Ignore

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've ignored people who sent me unwanted PMs (I r teh sxy 54 yr old man luking for young bys with big gcocks!! Plz shw me your cokc and tell me baot yur bdy!!) and people who just post crap in threads.

I don't think it's particularly appropriate to post who I have on ignore.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SomeGuyOverThere said:
and people who just post crap in threads.
Yes. There are some prolific posters who never have anything of the slightest interest to say. Their comments are chronically shy of any hint of content, insight, or wit. And when two (or, on a particularly bad day, three) of these paragons start trading what they fancy is brilliant repartee, a thread can go on for pages and pages of pointless drivel. Well, screw that. I find that if I just put both on Ignore, the thread collapses down to the point that I can readily see that there's nothing there without slogging to the bitter end. I know they posted, as I can see the gaps in the thread, but by inductive logic I know that the missing posts are entirely content-free, and that I can't have missed anything of interest. That's a lot of good from just a couple of mouse clicks.

It's a flawed system, because one of the people I consider a waste of bandwidth is a mod and can't be Ignored. However I won't go into that again - anyone who doesn't have me on Ignore has read it before.

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
big dirigible said:
Yes. There are some prolific posters who never have anything of the slightest interest to say. Their comments are chronically shy of any hint of content, insight, or wit. And when two (or, on a particularly bad day, three) of these paragons start trading what they fancy is brilliant repartee, a thread can go on for pages and pages of pointless drivel.
<3<3<3