If your house were on fire what would you try to pull out?

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would only be concerened with getting outta here alive...the only things I TRULY value in this house are some pictures & videos...but the box I have them in is too big & heavy to attempt a rescue...everything else can be replaced...

In order of importance:

1. My dogs
  2. My nursing home bag
  3. My backup drive
  4. My car (under-house garage)
  5. My grandfather's tie clip
  6. My g. grandfather's pocket watch
  7. My g.g. grandmother's painting
  8. My boarding school yearbooks
  9. My grandparents' clocks
  10. My g. grandmother's stereopticons and slides
  11. My grandmothers' tables
  12. My father
  13. My iPod
  14. My Gucci loafers (40th b.day present to myself)

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If I had a dog I would risk my life to save it. A cat? maybe...

Or a child, obviously.

Nothing material though. Thats stupid.

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anything you have worth risking your life over?
After making sure my elderly parents were out safely I would grab the photo albums. My private school yearbooks, and if time allowed some clothes to get us thru the coming rough spots.

Is it shallow of me to want to grab our fur coats after I grab clothes? :confused: Afterall it is winter here . . .

alright Earl...enough with the "deep" philosophical questions for the day....PLEASE!! The current "internet generation" can't think that hard all at the same time...(we have TEXTING to do for crying out loud!)
:lmao: Right you are. :biggrin1::cool: Sometimes I am too lazy to get out of bed and turn on my PC, :redface: so I have Yahoo IM on my cell phone. :tongue: I can keep in touch with the real world that way as well as via texting.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
My off-spring and my animals.

The insurance docs are not in a fireproof box but I'd never find the fuckers either so I wouldn't bother trying. Hmmm... perhaps I should buy a fireproof box!

If I could conveniently grab my mobile on the way out the door to phone the fire brigade I would but again - I wouldn't go back in or stop to look for it.

There's plenty of stuff of sentimental value I'd be devastated to lose (paintings from my father, my grandmother's charm bracelet, my grandfather's watch, my teddy bear that I've had since birth :redface:) but the people those things represent to me would much rather see me alive than burned in a fire trying to save an inanimate object. It'd be more disrespectful to those people to go back in than it would be to let the things burn.

My off-spring and my animals.

The insurance docs are not in a fireproof box but I'd never find the fuckers either so I wouldn't bother trying. Hmmm... perhaps I should buy a fireproof box!

If I could conveniently grab my mobile on the way out the door to phone the fire brigade I would but again - I wouldn't go back in or stop to look for it.

There's plenty of stuff of sentimental value I'd be devastated to lose (paintings from my father, my grandmother's charm bracelet, my grandfather's watch, my teddy bear that I've had since birth :redface:) but the people those things represent to me would much rather see me alive than burned in a fire trying to save an inanimate object. It'd be more disrespectful to those people to go back in than it would be to let the things burn.

Oh come off it woman! You live in France! The French canonize women who go up in flames. What's better? Being safe and cozy outside or having an express ticket to heaven? :newangel: