If you've ever cheated, why did you cheat?

Poivre89

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I cheated once. I didn't do anything physical but I devoted too much of myself to another person. My ex and I were in a terrible place we were fighting over everything, he was telling me that I was obviously stupid, among other things. We were just around each other more than we should have been for all the longer we were together.

We had a big fight, I stormed out and took off to a friend's house. While there I found out that I wasn't among a room full of straight men like I thought I was. There in fact was my friend's friend from high school. He introduced us, it turns out we had a fling with the same guy at one point and an ex is always a great diving board for a relationship.
I was still extremely furious with my ex that we'll call Bob from this point on. I wanted to go for a walk and the man I was just introduced to wanted to go for a walk with me. So we walked through the small college town, growing chilly in the early spring air but not paying much attention, the conversation was much too lively. It was so exciting to talk to somebody that wanted to listen to me. He even listened to the problems that Bob and I had and took my side (not saying I didn't put a very biased slant on things) and I felt so satisfied.
The next few days, these sort of actions continued, walks, drives, etc. He ended up telling me that he wanted me so bad and that he ahd never met anyone like me before. I was thrilled, torn, and crushed. It didn't get anymore physical than him holding me close under the bell tower during a down pour, but I felt so safe with him, I felt so right with him, it felt very innocent, as well.
The day he left town, Bob dumped me, and I haven't seen him since. Bob and I are still close friends and Bob doesn't really know about this. I did tell him about him, but I didn't tell him that I felt some crazy hormone driven shakesperean lust.

This all seems overly dramatic but I felt terrible afterwards. I feel like my stories don't compare to some, and I feel like my story is weak, but I thought I'd add.

Zula

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have. It was 3 yrs ago. I am still with the man I cheated on. To put it simply I wasnt happy with him and saw someone I thought was better. I slept with him, his dick has bigger. I slept with him one more time and sucked his dick two more times. I enjoyed it at the time. Since then our entire relationship has been building off of correcting lies I told to cover up whatever I could. Undeniably though, I love the man I am with, but was unhappy and unwilling to hurt his feelings (or deal with hurting his feelings) by telling him the sex could be better. Way past that now though, and guilty and unwilling or unable to ever cheat again, looking to further our sex life by exploring the truth.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
considering how many people stay in abusive relationships, i don't think you can assume that the relationship is over.
people stay for years, decades, lifetimes. and it's really not that rare.

Sadly you are speaking fact. Does not mean it is to be condoned. Everyone in a relationship needs to derive pleasure and worth from it or it is parasitism. :(

iluvbigheads

Just Browsing
Media
yes, i have.
my bf had raped me the day before. boohoo and so sorry imediately after.
i had arranged to him in a public place the next day, in order to end it face to face.
in between i needed to feel like i could have 'normal' sex.
so i shagged a mutual friend.

and i don't feel like a scumbag for doing it either.

Rape...and you carry on a profile on LPSG. Get real and you should feel bad.

Miss_Milk_Maid

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont really see what 'if cheatin is right or wrong' has to do with the questioned asked... does not matter if one believes it to be right or wrong people (men and women) still do it.

Me personally never cheated (its just not something I could do personally) but I have been with many a man who was cheating, they all have many reasons varying from "I dont get enough sex", "it is just something I do" and it just being something that happened.

In regards to the men are hard wire to cheat arguments, although I think it is some what, how to say weak as water, if one believes in the concept of evolution and that we did in fact come from nature, on could argue that it is just part of our animal nature to procreate with as many people as possible in order to ensure the race survives and the your genes survive. but as I said pretty lame excuse if you ask me!

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a question for women:

When you say you feel "terrible" about cheating is that because the sex was bad with the guy you cheated with?

And do you feel less terrible or even good about cheating if the 'cheating sex' is good?

Maia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't condone cheating under typical circumstances, but I think this broad brushed "all cheating is 100% wrong" is very naive.

I have a friend that cheats on his wife frequently, and in his case I think it is understandable.
His wife is abusive on all fronts. She lies often, she is physically abusive, verbally abusive, and has been arrested on more than one occasion when having meltdowns on him and their daughter in public. He wants to leave her, but they are from different countries and hold nationalities outside of the country they reside in. So, if he brings up divorce and she takes their daughter to her own country, he has no rights. And she is crazy and vindictive enough to do just that.
Normally I would say just leave her and don't damage your reputation and dignity by cheating, but I know the woman and I don't think he can leave without just grabbing his daughter from school, quitting his job, and leaving the country all in one day because his wife will do the same thing if he starts talking divorce. Or, he can tolerate his crazy wife and have his one night stands on the side until his daughter is old enough to make a decision to leave with him. I think it is basically unreasonable to say the man is a scumbag just because he wants to have basic needs such as sex and a bit of affection while being married to an insane person.

I am not fond of the idea of cheating but I do think exceptions can be made.

HareTrinity

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Never cheated. Anyone who does is a scumbag, and yes that includes women, and no, no excuse is good enough for cheating.

...He threatened to kill himself when I tried to break up with him...

It was once. I told him the next day. He was actually NICER for a bit afterwards, but brought it up at every argument... Even after the time he slapped my wrist for laughing at something he didn't like...

We stopped talking after he threatened to hurt me and my pets and tried to get into my house at 1am...

HareTrinity

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Lighten up, dude...she probably just misplaced her copy of Miss Manners' Guide to Appropriate Behaviors for Rape Victims.

Hahaha, this is awesome!

I always hate it when people talk about "rape victims" like it's synonymous for "women who are scared of sex."

RAPE isn't bad because it's SEX, it's bad because it's ASSAULT. Scary and/or a breach of trust.

...But yeah, never intended to cheat before the guy mentioned above, never have cheated since, never intend to.

I was young at the time and inexperienced in putting my foot down and ending a relationship regardless of emotional blackmail.

...Sadly I've got better at that...

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hahaha, this is awesome!

I always hate it when people talk about "rape victims" like it's synonymous for "women who are scared of sex."

RAPE isn't bad because it's SEX, it's bad because it's ASSAULT. Scary and/or a breach of trust.
you mean i can stop wearing a burqa and crying now?

what a fucking relief that is!

feely

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK sure? I know you're trying to get a rise out of me, but it's not going to work. I can really care less about anything someone who condones cheating thinks.

Can you? How much less can you care? Surely you mean you COULDN'T care less, indicating the amount you care in no situtation could become smaller.

More on topic, yes I have cheated, felt terrible, girlfriend found out, forgave me, haven't since and never will again.