it seem like their being openly gay is the one thing that makes them up entirely. That was something that I hated when I first came out. There were certain people in the beginning that always had 'a gay question.' Go figure. First, I let him know that I was cool with their decision and happy they felt comfortable enough to share that with me. Let them know that I didn't care in a good way, would never treat them disrespectfully because of their choice, and still be there for them like I always been. My friend would remain my friend like they had always been.​

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The only thing I can't stand is that he's a friggin' Republican. :12:

PS - He was a Republican long before he was gay or came out of the closet. I blame his dad for that defect. the rest of him is cool. :cool:

A GAY REPUBLICAN???
Such things exist??
Stop the world!! Hide him before the other gay people find out and kill him!! :tongue:

B_Artful Dodger

Experimental Member
Media
I might have to think more carefully in general conversation when they were around so as not to say anything that might offend them... But it wouldn't change how i feel towards them as a friend.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i would say this exactly, "um... oookay." :biggrin1:

ive told a couple of my friends from HS i was gay in the past few weeks (both female.) i must say it was an interesting experience for me. mostly because both of them offhandedly mentioned wanting to have sex with me. a lot. and i had no idea. it was funny how they felt comfortable saying that after i told them im gay lol. i was completely oblvious.... and partly because one of them preached at me about god and stuff and how there arent any good black men out there for the sistas anymore. (apparently theyre all gay now. only the bad ones are left lmao)

-_-
Don't get caught off guard. Faithful folks like to fuck too:smile:. Damn, all of the good black men are either extinct or gay? I didn't get the newsletter:wink:

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Great encouraging responses..,heck, I wish all of you were my friends.

One thing I think is certain is that if a person does not have an issue with their own sexuality..than neithe rwould the other person..