If you're uncut, is the head of your penis dry?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by LemacST, Jan 8, 2008.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

Mine is. I think it's because I jerk off a lot and because I vigorously clean the head of my penis whenever I shower...infact, there's often some painful friction directly after I dry myself off and there's no natural lube for the foreskin to roll over (this never happens once I get an erection though). My foreskin isn't tight, it hasn't been ever since I began masturbating (I'm a whore) so the head of my penis is always dry and almost "cracked", in the sense that it isn't smooth and sensitive like it was when I was younger. This is basically like what being cut is, except I also have a foreskin, lol...anyway, I'm wondering what I can do to restore some sensitivity, if that's even possible at this point. If anything, I just don't want the head to be as dry. I also can't really last more than 1 1/2 days without masturbation, I kind of go crazy.

2. Mule

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    After you shower and dry off, put some vaseline under your foreskin to keep everything supple and smooth.

3. seamonster

seamonster Member

i'm uncut and dryness has never been an issue for me

4. Mule

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Me neither. I suspect the OP has a deficit of natural lube, which is why I suggested some vaseline.

5. bigaussie

bigaussie Member

same, im uncut and never been a problem of being too dry. unless my foreskin and been retracted for awhile

6. flaman

flaman New Member

uncut as well, and never a problem.

7. erratic

Gold Member

I used to have that problem and found out it was because of the soaps I was using. Now I clean up after masturbation, or just as part of my regular shower, with lots of running water but no soap. It's just as clean. I use really gentle soaps after it's been in my mouth or my partner.

8. smudgey

smudgey Member

Albums:
    I don't generally precum that much so my head is generally dry when wanking, but I've never had a problem really... I reckon some kind of lube would do the job (I've never used any so wouldn't know lol) and yes I've had a few bad soap experiences so if you must use soap, get in there and get it over with in a hurry!

9. midlifebear

Gold Member

I've never had a problem with keeping it clean and to facilitate cleanliness I used to apply a drop of baby oil inside around the head. About 27 years ago a friend who is a dermatologist suggested that every time I showered, bathed or went swimming that I pull back my foreskin and dust the head of my dick with Ammens body powder, which is basically just scented corn starch. Actually, corn starch works great, too. I works like a dry lubricant and actually keeps the sensitive skin soft and odor-free.

Anyway, it works for me.

10. littleuk

littleuk New Member

Might be due to shower gel usage. many of them smell realy nice but are quite aggresive and dry out the skin a lot. Try changing to natural soaps, loads of health shops sell them. Hope that you get back to nice supple skin and can rally enjoy wanking again.

11. LemacST

Gold Member

Thanks for the tips, guys. Yeah, I definitely scrub the shit out of my head lol. It leaves it nice and clean but completely dry.

When I'm hard, its not as bad though. The skin rolls over the head smoothly. It usually only happens after I get out of the shower and completely clean and dry out my penis. No form of lube=stuck foreskin. I like it being this clean though, whenever I don't use a lot of soap down there it feels unclean and can sometimes smell. I guess I'll stop cleaning it so vigorously and/or use baby oil or something.

12. SteveHd

Gold Member

I'll suggest cutting out *oops* soaps especially detergents. The inner surfaces are soft mucosa and don't produce as much sweat and sebum as epidermis and thus don't need heavy-duty cleaning. Try plain water and some good rubbing. If you must use something then try soap that doesn't contain detergents. Ivory and Camay bar [not liquid] are the ones I know of that don't contain detergent. I believe all liquid "soaps" contain detergents, no exception that I know of.

I'm not enthused about Vaseline or lotion in there. Those are intended for epidermis; not mucosa.

13. erratic

Gold Member

If you're really attached to soap try stepping down to Dove. Or, try making the scrubbing action (that just sounds painful) without soap. It may be a psychological thing.

Think of the lining of your foreskin like the inside of your cheeks. It needs to be cleaned, but it needs to be treated nicely.

14. blkcan

blkcan New Member

not at all dry

15. Teoman

Teoman New Member

some moisturise will fix this easy

16. Ionto

Ionto New Member

I know what you mean. My foreskin is short and loose, and the head tends to be rather dry. Perhaps that's why I like using a lubricant, though it works perfectly well without.

Draft saved Draft deleted