If your house were on fire what would you try to pull out?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
In order of importance:
12. My father

Jason, are you joking?:cool:

Wife, pets, journal, passport, wallet, PC, DS.
In that order, conditional on encumbrance and the conflagration.

Two questions:
Wife? who?
DS? wazzat?

I would try to grab my wallet, my passport and, if time, my computer ... just the PC itself, not the monitor.
With a fire of any severity, nothing else would make the cut.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Oh come off it woman! You live in France! The French canonize women who go up in flames. What's better? Being safe and cozy outside or having an express ticket to heaven? :newangel:

You make a good argument - but I just watched Dogma the other night and, if it is to be believed, there ain't no cock in heaven!! :eek:

Wife, pets, journal, passport, wallet, PC, DS.

In that order, conditional on encumbrance and the conflagration.

Wife?

Two questions:
Wife? who?

He said his wife!

1) I meant my partner. I hate Freud. And not because of Oedipus.

Ah... I see. What about Electra? Oh wait, that was Jung and you don't have a daughter... yet :rolleyes:

The Brazilian Ladies Beach Volleyball Squad.

What about the coach?:eek:

He's had him already. :cool:

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My cat, and I would hope I had a pair of pants handy. If at all possible I would try to put out the fire cuz I bet its a pisser getting the ins co to pay to get your place rebuilt.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I had a dog I would risk my life to save it. A cat? maybe...

Or a child, obviously.

Nothing material though. Thats stupid.

obviously, no one here is stupid enough (or at least, i hope not) to actually wanna risk their life for material things that can easily be replaced. but come on bruddah, play along :biggrin1:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know I thought about this when I was videotaping my stuff for the insurance company the other day and I realized I wouldn't really care if any of this stuff went up in flames.

I'd probably just take my bathrobe so I wouldn't have to stand on the street naked as my house burned.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, I'd pull out my fiancee first. But since he's more spry than I and he'd be out first anyway...

I guess I'd pull out my dick and do what comes naturally. There's nothing else that would make me feel good while watching all my stuff go up in flames.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know I thought about this when I was videotaping my stuff for the insurance company the other day and I realized I wouldn't really care if any of this stuff went up in flames.

I'd probably just take my bathrobe so I wouldn't have to stand on the street naked as my house burned.
Bing, bing, bing! We have ourselves a winner!

Having been through the terror of a fire-a few years ago, one floor down-I can make clear that the last thing that most folks think about is all their personal posessions as what they must get out. In our building, it was people first, animals were a secondary thought (and I don't care how cruel that may sound). Nobody arrived downstairs with their computer or CD player (this was just before the ipod fad), people escaped and were glad of it. Since it happened at 11:30 at night, many were still clothed in street clothes; but, some were not. It was winter and one man stood there in sweatpants and t-shirt in bare feet-he was slightly out of it and was holding a pair of shoes in his hand. As fires go it was relatively minor-only 3 apartments sustained significant fire damage, 5 had water damage and several of us had smoke damage. By the end of the next day, most of us were back in our apartments and the locks on the doors had been changed (the FDNY has a habit of smashing open the door-you'd think they'd knock to see if the inhabitants were decently clad). I even put up new blinds after I got back home.

Watch newsreels and notice the number of people standing outside their burning homes wearing pajajas or a bathrobe or just an overcoat (with nothing beneath it). It's rare people grab stuff-although I did grab my backpack since it was by the door.

-and a footnote for Earl-I am sure the light from the flames would exquisitely highlight the wonderful contours of your body, so ditch the robe.