If you've ever cheated, why did you cheat?

feely

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think men are hardwired to be monogamous.

Sorry for the double post, but there is some truth to this.

Men are more likely, biologically speaking, to want to sleep around as they (we) want to have the maximum possible spread of genetic material possible to maximise the chance of our genes being carried on. Women are more likely to want a monogamous relationship as it provides a more stable environment in which to raise any offspring.

On an unrelated note, I also find the position in menstrual cycle/different type of man theory to be pretty interesting.

I should have done an anthropology degree.

D

deleted356736

Sorry for the double post, but there is some truth to this.

Men are more likely, biologically speaking, to want to sleep around as they (we) want to have the maximum possible spread of genetic material possible to maximise the chance of our genes being carried on. Women are more likely to want a monogamous relationship as it provides a more stable environment in which to raise any offspring.

On an unrelated note, I also find the position in menstrual cycle/different type of man theory to be pretty interesting.

I should have done an anthropology degree.

I did study anthropological psychology at university as an adjunct to something else, and it was interesting as you can imagine. In some or perhaps many societies beyond our own, women aren't particularly fussed about monogamy as it's just sex. As long as he comes back, which he will. And, of course, where men stray then women must be straying as well, which is not uncommon beyond the Western-Christian view of things (and quite common within the Western-Christian view of things - where there's this double standard where it happens a lot but is still unacceptable).

Women in these societies stray for the reasons many men would give: variety and to experience a different type of sexual pleasure. Christian missionaries tried hard to stamp this out, but rarely succeeded.